Percolate Reviews

Found 153 of over 159 reviews

3.5
Percolate CEO Randy Wootton
Randy Wootton
Pros
  • "Employees are very smart and hard working - everyone seems to be rowing in the right direction(in 9 reviews)

• "Percolate is a great company with a very good work life balance(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Do not believe in any work life balance(in 11 reviews)

• "It is fast paced- so you need to be ready for a that(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

I really like it here

Jul 2, 2018 - Sales in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great CEO, great office location, great colleagues. It is always a positive when you are invested in other people's success and they're invested in yours. Makes getting out of bed very easy in the morning.

Cons

A fair amount of recent reorganisation recently ( very necessary but always a little destabilising)

2 people found this review helpful

Percolate Response

People Operations

Hey thanks for your review! We love hearing that you're happy here! Definitely makes getting out of bed easier in the morning. That, plus knowing there is nice cup of cold brew waiting when you get to work! :)

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

Nice culture, difficult product to sell

Feb 18, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice colleagues, good culture and executive team

Cons

The product is a nice to have, not a need to have. So sales cycles are very long and very tough

Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. The latest conversations about Tech

180 Comments

Tech

33.8K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Reviews&utm_term=Percolate~695577
      Join the conversation on
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Not always perfect, but a great place to work

Jun 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been given great opportunities at Percolate and been able to learn a lot being here. Our leaders are always working super hard to make our company a success and this carries down to every individual here. People are really invested in doing well and will help you wherever they can. Changes in leadership recently have been really encouraging, too, so we're looking at real positives on the horizon. The people are what makes the place what it is, once you're here you're part of the Percolate Family!

Cons

Making the company successful means changing things internally and unfortunately it's in these changes where Percolate has found it's challenges. The company has not handled them well and this has caused confusion and uncertainty.

Percolate Response

People Operations

Too many changes can certainly take their toll, we hear you on that. But we're glad to hear that you are feeling confident in our current leadership and that the future looks bright once more! Our people are also our strongest asset, no question. We have implemented several programs across the company over the last few months that we hope have helped with things like communication and transparency. We're excited to keep moving forward and glad to have you as part of the Perco Fam!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

We're headed in the right direction

Feb 14, 2017 - Services in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The smartest and most thoughtful group of people I've ever had a chance to work with - Focus on employee growth and giving you the independence and framework you need to progress - Great culture - clubs, drinks, wins, SKO - A product that's really making a difference. Defining a category, solving real problems. - Improved GTM strategy - Brilliant work being done to add structure to the Services Org.

Cons

- Hire fast, fire fast. - Lack of transparency - Delayed IPO - You define your own goals - a pro and a con when it's matched with no management - Not enough external training

2 people found this review helpful
    6. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

I thoroughly enjoy working here

Feb 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice offices, nice people, smart people, helpful people, trendy people ect. Strong product which comes across well revered in the market, aesthetically pleasing. This was my first start up and I've loved the journey. Good benefits and good opportunity to travel.

Cons

They have made a lot of recent changes throughout the company across sales and product... It's a start up, that's normal and it'll take a little bit of time for the results to show... if that can be a con?

7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Enterprise AE

Jan 19, 2017 - Enterprise Account Executive in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Superb people - Tackling a real problem - Solid technology and UX - Great close knit team in EMEA office - Awesome customer base and evangelists

Cons

- Transparency - Ability for company to cope with frequent change - More of an agency-like culture than a scale-up SaaS company - 2016 switch to customer success-centric approach was weirdly delayed - Inability to attract top tier management talent

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

A short lived mistake

Apr 14, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

the sector is a good one, good basic salary, some intelligent people work there, office locations are good...gosh I've got to get to 20 word minimum and I am done with the pros.

Cons

Poor leadership, highly inexperienced management, especially those early days hires who were then promoted to directors...oh their arrogance...product strategy is poor. In the enterprise space competitors are winning almost every time against Percolate...clients churn is scary, very few new clients signed quarterly... most business decisions such as hiring plans and following layoffs., product pricing changes...all out of a "how not to run a startup" for dummies manual. Plenty of proper companies to work for out there, Percolate isn't one of them.

23 people found this review helpful
    9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Caution: Tech bros at work

Apr 13, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Much like the software itself, everything looks great initially: Slick offices, shiny product, nice co-workers. However, it's when you scratch the surface everything starts to get ugly

Cons

- Obtuse, macho-man management style. A culture of fear pervades the company - that's just the way they've like it. This won't changes unless the guys at the top move (Don't hold your breath!). - Percolate wants nothing more than to be cool but they can't even put together a functioning product and 'kool-aid' clients are starting to take note. Ridiculous overspending on things like taxi ads and have come back to bite hard. - Percolate management reviews suggest a 'complete turnaround'. I can't comment on that personally, but I suspect these particular leopards are unable to change their spots. There are many other good companies in NYC. Join them instead.

17 people found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Opportunity not to be missed

Nov 5, 2015 - Enterprise Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

* Superb cultural environment * Hugely impressive product * Company strategy * Opportunity to learn and craft skill set * Ownership and responsibility * Lunches/Breakfasts all the simple things

Cons

* Limited Senior Management in London * Lack of forum based discussions

11. 3.0

Startup with growing pains

Nov 19, 2015 - Client Solutions in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great product, and some smart people work here. Lots of automomy and responsibility. Perks and clubs are all nice touches. Onboarding and training is well structured. Genuinely nice people work here. Relatively transparent company.

Cons

This is an American company and American work culture isn't for everyone. People get fired and literally 'disappear' pretty often. Often feels like new features are prioritised to satisfy Forrester requirements rather than any genuine client need. Senior management can be pretty dry and uninspiring. Pretty unclear what your career path would be if you worked here for more than a year or two but yes, that's true of a lot of startups. Coming to the top of the S curve, anticipate lots of changes.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 153 Reviews