OCS Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

2.5
OCS Group CEO Peter Slator
Peter Slator

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "No pros whatsoever this company makes me feel ill" (in 5 reviews)

• "Easy work not much thought is needed for it" (in 3 reviews)

"Loved it"

Current Employee - Cleaner in Chippenham, South West England, England
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Chippenham, South West England, England

I have been working at OCS Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff, amazing people, ok place

Cons

Not pay on time it was hard to get to big boses

2. "Great company"

I worked at OCS Group full-time

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

None really that I can think of

3. "Industrial Cleaner"

I have been working at OCS Group full-time

Pros

- Excellent hours
    - Weekends off
    - Supportive management

Cons

- Minimum wage
    - physically demanding
    - no progression

4. "Focus on cost-cutting"

Former Employee - Accountant in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at OCS Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice building in Crawley with car parking

Cons

Cost-cutting takes precedence; UK shared services team slowly being moved elsewhere; little career opportunities

Advice to Management

Look after your staff - they make the business

5. "Account Development Executive"

Former Employee - Account Development Executive in Crawley, West Sussex, South East England, England

I worked at OCS Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Perks such as regular attendance to the company box at the o2 Greenwich with clients, relaxed working environment with the flexibility of working at home most of the time .

In a sales role there is also a lot of opportunity to travel bringing lots of variety to the role.

Cons

Sometimes a bit too laid back. Difficult to see end goal, so not for those who are looking for quick progression.

Advice to Management

Very friendly and generally very personable which is crucial for moral within a business. Perhaps more emphasis on individual targets and progression would be beneficial.

6. "Ocs fails as an employer"

Current Employee - Cleaner in Taunton, England
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Taunton, England

I have been working at OCS Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

None for a part time cleaner

Cons

I have worked for Ocs for over 5 year and in that time I have had little input from the Ocs management but the few things they have done they have they have got wrong. First wages over the last 5 years are routinely wrong and have to be made up with either a separate payment or wait till next months wages to see the missing amount which for someone on benefits can be a big loss when I receive too much one month and not enough on others which can directly affect career's allowance and housing benefit, on one occasion I received an out of the blue payment which I shouldn't have got which was directly taken out of my benefits but when I asked my boss why it was paid knowing they will want me to pay it back the response from Ocs was they didn't pay it and I had to prove by providing bank statements(twice) that they paid it but still after 6 months they were still investigating it and couldn't find it on their accounts and still refused to admit their mistakes. For past year now Ocs has under paid me my contracted hours by odd amounts off between 0.08 of an hour to 0.56 of an hour which are so small and petty it begs belief and regardless of their numerous excuses blaming me or my site they still refuse to see it as an issue for them to look into, the most recent excuse for the shortcomings are that I am logging in too late or off too early but I am logged in and out at same time as other employees who don't see the same deduction. Training at Ocs has been minimal and more to do with site policy vut then did get me to do a year long customer service corse with Bristol collage but after the year was out I never heard anything back about whether I passed or failed and my year long of corse work handed in was never marked or returned or any kind of results from the corse and 4 years on no one knows if I ever passed or failed and Ocs won't comment and Bristol collage have no record of me. Staff benefits are a joke unless you earn high enough, I applied for the cycle to work scheme but was told I don't earn high enough to be eligible which at the time even my boss was miffed and pointed out that lower wage employees need more help with schemes to buy a bike then someone on a higher wage and yet is only for full time staff to apply even though when Ocs took over our site contracts 5years ago they made a big selling point on the benefits we will all receive and yet when we all signed on with the ideas they sold us and few months down the line all the promises disappeared along with the upper managements who I have never seen and been allowed to speak to and not even told names until months after they have visited site to introduce themselves to site management. Cover staff to help cover sick and holidays were only provided first few months after that we were left to our own devices. Equipment orders are a nightmare source and orders are often delayed or lost to other sites with blame being put on us with excuses like emails were never received or we put wrong site number on email even though send emails are saved but considered unnecessary to show as we just have to "wait". I have been asked 3 times over the last year+ for my measurements for new uniform which still gone unanswered and my boss had to provide me with a t-shirt that was ment for someone else but didn't fit. Overall Ocs has been a big let down and still continue to be distant and almost uncaring of our site and if wasn't for the fact I still want to work for our current site I would be abandoning my contract with Ocs by now.

Advice to Management

Pay what people actually earn, accept responsibility for mistakes and work with us to correct them and stop changing who is responsible for our site because each one comes in with same old story about wanting to help and correct mistakes but then "changes" before anything happens and have to start all over again.

7. "Cleaner"

Current Employee - Cleaner in Gillingham, England
    Current Employee - Cleaner in Gillingham, England

I have been working at OCS Group full-time

Pros

Really can't think of any.Is their ANY pros for working under ocs?

Cons

Not being paid right wages short every month holiday paid wrong rate if your lucky to get paid anything.no team working, managers promise everything under the sun but won't deliver anything.OCS have fingers in alot pies but yet isn't it funny how people don't have anything good to say about the company.

Advice to Management

Get of your butt listen and take action on what your staff are telling you. Sort out the staff wages, After all you guys get paid right dont you?because your on a yearly salary not per hour. Try working on our money per month and how much staff are short paid each month do that for a period of time and see how you would feel and cope. Don't fob the staff off giving them the ocs talk which has been drummed in you head of how great ocs are and start to deliver.

8. "Counter"

I worked at OCS Group part-time

Pros

Not many pros other than Salary and vacation

Cons

Members treated based on the preferences from the supervisor. For seniors no need to follow the rules.

Advice to Management

Please treat all employees equally

9. "steward"

Former Employee - Event Safety Steward
    Former Employee - Event Safety Steward

I worked at OCS Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It has very good pay

Cons

But it needs more shifts only

10. "Stocktaking Job, can do better"

Former Employee - Stock Taker in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - Stock Taker in Birmingham, England

I worked at OCS Group part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Teamwork, decent pay compared to the competition, free travel to work, holiday pay, pension

Cons

Long shift hours, long travel hours with no pay for travelling, sometimes when you work in a cold warehouse you are not provided with the appropriate clothing. This job will wear you out quickly.

Advice to Management

Treat your staff decently. And provide pay for travel