Razorfish Health Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 15 January 2019

2.8
David Paragamian

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work/life balance, at least in my department (Analytics)" (in 4 reviews)

• "Lots of great people, potential to be something great" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance is extreme among the teams" (in 3 reviews)

• "The buzzwords the agency senior leadership promotes, innovation and digital, are smoke and mirrors" (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A lot of good things happening"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

A lot of new business coming in. It's great being a part of the Publicis Health network, too - they really care about professional growth and career development opportunities.

Cons

None I can think of - keep it up!

11 Jun 2018 – Managing Director

Thanks for the post and the shout out to the string of new business. In fact, the 4 pitch wins in a row last month was truly unprecedented. it will require us to stay nimble, enroll everyone in the... More

2. "Good place but has it's pitfalls"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone is a hard worker and the culture is all about getting results.

Cons

Lot of turnover, but that's advertising for you. I never received a review and constantly asked up until I resigned. Very busy workload with expectations to either learn-as-you-go or take free time to learn what you need.

Advice to Management

Give your employees the reviews they deserve and hold managers accountable when they do not, promote good talent, encourage an environment of transparency and open communication.

"Lost opportunity to be great"

Pros

There are some very talented and nice people here.

Flexible work schedule.

Cons

Those same hard working people seem to get taken advantage of. The buzzwords the agency senior leadership promotes, innovation and digital, are smoke and mirrors. Senior leadership seems to only support accounts by the dollar amount and not the length of relationship and amount of work. Those doing the daily ins and outs of medium or smaller accounts are all but ignored by senior leadership. It’s creating a toxic environment and stifling creativity. There’s so much talk about vision but absolutely no action.

Higher performing employees seem to be expected to pick up the slack on lower performing employees. There is no accountability from managers. In addition, there is lack of transparency on growth opportunities and next steps for your career at the agency.

Advice to Management

Get to know your long standing, smaller clients. Stop talking about being innovative and reinventing and actually do it. The agency has been “reinventing” for over a year since the merger and its exhausting to work with no clear vision.

"Toxic Culture"

Former Employee - Account in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Account in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you work on the company’s largest account, you have the opportunity to touch many projects, gain experience, and build network with large pharma company. You also have the opportunity to advance positions due to high turnover.

Cons

This is without a doubt, the most toxic work environment I have ever experienced. The success/financial stability lies in the health of one account. If you work on this account (particularly in PM or account), you are a slave. You are treated as nothing more than a workhorse, even though you are responsible for maintaining the company’s most important piece of business. There is absolutely no leadership, no expertise, no support, or transparency. Turnover is constant. Leadership only cares about nonsense politics and is solely focused on pitching, though they lose 90% of pitches they participate in. This company is bound for massive failure.

Advice to Management

Care about the people who are there day in and day out, shouldering the biggest burden of the work. Invest in your big clients — it is so clear, internally and externally, that once an SOW is signed, leadership could care less what happens next. You lose your smartest, most talented people because you reward only those willing to play toxic games and who refuse to put their head down and work.

"Good potential, a bit lost"

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time

Pros

Lots of great people, potential to be something great

Cons

Disengaged people. Lots of hours with little reward. Decisions being made without understanding impact on specific pieces of business or support in determining how to bring pieces of business along with agency/network demands.

Advice to Management

Take care of the talent you have

"Poorly managed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Free coffee. Ready to hire inexperienced staff, retain some employees for decades.

Cons

Lack of ethics in multiple areas from negative treatment of employees to mismanagement of clients, billing disparities, poor direction from leadership, and instability.

Advice to Management

The company needs to develop a sense of direction, a bigger picture of what matters, and an internal compass of accountability and responsibility to clients and people.

"NYC office: very nice people"

Pros

French vacay: 15 days vacay + 9 personal days + unlimited sick days + “prelude” day prior to every single public holiday. (But no summer Fridays or Xmas/New Year off).
    Working from home ok.
    Chill, respectful & supportive ambience even when full throttle mid pitch
    Fantastic new creative director

Cons

French payrises: few and far between, a manager needs to go into to bat hard for you
    Process needs some further tightening and enforcing.

Advice to Management

Let the process guru do his nut agency-wide - consistent & clear process helps avoid mistakes & churn. Other than that, a very nice place to work with potential to do great creative under the new guy

"Designer"

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many company events
    Good work life balance

Cons

Hostile Work Environment
    Bad Management
    Company does not have a sense of direction

26 Jul 2018 – Managing Director

I am sorry that in your brief stay you had a negative experience. I am proud of this agency, our leadership team, and the string of new business wins we have accomplished this year. Your note on... More

"Poor leadership & bad clients"

Former Employee - Creative in Philadelphia, PA (US)
    Former Employee - Creative in Philadelphia, PA (US)

I worked at Razorfish Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits were decent. Good location in center city Philadelphia.

Cons

Poor leadership across account, PM, and creative. Internal processes are a mess. The work created at Razorfish does not meet industry standards of quality and they don't do enough to change it. This is one reason they don't win new business. They have lost more clients than they have gained in the last few years.

Advice to Management

Management is out of touch with people doing the work. A clear disconnect that hurts the quality of work

26 Jul 2018 – Managing Director

I am sorry you had such a negative experience during your time at razorfish health. As an agency we have gone thru a major transformation over the past 2 years with the integration of Discovery USA... More

"Designer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Razorfish Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely love it here! No matter your level or status in the company, everyone’s thoughts and opinions are encouraged when brainstorming and collaborating. The culture and atmosphere that has been established is so positive and constructive, really feel like I’m appreciated and valued!

Cons

I can’t think of any cons.

11 Jun 2018 – Managing Director

We are glad to hear that you are off to such a good start and such a good experience here at Razorfish Health. I hope you are feeling the rush that is part of watching this agency grow so... More