Powell Tate Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Powell Tate Reviews

Updated May 9, 2019

3.8
Powell Tate CEO Pam Jenkins (no image)
Pam Jenkins
  1. "Great Clients, Bland Culture"

Former Intern - Public Affairs Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Powell Tate for less than a year

Pros

-amazing clients -awesome manager -my team won win week -attentive HR team

Cons

-obvious lack of diversity in company -VPs can be a bit biased and give preferential treatment in accounts -lack of flexibility in choice of account to work on -competitive atmosphere

Advice to Management

Bring more diversity to the firm PLEASE Beer on Thursdays won't hide the fact that some of these accounts are kind of useless

Powell Tate2019-05-09
  2. "Internship - Great Resume Builder, Intense Culture"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Powell Tate

Pros

This looks amazing on your resume, and you're exposed to top-knoth clients. The most senior-level staff members are incredibly talented, and you should strive to get to know them. You'll learned a ton, and you'll rarely be board. The firm does pay interns, but regular staff compensation is on the lower end.

Cons

The culture here is intense. No one actually takes a lunch break. Communication is not always great between staff members because things are so fast-paced. Seniority is engrained even amongst the lowest levels. If you want a solid job offer, you need to go above and beyond. Also, if there's already a junior staff member on your account, that's not great for your prospects. You need to become essential to an... account if you want to stick around. Job offers are not as common as you may be led to believe.

Advice to Management

Reform company culture to be more supportive. Also, the fast-paced culture can sometimes be detrimental to the quality of the work that is produced.

Powell Tate2018-05-05
  3. "Best Internship Experience--by far!"

Current Intern - Digital Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Powell Tate

Pros

-amazing company culture -ability to work across multiple teams -always busy, always working directly on client work -the intern work is equivalent of an AAE or AE -if you have a specific interest, employees will work to ensure you get exposed to it (i.e. analytics)

Cons

-for those trying to get hired, you won't know until the very very end of your internship, which is quite stressful (however, they do emphasize that if they are hiring, they are going to choose someone they've invested more in the company than an outsider)

Advice to Management

-make sure the work interns are doing grows to maximize their invaluableness to the team

Powell Tate2017-09-20

"Intern"

I worked at Powell Tate part-time

Pros

I loved working with my fellow interns and those that worked full-time . I also loved the intern project. I learned a lot about a campaign from start to finish.

Cons

Work flow was pretty up and down and work-life balance was hard -- even as an intern. My friends that work there now are also not compensated that well.

Powell Tate2017-10-02
  5. "Fantastic"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Powell Tate

Pros

great atmosphere and boss. good mobility and opportunities

Cons

none that i can think of

Powell Tate2017-04-20
  6. "SVP"

I worked at Powell Tate full-time

Pros

Great firm with lots of really smart people. Tremendous opportunities learn and grow cutting edge skills. The diversity of the work also allows you to try several different things.

Cons

Long term projects can make folks feel stuck

Advice to Management

Offer more opportunities for working across practice areas.

Powell Tate2017-03-28

"A mixed bag, crap shoot, hot or miss experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Powell Tate full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazingly talented and diversely qualified group of people, clients which include some of the most recognizable brands on earth, and a global network of resources and individuals that blow our competition out of the water.

Cons

Clients and teams are really a crap shoot. A good manager and some interesting accounts can really make a world of difference, but unfortunately senior management doesn't have time to make sure mid-level and junior staff is being trained or supported. As a result, many can expect long hours, low pay, and little recognition for the privilege of working for and among "the best."

Advice to Management

Junior staff deserves a voice. We are professional comms folks and we don't follow the advice we give our clients. Survey the staff, listen to what they have to say, and make them feel heard.

Powell Tate2016-11-13
  8. "Good opportunity"

I worked at Powell Tate

Pros

Opportunity to work with multiple teams on multiple accounts. The office's energy was positive and ideal for completing work.

Cons

There seemed to be a lack of direction at the Director level within the organization. There also seemed to be tension in the office between different members.

Powell Tate2016-06-15
  9. "A great starting place for interns"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Powell Tate

Pros

A lot of opportunity to learn about different parts of the PR process, work with different clients, and it was paid! Also got the opportunity to visit Capitol Hill and a couple museums during work hours!

Cons

There wasn't as much to do during the summer months, as compared to other times of the year. Also, some of the work was basic, but that's part of the job of being an intern.

Advice to Management

Continue to get the interns involved as much as possible! Continue to expose interns to as much variety in work projects and client types as possible.

Powell Tate2016-04-22

"Senior Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at Powell Tate full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a great place for creative people. Leadership there has actively created a positive work culture that I have not found in other offices in D.C. Hard work is rewarded.

Cons

It can be easy to become overwhelmed, especially if you're on too many accounts. Can be difficult to leave an account you don't like.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing.

Powell Tate2016-03-25