Percolate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.0
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Awesome office, awesome people, great product, passionate clients" (in 9 reviews)

• "It is an excellent SaaS company with a positive and bright future with room to grow your career" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance" (in 11 reviews)

• "I would also like to address the prior comment on here about a hard fast paced environment" (in 6 reviews)

"I really like it here"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England
    Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great CEO, great office location, great colleagues. It is always a positive when you are invested in other people's success and they're invested in yours. Makes getting out of bed very easy in the morning.

Cons

A fair amount of recent reorganisation recently ( very necessary but always a little destabilising)

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your talent already here at Percolate.

"Not always perfect, but a great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

I've been given great opportunities at Percolate and been able to learn a lot being here.
    Our leaders are always working super hard to make our company a success and this carries down to every individual here. People are really invested in doing well and will help you wherever they can. Changes in leadership recently have been really encouraging, too, so we're looking at real positives on the horizon.
    The people are what makes the place what it is, once you're here you're part of the Percolate Family!

Cons

Making the company successful means changing things internally and unfortunately it's in these changes where Percolate has found it's challenges. The company has not handled them well and this has caused confusion and uncertainty.

Advice to Management

Think more about your people and how what you're doing will impact them. They are your strongest asset and having them on board will better your chances of success. All it needs is better communication!

Percolate Response

21 Jun 2018 – People Operations

Too many changes can certainly take their toll, we hear you on that. But we're glad to hear that you are feeling confident in our current leadership and that the future looks bright once more! Our... More

"We're headed in the right direction"

Current Employee - Services in London, England
    Current Employee - Services in London, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- The smartest and most thoughtful group of people I've ever had a chance to work with
    - Focus on employee growth and giving you the independence and framework you need to progress
    - Great culture - clubs, drinks, wins, SKO
    - A product that's really making a difference. Defining a category, solving real problems.
    - Improved GTM strategy
    - Brilliant work being done to add structure to the Services Org.

Cons

- Hire fast, fire fast.
    - Lack of transparency
    - Delayed IPO
    - You define your own goals - a pro and a con when it's matched with no management
    - Not enough external training

Advice to Management

Communicate openly with your employees. Chinese whispers aren't doing anyone a favor.
    Invest in personnel development and external training programs.

"I thoroughly enjoy working here"

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice offices, nice people, smart people, helpful people, trendy people ect. Strong product which comes across well revered in the market, aesthetically pleasing. This was my first start up and I've loved the journey. Good benefits and good opportunity to travel.

Cons

They have made a lot of recent changes throughout the company across sales and product... It's a start up, that's normal and it'll take a little bit of time for the results to show... if that can be a con?

"Enterprise AE"

Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England
    Former Employee - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England

Pros

- Superb people
    - Tackling a real problem
    - Solid technology and UX
    - Great close knit team in EMEA office
    - Awesome customer base and evangelists

Cons

- Transparency
    - Ability for company to cope with frequent change
    - More of an agency-like culture than a scale-up SaaS company
    - 2016 switch to customer success-centric approach was weirdly delayed
    - Inability to attract top tier management talent

Advice to Management

Pivot to a 100% employee and customer-centric culture, decentralise control, embrace mistakes and be radically transparent.

"A short lived mistake"

I worked at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the sector is a good one, good basic salary, some intelligent people work there, office locations are good...gosh I've got to get to 20 word minimum and I am done with the pros.

Cons

Poor leadership, highly inexperienced management, especially those early days hires who were then promoted to directors...oh their arrogance...product strategy is poor. In the enterprise space competitors are winning almost every time against Percolate...clients churn is scary, very few new clients signed quarterly... most business decisions such as hiring plans and following layoffs., product pricing changes...all out of a "how not to run a startup" for dummies manual.
    Plenty of proper companies to work for out there, Percolate isn't one of them.

Advice to Management

the time to bring in an experienced CEO was 3 years ago. Percolate need someone who can take the company to the next level...2015 made it quite cleat there are some real challenges within the business. hiring and firing is OK but when you're churning as many clients s you are...well that's not OK and firing people will not solve that either. Fix the product, price it right and focus on winning new clients... also you may want to look into how you are dealing with your employees as there are not many good reviews here on Glassdoor.

"Caution: Tech bros at work"

I worked at Percolate full-time

Pros

- Much like the software itself, everything looks great initially: Slick offices, shiny product, nice co-workers. However, it's when you scratch the surface everything starts to get ugly

Cons

- Obtuse, macho-man management style. A culture of fear pervades the company - that's just the way they've like it. This won't changes unless the guys at the top move (Don't hold your breath!).

- Percolate wants nothing more than to be cool but they can't even put together a functioning product and 'kool-aid' clients are starting to take note. Ridiculous overspending on things like taxi ads and have come back to bite hard.

- Percolate management reviews suggest a 'complete turnaround'. I can't comment on that personally, but I suspect these particular leopards are unable to change their spots.

There are many other good companies in NYC. Join them instead.

"Opportunity not to be missed"

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

* Superb cultural environment
    * Hugely impressive product
    * Company strategy
    * Opportunity to learn and craft skill set
    * Ownership and responsibility
    * Lunches/Breakfasts all the simple things

Cons

* Limited Senior Management in London
    * Lack of forum based discussions

"Startup with growing pains"

Current Employee - Client Solutions in London, England
    Current Employee - Client Solutions in London, England

I have been working at Percolate (Less than a year)

Pros

Great product, and some smart people work here. Lots of automomy and responsibility. Perks and clubs are all nice touches. Onboarding and training is well structured. Genuinely nice people work here. Relatively transparent company.

Cons

This is an American company and American work culture isn't for everyone. People get fired and literally 'disappear' pretty often. Often feels like new features are prioritised to satisfy Forrester requirements rather than any genuine client need. Senior management can be pretty dry and uninspiring. Pretty unclear what your career path would be if you worked here for more than a year or two but yes, that's true of a lot of startups. Coming to the top of the S curve, anticipate lots of changes.

Advice to Management

A lot of employees look completely shell-shocked half the time. That's not the way it has to be at a startup.

"Senior Sales Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Engineer in London, England

I worked at Percolate full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

1. Great company.
    2. Great product.
    3. Great people.

Cons

1. Middle management.
    2. Openness and transparency from top down.

Advice to Management

1. Focus on end-user and more depth to product offering.
    2. Less complicated pricing.