Proact Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Proact Reviews

Updated 7 Nov 2019

3.2
Proact CEO  Jonas Hasselberg (no image)
Jonas Hasselberg
Pros
  • "Great place to work, fantastic colleagues that always back you up(in 7 reviews)

• "Management appreciate hard work(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sales team has halved over past 3 years and several long term high achievers have left(in 4 reviews)

• "The UK senior management are not supportive and the company is going backwards quite quickly(in 3 reviews)

1. "A forward thinking employer with people at the heart of their business"

Current Employee - Bid and Framework Manager in Chesterfield, England

I have been working at Proact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Within my first few months I have noticed that there is a distinct priority in ensuring people are placed at the heart of the business. From the outset there is a clear onboarding process which ensures you are in good fettle for the future. Everyone is extremely helpful and has been supportive of new processes as this is a brand new role. The values are embedded within the business which is something I find... important and is intrinsic to our customer service.

Cons

There are still important changes happening which can be difficult to adapt to if you're a long-standing employee. However, as someone relatively new I am excited to see those changes occur.

Advice to Management

Continue to look forward and drive the new changes.

Proact2019-06-25

"Immorality As A Service"

Former Employee - Technical Support Consultant in Glasgow, Scotland
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Proact full-time for more than a year

Pros

entry level position into the industry good office environment good co-workers

Cons

Horrendous shift patterns. 4 on 4 off with a rotational night shift - needs no further explanation, the NHS stopped shift patterns like this for a reason. Inadequate office space to facilitate 24/7 shift patterns, hope you enjoy burning bright lights that can only be compared to that of the surface of the sun. unrealistic KPI's created to keep you looking for something to do even if it is a relevantly quiet... day (which does happen fairly often) upon starting at Proact you will be promised the world with a plethora of social events and opportunities at your finger tips. unfortunately for anyone working in the Glasgow as none of this applies to you. Career progression - you could be waiting a very long time for the opportunity to progress as this only becomes available when a senior position is vacated. You will be worked to the bone for a well below average market rate for every role and no thanks for effort or acknowledgement of a job well done. Glasgow office, although the location of the largest concentration of technical specialists - receive little to no recognition for their efforts across the company. HR Team - void of empathy procedural robots who show no emotion, hopefully you never end up sick for any reason as you'll have a battle on your hands to simply get the money you are entitled to, no interest in your current state of affairs, living situation etc. even if they've managed to make a mistake in your pay, you better believe that it's you that will be left short. Don't waste your breath complaining about any of these issues it'll only mark a target on your back. avoid at all costs unless in dire need of employment - ignore the rest of the positive posts on here as they're blatantly obvious fake posts created by senior management.

Advice to Management

Majority of management are aware of the glaring problems with the current business model, shift patterns etc. but their hands are tied because of the senior management being completely fine with a high turn over of staff, low employee satisfaction... as long as the profits are going up!

Proact2019-11-07

"Average"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I have been working at Proact full-time

Pros

Good technology based company to learn

Cons

Bad management, they don't listen

Proact2019-07-24

"Not a place I'd recommend"

Former Employee - Account Director in Chesterfield, England

I worked at Proact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company has lots of experience and is good at selling NetApp

Cons

The UK business is falling behind our competitors really quickly, we have no clear strategy and are now struggling to add value to our customers. This is why people are leaving fast. It's a really hard place to recommend just because the senior leadership do not listen and just focus on cutting costs and issuing KPI's that are impossible to meet. The UK MD is probably not the right person to lead the business as... he will not meet customers It used to be fun as we were really seen as thought leaders, nowadays it's just about making as much money as we can from reselling hardware. There is little point escalating issues as they are not listened to (despite HR promises) and the people in the company have lost faith in the leadership.

Advice to Management

Replace the middle and senior management and focus on delivering value in new areas. You cannot cut costs to the bone and deliver growth. Recent publicly issued results show that our strategy is failing fast and that we are losing market share

Proact2019-07-29
  5. "I Have only been with Proact for 3 weeks."

Current Employee - Booking Clerk in Chesterfield, England

I have been working at Proact full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good People, Good Pension Scheme, The use of company mobile and laptop, Good Holiday, Proact Point System.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Advice to Management

The Management Team have made me feel so welcome in my first three weeks at Proact, They have been so welcoming and helpful with everything.

Proact2019-06-20
  6. "Lovely place to work"

Current Employee - Front Office Administrator in London, England

I have been working at Proact full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Culture, the people, supportive HR and management team, my hours, benefits and opportunities to further my skill set

Cons

None to be honest, my experience has been very positive

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Proact2019-06-19

"Going backwards, no leadership, no strategy."

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Proact

Pros

Flexible locations to work Established salesforce process

Cons

Commission structure - confusing and consistently there to penalise sales earnings Marketing - none existent Processes - too lengthy and complicated Management - travel first class, meet in swanky locations. No knowledge of customers. No strategy. Useless Leadership - non existent Training - no chance Culture - disappeared

Advice to Management

Change it.

Proact2019-07-11

"Used to be fun but not any longer"

Current Employee - Procurement in Chesterfield, England

I have been working at Proact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good health benefits but that's about it

Cons

The atmosphere is terrible in the Chesterfield office where I work and nearly everyone is thinking of leaving. We get nearly no training or support and just get blamed for every mistake made by the sales people. Bonuses disappeared a long time ago and it's not a happy place any more. The pressure on the support teams is huge and there is a general fear culture coming right from the top. Don't join if you... want to have a fun working environment.

Advice to Management

Please change the senior management, you are dragging us down and ruining what used to be a great company to work for. I know HR and senior management should work together closely but you've taken it too far for most staff

Proact2019-06-28

"High turnover, Poor mid management, changing culture without engagement"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Proact full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Occasional social events but those are dwindling. Decent healthcare benefits scheme and slowly deploying HR system for managing everything from holidays to expenses. Offices have had a make over and the London office is impressive but rarely full as some many staff have left. Starting to focus on services that can be delivered rather than launching new ones.

Cons

Bringing in staff from outside the industry (as experienced people won’t accept jobs) on high basics and titles higher than their capability which is upsetting long term staff. Salesforce is king, expect to hear “is it in Salesforce””why haven’t you updated Salesforce since yesterday” and yet management insist on extra excel spreadsheets for more updates. Commission scheme gets more complicated every year (to... screw you over) and decreases earnings. Another term to get used to PBiT.........it’s the entire focus. management travel open first class yet underlings are scrutinised over every expense. Expect multiple internal meetings reviewing performance and “drains up” Witch hunts at a moments notice put into diary. Sales team has halved over past 3 years and several long term high achievers have left.

Advice to Management

Listen to experienced staff, stop filling time with reporting and let the sales team sell. Enable rather than hinder.

Proact2019-06-04

"A changing company and not for the better"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager in Chesterfield, England

I worked at Proact full-time

Pros

There's a lot of skilled people in the organization, mostly on the ServiceDesk. They are quite overworked but good at the old technologies that Proact can support.

Cons

As a sales person it is not a good experience any more. The commission scheme makes it hard to make any money and there is little support from above. The senior leadership do not like to listen and are unable to help with customers as they don't understand the new world of IT and don't like meeting people. There's a feeling of doom around the business with the MD not exactly helping to make anyone enjoy their... work There has been a lot of change in personnel over the last year or so, with more than half of the sales team leaving with large numbers of the presales doing the same. The UK senior management are not supportive and the company is going backwards quite quickly. It is not a great place to be as a sales person as you are on your own and marketing contributes not very much

Advice to Management

Start listening to your people and stop promoting people based on whos been there the longest. A shake up in senior management is needed ASAP, if you don't the slide backwards will get even worse

Proact2019-06-20