Percolate Reviews

Updated 15 Apr 2021

3.6
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton
Pros
  • "Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction(in 9 reviews)

• "Percolate is a great company with a very good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"I really like it here"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great CEO, great office location, great colleagues. It is always a positive when you are invested in other people's success and they're invested in yours. Makes getting out of bed very easy in the morning.

Cons

A fair amount of recent reorganisation recently ( very necessary but always a little destabilising)

Percolate Response

July 31, 2019People Operations

Hey thanks for your review! We love hearing that you're happy here! Definitely makes getting out of bed easier in the morning. That, plus knowing there is nice cup of cold brew waiting when you get to work! :)

2. "Nice culture, difficult product to sell"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

Nice colleagues, good culture and executive team

Cons

The product is a nice to have, not a need to have. So sales cycles are very long and very tough

"Not always perfect, but a great place to work"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

I've been given great opportunities at Percolate and been able to learn a lot being here. Our leaders are always working super hard to make our company a success and this carries down to every individual here. People are really invested in doing well and will help you wherever they can. Changes in leadership recently have been really encouraging, too, so we're looking at real positives on the horizon. The people are what makes the place what it is, once you're here you're part of the Percolate Family!

Cons

Making the company successful means changing things internally and unfortunately it's in these changes where Percolate has found it's challenges. The company has not handled them well and this has caused confusion and uncertainty.

Percolate Response

June 21, 2018People Operations

Too many changes can certainly take their toll, we hear you on that. But we're glad to hear that you are feeling confident in our current leadership and that the future looks bright once more! Our people are also our strongest asset, no question. We have implemented several programs across the company over the last few months that we hope have helped with things like communication and transparency. We're excited to keep moving forward and glad to have you as part of the Perco Fam!

"A short lived mistake"

1.0

I worked at Percolate full-time for less than a year

Pros

the sector is a good one, good basic salary, some intelligent people work there, office locations are good...gosh I've got to get to 20 word minimum and I am done with the pros.

Cons

Poor leadership, highly inexperienced management, especially those early days hires who were then promoted to directors...oh their arrogance...product strategy is poor. In the enterprise space competitors are winning almost every time against Percolate...clients churn is scary, very few new clients signed quarterly... most business decisions such as hiring plans and following layoffs., product pricing changes...all out of a "how not to run a startup" for dummies manual. Plenty of proper companies to work for out there, Percolate isn't one of them.

Continue reading

"We're headed in the right direction"

4.0
    Current Employee - Services in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time for more than a year

Pros

- The smartest and most thoughtful group of people I've ever had a chance to work with - Focus on employee growth and giving you the independence and framework you need to progress - Great culture - clubs, drinks, wins, SKO - A product that's really making a difference. Defining a category, solving real problems. - Improved GTM strategy - Brilliant work being done to add structure to the Services Org.

Cons

- Hire fast, fire fast. - Lack of transparency - Delayed IPO - You define your own goals - a pro and a con when it's matched with no management - Not enough external training

Continue reading

"Intellectually stimulating & fast paced"

in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate for less than a year

Pros

Intellectually stimulating environment, great colleagues, a sense of camaraderie and despite long hours, there is a solid vision set forth by the founding team and a lot of leeway given to employees to tackle problems with creative solutions. Fast paced, high growth company with smart thinkers across product, design and business teams. Opportunity to work closely with C-suite executives at Fortune 500 companies to tackle real challenges.

Cons

You need to be ok with long hours and comfortable with critical feedback, the workplace is very demanding in terms of quality and quantity of work.

Continue reading

"I thoroughly enjoy working here"

5.0

I have been working at Percolate full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice offices, nice people, smart people, helpful people, trendy people ect. Strong product which comes across well revered in the market, aesthetically pleasing. This was my first start up and I've loved the journey. Good benefits and good opportunity to travel.

Cons

They have made a lot of recent changes throughout the company across sales and product... It's a start up, that's normal and it'll take a little bit of time for the results to show... if that can be a con?

"Startup with growing pains"

Client Solutions in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate for less than a year

Pros

Great product, and some smart people work here. Lots of automomy and responsibility. Perks and clubs are all nice touches. Onboarding and training is well structured. Genuinely nice people work here. Relatively transparent company.

Cons

This is an American company and American work culture isn't for everyone. People get fired and literally 'disappear' pretty often. Often feels like new features are prioritised to satisfy Forrester requirements rather than any genuine client need. Senior management can be pretty dry and uninspiring. Pretty unclear what your career path would be if you worked here for more than a year or two but yes, that's true of a lot of startups. Coming to the top of the S curve, anticipate lots of changes.

"Grow with Percolate"

Current Employee - Director in London, England, England

I have been working at Percolate full-time

Pros

-Open and transparent atmosphere gives employees the opportunity to stay informed -Autonomous team structures empowers employees to run with the Percolate vision -Great benefits including an education stipend to keep employees learning and interested!

Cons

-Not too much of a con, more of a way of working within a start up: things move quickly, you must learn fast and act on it. You will be rewarded.

"Caution: Tech bros at work"

1.0

I worked at Percolate full-time

Pros

- Much like the software itself, everything looks great initially: Slick offices, shiny product, nice co-workers. However, it's when you scratch the surface everything starts to get ugly

Cons

- Obtuse, macho-man management style. A culture of fear pervades the company - that's just the way they've like it. This won't changes unless the guys at the top move (Don't hold your breath!). - Percolate wants nothing more than to be cool but they can't even put together a functioning product and 'kool-aid' clients are starting to take note. Ridiculous overspending on things like taxi ads and have come back to bite hard. - Percolate management reviews suggest a 'complete turnaround'. I can't comment on that personally, but I suspect these particular leopards are unable to change their spots. There are many other good companies in NYC. Join them instead.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 156 Reviews