Mindvalley Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated Nov 13, 2019

4.5
Mindvalley Founder & CEO Vishen Lakhiani
Vishen Lakhiani
Pros
  • "Personal Growth - the company is investing in(in 17 reviews)

• "There's no rank and file here - you can speak to anyone about anything, even Vishen (if you manage to catch the few minutes of his free time)(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "The average compensation is good for Malaysia but could be better overall to match global industry standards(in 13 reviews)

• "I have no ill will towards MV or Vishen or anyone I worked with(in 9 reviews)

1. "Open, honest, kind and super fun place to be for overall growth"

Current Employee - SEO Content Specialist

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. People here are super helpful and open to guide you and make sure you feel part of the team from day 1. 2. Most of them are realists and most decisions are made based on testing and data, which is great for a company of this size.

Cons

1. There are a lot of teams, and it might take some time to fully understand what everyone is doing and how you can contribute.

Mindvalley2019-11-14
  2. "Good place to work"

I worked at Mindvalley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is extremely open and supportive

Cons

Things are changing a little bit too fast, some projects get abandoned completely.

Mindvalley2019-10-27

"The Most Effective Company Induction I've Been"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for less than a year

Pros

Things happened in the most efficient and smoothest way. The induction challenges me to think, discuss and give inputs on the actual company's operation and strategies, which made things more practical for me to take away from. Aside from that, it clearly allowed me to see and adapt with the culture and agility of this company. The people have been amazingly warm and welcoming, and inspiring as well. Grateful to be part of this company and its vision.

Cons

Mindvalley can move very quickly, so it might require fast-pace adaptation and flexibility when it comes to work.

Mindvalley2019-10-03
  4. "Amazing place and atmosphere"

Current Employee - Junior Video Editor in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is a very strong sense of community and sharing; Healthy atmosphere focused on self improvement and leading a healthy lifestyle, colleagues are constantly sharing ways to improve the way you eat, sleep, etc, it's fantastic; HR is extremely friendly and patient, they are very helpful during the hiring process and answer emails quickly.

Cons

So far I haven't seen a single con on working here.

Mindvalley2019-09-17

"Extremely Disappointing"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Mindvalley full-time

Pros

Environment with different cultures is nice. The modern look of the office.

Cons

An image I had about mindvalley before joining was incredibly positive, however after seeing how they treat people first hand, I must describe my immense disappointment. From missing meetings, to providing unrealistic expectations and timelines, the more time I spent with the company the more I started doubting the legitimacy of their business. By saying that I am referring to what the image of MV is promoted on the outside - spiritual, kind, welcoming, friendly. However, as you dig deeper, you'll soon realize, that while there are some of those positive qualities present, there definitely is more than meets the eye. There is a lack of organization and clear guidance from their side and they dodge payment responsibilities. For anyone who's looking into joining Mindvalley, I recommend you do a bit of research from former employees who've worked at the company as the current ones are forced to blast the Glassdoor review page with positive reviews by senior management.

Mindvalley2019-10-12

Mindvalley Response

October 16, 2019Leadership Team

First of all, thanks for writing in and leaving a review. We appreciate the time you've taken to give us feedback on how your experience has been with Mindvalley. I find it very unfortunate that your experience hasn't been up to your expectations. We do try our best to let new hires know during the screening and induction process that the way we operate isn't like traditional environments. It can seem very chaotic when hierarchy is so flat, things moving around because we operate based on OKRS and management by objective, and that's why we don't recommend Mindvalley for people who crave stability in their environment. In this case, it looks like that's exactly what happened here and expectations weren't met. Regarding glassdoor reviews, we ask our employees to leave reviews on a regular basis - it gives us a pulse check on how our culture is and how our organization health is and its because of reviews like yours that lets us know that we can definitely further tighten how we set expectations for new hires. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours and really appreciate you leaving a review here.

Continue reading

"A place where everything is possible, if YOU want to."

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth - The focus that growing yourself first and then everything will grow , is something that I LOVE from Mindvalley. Bold visions - The IDEA that changing the world is possible and aiming and working for it, is really exciting. You can really see how your mental scheme can expand in just a few years on what is possible if you really THINK BIG. People - The mindvalley team is filled up with exceptional and quite unique individuals, its like Mindvalley got a way to find them all and put them together in one place. I am impressed by the level of freedom they can give, if you take proper responsibility and ownership. Mindvalley is a lot of ask and it is given and the support the leaders, co-workers, teammates give you is amazing. They really care about you as an individual, and you can really see that they live the mission that they want to achieve. - Entrepreneurial thinking - this means no one is going to tell you what to do or there is not much direction. Again, I personally like it ALOT. This means you are deciding your own growth and what you bring and put forth. As this can be exciting for many, if what you look for is stability, routine-like type of everyday the same work and just what you are given/suppose to do and that's it, then its NOT for you.

Cons

- Start-up like culture. I personally like it but maybe it's not everyone cup of tea. - So many things are happening, its quite fast paced that sometimes you can get lost - there could be a bit of shinny object syndrome from the founder end's when it comes to company focuses and people. - The Top of Mind Paradox: Some people could raise faster than others because they are more loud, keep more top of mind in meetings and/or with the owner instead from the actual value and skills they provide.

Mindvalley2019-08-20

"Best Place to work and grow at."

Current Employee - Video Content Producer in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Mission driven team. - Very strong structures and feedback systems. - Team is Diverse AF with tons of international days, socials which means a lot of free food every month. - Yearly retreats and access to all the programs for free which cost 1000s of dollars. - Can always change teams if the role doesn't fit. - Strong focus on personal and professional growth. - Pay is good according to Malaysian Standards, if you are applying for the KL office.

Cons

- You will get ads related to MV constantly on YT, facebook, tinder (Google loves us) - You may not be able to ever get homesick because you will feel just at home here. Not so cheesy cons: - Salary is good according to Malaysian standards but can do better in terms globally coz everybody travels a-lot. - Don't get enough time to take the courses during weekdays. Weekends, yes.

Mindvalley2019-08-21
  8. "You Get What You Give"

Current Employee - Social Media Specialist

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- As a company that focuses on personal growth, it walks the talk for its employees. For example, during A-Report, we celebrated individuals who finished Spartan Races. We also have a space to promote any other spaces or interest groups for employees to join (e.g., Surfing, Yoga, Safety Circles, etc.) - Because the company evolves rapidly, new initiatives and opportunities arise often, and employees are encouraged to take them - I love working with the people around me. They are inspiring at work and outside of work. Everyone is constantly learning something new, trying new ideas, learning from ideas that worked and didn't work. Everyone tries to be constructive in feedback.

Cons

- When a company evolves fast, new teams can be formed. If you are part of a new team, it will be like a startup environment where processes and structure will need to be worked on from scratch. While to some, this can be exciting, to others, this instability can be uncomfortable to work with.

Mindvalley2019-08-19
  9. "Best company I've worked for"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Specialist in Kuala Lumpur

I have been working at Mindvalley full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The company invests in every employees personal growth - Love the company vision of uplifting humanity - The culture and family like bond within the company is amazing. I felt welcomed and comfortable right from my first day

Cons

- None so far in my short time

Mindvalley2019-08-19

"Very dissapointed"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representativee in Kuala Lumpur

I worked at Mindvalley full-time for less than a year

Pros

International environment, nice offices.

Cons

Lack of organisation and accountability from senior members. Too many times it has happened that senior members would NOT fulfil their basic duties. Furthermore, responsiveness to emails is pretty much non-existent. After getting to know MV up close, I seriously doubt how a company can sell personal development and organisational courses/talks with their own company lacking any structure WHATSOEVER. I genuinely think, their high rating at Glasdoor, as it has been mentioned before, is such due to the fact that current employees are forces to write hyped up reviews to keep the score high by the senior management, instead of tackling the real issues at hand - lack of accountability, organisation. I seriously recommend anyone who thinks that MV is all sunshine and rainbows to talk to some of their former employees who are no longer associated with the company to get a real image - I did not do that and paid for that mistake.

Mindvalley2019-09-22