Mindjet Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Mindjet Reviews

Updated Oct 14, 2019

3.4
Mindjet CEO Patrick Nichols (no image)
Patrick Nichols
Pros
  • "Free lunch on a Monday and Friday and fresh fruit on the office for the week(in 20 reviews)

• "MindManager is a great product, German team are brilliant(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Purchased Spigit and promptly missed its quarterly number causing a layoff(in 6 reviews)

• "Senior management seems out of touch with their product and customers(in 5 reviews)

"Fantastic company and great team of people to work with, I really enjoyed working for Mindjet"

Account Development Representative in Brentford, England

I worked at Mindjet

Pros

Small Team, we work closely with the Marketing and Sales Team to action new projects successfully. I would highly recommend anyone to consider working for Mindjet. Mindjet is a fair and equitable company who treats all their employees fairly.

Cons

Mindjet a small company set up but that works as an advantage, since you don't have to put up with the bureaucracy of a large business.

Advice to Management

Please stay open and transparent to continue making Mindjet a great place to work.

Mindjet2015-04-07

"Lost its way"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England

I worked at Mindjet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

MindManager is a great product, German team are brilliant. Great story behind the company, and a loyal VAR base and global community.

Cons

Lack of leadership in EMEA, no opportunities to progress, poor corporate strategy and has seen staff numbers in UK tumble from 35 in UK office to around 5 or 6. Acquisition of Spigit shifted corporate focus onto innovation and added some numbers to the UK office, but the company doesn't want to know what it wants to be. Changes in product direction, lack of focus on specific selling points (it is very broad) and... very poor account management from 2012 onwards resulted in too many management changes, lack of repeat business and poor execution. A lot of very talented people have moved on.

Advice to Management

Decide where you are going with MindManager, reach out to end users better and get some account managers to work consultatively in the Middle East and Africa.

Mindjet2015-08-18

"Could've been great....opportunity has passed"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Mindjet full-time

Pros

Good People, work hard but know how to play hard too. Free lunch on a Monday and Friday and fresh fruit on the office for the week.

Cons

When things are good management takes the credit, when low it's everyone else's fault. Quit stagnant atmosphere, saturation in the market may be close. During my tenure I have seen the company treat some highly successful people and some of the most inspiring, treated with such disrespect and lack of loyalty. No marketing focus or employee engagement and development plans.

Mindjet2015-07-03

"Terrible Culture in UK"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentford, England

I have been working at Mindjet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting Innovation product that opens doors for high level conversations.

Cons

Terrible blame culture driven by new sales leadership. Just love to throw people 'under the bus'. Awful Office location in Brentford. Market is being commoditized by low price competitors with strong marketing and Mindjet is unable to respond with impactful differentiators. Incredibly long sales cycle means little chance of new deals closing within 12 months. No pension. 12 months- 4 inbound leads! Absolute micro... management, embarrassment bordering on bullying.

Advice to Management

Either figure out a differentiator that customers care about or go home.

Mindjet2015-03-03
  5. "MIndjet"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Mindjet full-time for more than a year

Pros

Market leading solutions One of the most exciting areas I have worked for years Customer engagements are based on business conversations and not technology.....at C-Level, which is refreshing Great people

Cons

None at the moment, going well.....

Advice to Management

Keep it going!

Mindjet2014-09-17
  6. "Solid company that is always striving to improve"

I have been working at Mindjet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of really passionate people at Mindjet who care about the products and customers. They drive the company forward in a really professional manner, constantly stretching others to go above and beyond. Senior level decision making has really improved in the last twelve months, delivering a transparent message and clear vision. This has been a great improvement.

Cons

Still battling a little of the 'start up' culture in places you wouldn't expect and a large turn over in US staffing didn't help in late 2013/early 2014.

Advice to Management

1. Retain your best people with the historic knowledge of the product and the customers. 2. Weed out those who don't want to be part of the journey. 3. Unify the products.

Mindjet2014-08-26
  7. "Mindjet's success is in the people... products are great but its the people that brought me here and keep me here!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Brentford, England

I have been working at Mindjet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If someone asked me to sum up the people in Mindjet as a whole I would say... Enthusiastic, driven, passionate, intelligent, and committed. Not only committed to their individual role but the success as an entire business. Mindjet's a global company with global presence which means we deal with businesses on a global level. Its important in my opinion to have people on the ground in country when dealing with... clients outside the US. Established start up. As a business we have been through the good, bad, ugly, and in-different. We do make mistakes but the great thing is we are not afraid to hold our hands up and change our ways if needed.

Cons

Mindmanager in my opinion has been very similar (layout, features, functionality) over the last few versions even though we tend to release a new version every 1-2 years. I would really like to see a game changer... something that's going to make existing and new clients go "wowwwwwwwwwww". I'm aware this is forever being discussed.

Advice to Management

Rising stars. People are our greatest assets... lets's make sure they are identified early, mentored, developed, rewarded, and ultimately they continue to enjoy the ride and over-perform. Industry recognized training which extends not just to sales employees but employees as a whole.

Mindjet2014-08-22
  8. "Great product, great people"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Mindjet full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Undoubtedly it is the people that make Mindjet a great place to work. The team is very young and dynamic, and passionate about what they do. The products are also really great and have a really keen ambassador-base.

Cons

At times the levels of flexibility at Mindjet can be less than you would expect in this day and age, and I think that as a company they could look to offer a better benefits package. There has also been a lot of change in recent years, which has led to high staff turnover.

Advice to Management

Agree a strategy and stick to it (something that hopefully has now been done). Make sure you recognise the dedication of the staff that are so passionate about the product and have stayed with the company through its recent changes.

Mindjet2014-08-22
  9. "Why Mindjet"

Former Employee - Localization Engineer Lead

I worked at Mindjet full-time

Pros

Great work environment - Excellent team spirit

Cons

Poor leadership - Lack of vision

Mindjet2019-10-15
  10. "Great Location, Benefits, Good Culture"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Mindjet full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location, benefits, culture, relaxed environment, opportunities for knowledge and career advancement

Cons

Frequent shifts in focus, unclear end-goals

Mindjet2019-02-25