Morningstar Reviews

Found 1,680 of over 1,832 reviews

4.2
Morningstar CEO Kunal Kapoor
Kunal Kapoor
Pros
  • "Good Work-life balance and stress-free life(in 281 reviews)

• "Great work environment with a lot of growth potential(in 124 reviews)

• Cons
  • "low pay, slow delivery, many products in maintenance lifecycle(in 50 reviews)

• "politics salary workload senior management(in 33 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Morningstar

Join the conversation on

Finance

26.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Morningstar~3299
    Join the conversation on
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work Culture

Oct 11, 2021 - Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

work-life balance, leaves, Team, Transparent

Cons

There are no cons as of now

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Perfect place if your not a woman or ethnic minority

Nov 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great bonus WFH Perfect location Alcohol on Fridays after 3pm Office is outstanding aesthetically

Cons

ethnic minority will probably never be on the board Only one woman is currently on the company board Diversity is horrific Not enough ethnic minorities in senior positions like 1000:1

Morningstar Response

Talent and Culture Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Though it looks like you are no longer with Morningstar, we would like to share a few things. Half of Morningstar’s board are women. This is one of the highest ratios for a publicly traded company. You can learn more about our board members on our website. Diversity, equity, and inclusion is integral to our mission and we’re committed to taking actions to advance this area at Morningstar and beyond. We do this through examining our internal policies, hiring practices, research, and deepening our education and understanding. This past year alone, we launched a new DEI training series for global employees to help spark conversation and awareness of important topics. Morningstar was also recognized for the third year in a row by Bloomberg’s 2021 Gender-Equality Index. Companies are measured on female leadership, gender pay parity, inclusive culture, harassment policies, and pro-women branding. For the fourth year in a row, Morningstar was named a Best Place to Work by Human Rights Campaign Foundation. And Morningstar India was named India’s Best Workplaces for Women in 2020. Despite the recognition and accolades, we always have room to grow and advance this space. Over the next year, we plan to empower investors with gender and ethnicity firm level DEI data in our products while enhancing our internal processes to ensure mobility and equity for our colleagues.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice people/Good opp to learn manager research process

Sep 14, 2021 - Research Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great opp to sharpen manager research skills Genuinely nice people Great atmosphere (feels a bit like a tech company)

Cons

Variable comp significantly below industry Low client exposure (within research role) Little opp for progression within research team

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Morningstar

Sep 13, 2021 - Data Analyst in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good place to work at times

Cons

Not many chances for promotion

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

(LONDON OFFICE) STAY AWAY FROM THIS DARK FIRM !! MORNINGSTAR IS SINISTER BEYOND IMAGINATION !!

Sep 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing positive about dark forces, lies, punishing behaviours, discrimination, abuse, and bullying !! STAY WELL AWAY FROM TRIANGLES AND EYES !!

Cons

LONDON OFFICE !! DO NOT believe the fake positive reviews, they all are made up in an effort to portray a different image than what they actually are. You will suffer, they will make you suffer !! HR is disgustingly corrupted, higher management consists of lazy individuals, a pure example of "You can't teach an old dog new tricks!". Lies, lies, and even more lies that make you sick. Censorship prevails as they make sure that reviews that describe the cold reality and their nastiness, just vanish out of the blue, so the world doesn't know their true colours. They are highly hostile if you don't obey and decide to react to constant bullying and abuse. You will be abused, you will be harassed and humiliated in front of so many other employees and no one will reach out to help you.The corrupted HR, the corrupted IT department, the corrupted line managers...they all will fight you and punish you!! You will be victimised, you will be labelled as crazy and unstable and you will lose your job !! They are DISGUSTING, THEY ARE TRASH !! THEY ARE DANGEROUS !!

1 person found this review helpful

Morningstar Response

Talent and Culture Manager

I’m sorry to read this review and hear that your experience with Morningstar has been anything but positive. What you have shared is a stark contrast of the culture and experience we strive to create every day. It also conflicts with the quarterly feedback we receive from our global employees. Over the past year, our employee engagement and satisfaction scores have been at an all-time high and continue to trend positively. Though there is always room to grow, we're very encouraged by what we're hearing from global employees. Our Glassdoor reviews and ratings are also a reflection of these efforts. I’m deeply concerned by what you shared, and I hope that you escalated any concerns to your manager, Talent & Culture, or our anonymous hotline. At Morningstar, we have zero tolerance for discrimination, harassment, and bullying. These behaviors are unacceptable and do not align with our culture or values. It's also important to note that Glassdoor is open to any and all reviews both positive and negative. Any of our current or former employees can post a review at any time. We have no say over who posts or the subject matter. The purpose of Glassdoor is to be a transparent and authentic listening channel for employer and future employees to hear what they are doing well and where they need to grow. If you are open to sharing more about your experience, please reach out to us at AskHR@morningstar.com.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Ok, not amazing

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Flexible working * Great people * Good insurance coverage * Nice office * Good technology

Cons

* Remuneration is not in line with the market standard. Raises are nearly impossible to achieve and bonuses minuscule * Bureaucracy * North America seems out of touch with the rest of the world * Lack of commercial awareness * Disconnect between senior leadership and the rest of staff * New ideas unwelcome

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of the best places to work in, with peace of mind and excellent growth opportunities!

Aug 4, 2021 - Senior Data Research Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Flexibility to work at any time. 2. Great People. 3. Amazing exposure to different work/teams. 4. Perks, benefits, rewards(monetary and non-monetary). 5. Ample choices to move across different teams based on capability. 6. Monetary help for professional and normal education of employees.

Cons

1. Sometimes the job may get monotonous. 2. Some teams have become stagnant hence no/less growth in the same team.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it

Aug 2, 2021 - Assistant Vice President
      Business Outlook

Pros

> Clear values, objectives > Great management > Amazing Colleagues > Good benefits/perks

Cons

> Better bonuses (although I love the fact that this company has a VERY transparent bonus structure) - but it's not really a con, I'd say it is an area of improvement. Overall the comp is fine, same as the industry

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A people's firm out and out! Great place to work.

Aug 1, 2021 - Sales Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

They care, they are accommodating, they listed to the employees and overall a very warm place to work. People are great and quite supportive. Culturally, i don't think firms get better than Morningstar.

Cons

Too accommodating, so a lot of low performers can & do float. They are also very rooted to their philosophy which means they are very slow to respond to a changing market. I also think they are trying to do too many things which almost always are half baked and their GTM is not the strongest. Talent acquisition is also lacking.

10. 4.0

Excellent company

Jul 25, 2021 - Sales Director in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very good company, only positive things to say, helpful and smart people in the business, always eager to help you progress, despite being a big company retains its 'family like' environment.

Cons

Salaries don't seem to increase much over time, decisions / approvals to change things are difficult because of the US making final calls on things happening even in Europe

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,680 Reviews