Mount Anvil Reviews

Updated Jan 18, 2022

Found 53 of over 53 reviews

4.5
Mount Anvil CEO Killian Hurley (no image)
Killian Hurley
Pros
  • "Well I can honestly say, that Mount Anvil lived up to its promises and delivered on every level(in 11 reviews)

• "High freedom, high responsibility: invest brainpower in setting goals, but managers don't dictate "how" to achieve them(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There are not many down side i can share about Mount Anvil(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

A

Jan 18, 2022 - Quantity Surveyor in Manchester, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was great work experience

Cons

No cons to talk about

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company to work for

Jan 12, 2022 - Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

They really value the employees and leaders of the business have integrity

Cons

Long hours and high work load

3. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

A great place to work and thrive

Oct 21, 2021 - Head of Business Applications in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Growth Mindset philosophy and strong learning mindset at all levels -Strong focus on goal setting and balanced review of the team and individual performance -Transparency of communication at all levels backed up with context and purpose. -Attention to work-life balance and respect of individuals -Great collaboration across departments aiming to achieve common goals.

Cons

- Introducing a bit more guidelines and structure for some critical aspects of the manager role.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Friendly colleagues with some nice benefits on the side

Sep 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

friendly colleagues, good benefits and incentives for working hard

Cons

aggressive targets leading to aggressive attitudes/behaviours coming from senior management down, long hours

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Continuous improvement and standout culture

Apr 27, 2021 - Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture of taking responsibility and challenging each other candidly; ambitious business with a clear strategy; definitely raising the bar in the industry. Doing lots these days for inclusion (i.e. getting the best out of all people) via encouraging candour and by implementing a panel of coaches ("first responders") from right across the business who help people own and solve problems directly.

Cons

High expectations and a fast pace which for some people would be a con as opposed to a pro.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Forward thinking and fantastic company to work for

Apr 1, 2021 - Applications Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Joining any new company can be quite daunting, especially if like me you decided to do this during a global pandemic and lockdown. As you can imagine, I was nervous and apprehensive as to whether or not the company culture and ethos described at my interview would actually live up to reality. Well I can honestly say, that Mount Anvil lived up to its promises and delivered on every level. From the get go, the on boarding process was effortless and smooth, everyone I have spoken too or worked with so far has been extremely open, helpful and easy to work with and most of all the business provides you with a platform to thrive in with a high freedom and high responsibility approach. Which if you’re like me, was game changing experience and a breath of fresh air, to remove the shackles and actually start bringing projects to life from day 1. What also surprised me the most, was that Mount Anvil drives a very open and honest culture, which has been clearly embedded and fully supported by everyone. We are encouraged to provide constructive feedback to one another, with an aim to help everyone continue to learn, grow and raise the bar. There is also a real sense of transparency and openness from the teams, especially from the CEO and directors. which is definitely not common and not something I’ve ever come across in my career. Mount Anvil is not like other companies that you will every work for, they’re not a company that says what you want to hear and never delivers, Mount Anvil delivers on everything its says it will do and for me a thriving 21st century way of working.

Cons

For me, I'm extremely happy at Mount Anvil so do not have anything to add here right now.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

My Mount Anvil Experience (so far)

Mar 31, 2021 - Finance Systems in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Having started a new role during lockdown 3.0, it is extraordinarily refreshing to join a company that focuses on trusting its people to be responsible and delivering their objectives. My previous role in the Aviation industry afforded me a similar level of trust, but Mount Anvil take it further and in turn make you want to improve yourself and others around you. My onboarding experience was fantastic as I collected my kit from the swanky office and everything worked straight away. All the HR formalities were completed in advance with a minimum of fuss and I was presented to the colleagues who were in the office, who all made me feel most welcome. I think that the icing on the cake for me, was the fact that the CEO and Managing Director, both took time out to welcome, have a chat, find out if I’m settling in ok and in the early evening, both take their time to say goodbye and find out how my day went. This personal touch was key as this gave me a strong early indication about how the company values its employees.

Cons

I think I’ve been lucky enough not to experience any. The only negative I can possibly think of is not being able to see and work with my new teammates. However, as awesome as Mount Anvil are, I’m not sure if they can resolve a pandemic...

8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Extreme highs and lows

Mar 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Have met some of the most inspiring people at this company. Lots of fantastic professionals who are great teachers and leaders.

Cons

Have failed to recognise loyal and hard working members of staff. Promoting favourites rather than the deserving.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A culture designed for quality outcomes

Mar 4, 2021 - Corporate Communications Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I started at Mount Anvil during the first month of the first lockdown. Throughout my onboarding, I could see that both my manager and his manager had invested a lot of time in putting together the most effective virtual onboarding programme - this investment on their parts continued and set me up with the best possible grounding for success in my role. The business provides everyone at every level with high freedom and high responsibility, so if you enjoy getting hold of a project and bringing it to life with the full support of your colleagues, this is the place for you. It also encourages candid feedback both up and down the chain of command and while many companies say they do this, you'll realise at Mount Anvil that there is a proper and constructive way of doing this that helps everyone learn from their mistakes and raise the bar.

Cons

It's quite rare but high freedom and high responsibility/desire not to be hierarchical can lead to a bit of uncertainty/indecisiveness and can slow down projects ever so slightly.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Supportive environment for working mum's

Feb 19, 2021 - Marketing Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

As a new mum, I was nervous about returning from maternity leave, but the HR team outlined lots of ways other people in the business were doing it and gave me the option to choose what worked best for me. They also took the time to check-in and see how I was feeling after I had returned. To have support and flexibility when you're navigating a new role meant transitioning back into the workplace was a breeze - if anything, it felt great. I've worked at Mount Anvil for six years. The company invests in good people, offering an environment of high-freedom, high-reward. There are a real sense of culture and people that has strengthened over the years. This sense of care is underpinned by the fact that it's a privately owned family organisation (many employees are shareholders) with a modest and philanthropic CEO. If you're a decent person who wants to work hard, you'll do well here.

Cons

No clear policy on flexible working at present.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 53 Reviews