Police Now Reviews

1. COVID-19

"Police WOW!"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am relatively new to the company but from the very first day, actually even throughout the lengthy unfortunate lockdown recruitment process, it was clear that the whole company shared a core understanding and belief in its values, vision and mission. There is an active and genuine desire to really make a difference. In fact, there is structure in place to empower its employees to make a REAL difference in both their work life and personal life. The whole team is collaborative and open to different opinion. The company works tirelessly to break barriers and change the status quo, its work on diversity and inclusion is brilliant. I am proud of what I do, and especially who I work for.

Cons

I am unable to find any yet...?

Continue reading
  2. "An exciting, forward-thinking and inspirational place to work"

Current Employee - Head of Curriculum in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time

Pros

Police Now is the first place I’ve worked where I feel like I can make a genuine difference. Our mission is always at the heart of what we do and the PNHQ team are all aligned to this, which brings a real sense of potential to our day to day work. The team are excellent - dedicated, resourceful and so supportive. People are respected for who they are and treated as professionals and individuals. The work is fast paced, the days are sometimes long and the expectations are high, but I feel it’s a genuine privilege to work for Police Now and do the work I do. I would recommend anyone who’s looking for a challenge to come and work for us.

Cons

It’s a fast moving environment where change is common. If you like this kind of workplace then you’ll love Police Now, but that isn’t for everyone.

3. "Mission Driven Organisation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Strong values - Development opportunities - Inspiring SLT - Passionate team - Supportive HR Team

Cons

Sometimes the organisation can be fast paced but there is always support during this time

Continue reading
  4. "A Place for making a difference"

Current Employee - Anonymous in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunity to make a real impact on policing and police officers on the frontline; it’s exciting

Cons

We’ve not always been as bold and leading in the policing sector as we could be, it’s good to see us stepping up and understanding our place in being the change we want to see

5. COVID-19

"Great company for culture and opportunities"

I have been working at Police Now full-time

Pros

Amazing culture and people, every day I feel inspired by my team members. Great flexibility and response to covid-19 Exciting to be involved in a company that's continuing to grow

Cons

Nowhere is perfect, there are always things that can be improved. Growth and progress has been amazing, but I think we still need to streamline some of our processes to make sure we can fully reach our potential.

Continue reading
  6. "Great charity to work for"

Current Employee - Assistant Operations Manager

I have been working at Police Now full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work flexibility. Good people on the office.

Cons

Poor focus on development. Most efforts are focused towards business change.

7. "A mission focused organisation with excellent development opportunities"

Current Employee - Head of Strategy and Insights in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Mission driven - Excellent HR team - Ambition - Development opportunities - Freedom for creativity and innovation in role - Strong culture and values

Cons

- It's hard work and fast-paced but the rewards for this are fantastic, particularly in terms of professional development and the opportunity to make a positive difference to society

Continue reading
  8. "Inclusive, mission driven organisation"

Current Employee - Head of Finance and IT in London, England

I have been working at Police Now full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very clear mission that everyone in the organisation genuinely pulls together to achieve. The culture is one of being inclusive and supporting each other to achieve a common goal. Despite being a charity, there is a very entrepreneurial atmosphere.

Cons

The fast paced nature means that there can be moments of high pressure

9. "So much potential..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Police Now full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Generally young, passionate and committed staff group - Reasonably nice office, and flexible/remote working is very normal. - Overall mission is superb, generally well understood by all, and makes a real difference.

Cons

- Salaries for lower grades are really poor, so attract inexperienced people. In a small organisation, that makes a big difference to how effective it is. - ENORMOUS gulf in experience/skills/capability of senior management (largely skewed to the lower end) makes for small “islands” of talent and productivity, dwarfing low performing teams.

10. "NA"

Current Employee - N/A

I have been working at Police Now full-time

Pros

Great people, innovating and cutting edge, whole organisation team meetings, mission driven

Cons

Needs to take better care of employees, long working hours, TOIL not always given

Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 English Reviews