Philips Reviews

Updated 13 May 2021

3.9
Philips President and CEO Frans van Houten
Frans van Houten
Pros
  • "Good benefits and good management systems(in 211 reviews)

• "Flexible working hours and good environment(in 154 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Upper Management was always firefighting(in 90 reviews)

• "Important to be bilingual, Spanish-English-Portuguese-Dutch(in 71 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Excellent, employee oriented organisation

15 Feb 2021 - Support Centre Employee in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, management who understand how to look after their team members and good progression opportunities.

Cons

Too many layers - sometimes hard to get issues resolved quickly.

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, great to hear that you're satisfied with the management in your department and the benefits offered. At Philips, we conduct regular analysis to ensure we offer our employees a wide and competitive range of benefits. Your advice is really appreciated as well. All feedback is used in the aggregate to continuously improve the lives and work experience of our employees. Thanks for supporting our mission to improve people’s lives!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee

philips healthcare

13 May 2021 - Senior Electronics Engineer in Chichester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Very nice people very helpful company

Cons

paper work and bureaucracy closing down

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Not a terrible place to work

15 Mar 2021 - Key Account Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

forward thinking employer, pay well

Cons

management is hit and miss, some are great, some are not

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, we're glad to hear that your experience working for our company in London has been a great one overall. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and advice here, it's much appreciated. We wish you all the best in your future undertakings.

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great Team In Glemsford

8 Mar 2021 - NPI Project Manager in Glemsford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The Best Team I Ever Worked With

Cons

The Owners couldn't see the true value of Avent staying in the UK

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for your review. We're glad to read that you were so keen on the team you've worked with during your time at Philips in Glemsford. We hope that you've already found or will soon find another position that is to your liking. All the best in your future undertakings!

5. 4.0
      Current Employee

Progressive, diverse environment

13 Mar 2021 - Clinical Sleep Educator in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible, supportive of education opportunities

Cons

Bureaucracy slows things down, leadership favors men

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, we appreciate that you've decided to say a few words about your experience working for our company in London as Clinical Sleep Educator. We're glad to hear that it's been a good one so far. We of course want to ensure equal treatment for all our employees. If you've experienced behaviour you believe may be inconsistent with our General Business Principles or our Behaviors, then we hope that we can encourage you to share your story via our Ethics line to enable the matter to be formally reviewed: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html. Thank you for leaving your review here on Glassdoor and thank you for being on board!

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Worst company

18 Feb 2021 - Sales in Guildford, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Corporate organisation with good salaries

Cons

I worked at the Guildford head office. Office culture is very cold and not friendly at all. Food and drink facilities are poor. On site restaurant is over priced and the only free coffee / tea is from a cheap machine which gives you barely half a cup! HR is poor too, workplace bullying wasn’t escalated to HR but should have been. Previous female MD was so rude... wouldn’t even say thank you if you held the door open for her! No wonder the company culture lacks massively.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback, we do take these matters seriously and your comments have been noted. Your experience doesn’t sound like a positive one and we regret that you had an experience that is not consistent with the company’s values and intentions. Feedback will be used in the aggregate to continuously improve the lives and work experience of our employees . Moreover, Philips Management is active on Glassdoor so your comments will be taken into account. Thanks for your time with us and we wish you all the best in your next career challenge.

7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company & Culture

14 Jan 2021 - Marketing Director in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Respectful, professional, full of bright individuals. Rapidly growing, clear strategy. Meaningful innovations

Cons

Sometimes lack of accountability and high level decisions that are hard to operationalise

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing some of your insights here. We love hearing that you're happy with the work environment and culture in the London office, and that you appreciate the people you work with. Your points of improvement are valuable as well. Since upper management is active on this platform too, your feedback will be read by the right people. Great to have you on board, all the best with your career!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

its OK

30 Jan 2021 - Warehouse Worker in Tangmere, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

only ;-)everything is fine i am happy

Cons

non....no downsides..it's ok no downsides..it's ok

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, it's good to hear that you've enjoyed working for Philips in Tangmere. Thank you for saying a few words about your experience, it's much appreciated! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

To keep your sanity "Stay away"

30 Jan 2021 - Senior Systems Engineer in Chichester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Part of a wider Philips group. Can leverage a lot of expertise from wider Philips.

Cons

A lot of intimidation by one particular manager. No R & D future defined direction. Years of talking and no action. One unqualified manager allowed to keep getting rid of his subordinates.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review your former employer. We regret hearing that you don't look back at the 5+ years you've worked for Philips in Chichester as Systems Engineer with satisfaction by far. We hope that we can encourage you to share your experiences with the manager via our Ethics line, so this can be investigated further: https://secure.ethicspoint.eu/domain/media/en/gui/100518/index.html. We are listening. Wishing you all the best moving forward.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Turn Around before you make biggest Mistake of your Life

10 Mar 2021 - Project Manager in Farnborough, Hampshire, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Big company with great potential

Cons

A lot of old dead wood looking out for each other. To keep yo sanity, do not even come here

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Brand Manager

Hi there, thank you for sharing your perspective. We regret to hear that your experience working for our company as Project Manager so far has not been a positive one. We hope that we can encourage you to talk to your HR representative regarding this. Either way, our management monitors the reviews here on Glassdoor as well, so your concerns will be duly noted. We wish you all the best moving forward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 3,281 Reviews