Reddam House Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Reddam House Reviews

Updated 5 Sep 2018

2.3
  1. "Unreasonable treatment of staff and awful teaching facilities"

I worked at Reddam House part-time

Pros

Students are mostly nice Staff are lovely

Cons

Facilities are dreadful. Classrooms look like classrooms from an impoverished school. Grounds are awful - no grass in sight. Music teaching rooms are the width of an upright piano, approx size (no joke) of a small walk in robe. Some rooms are too small to even fit a piano (!!). Scheduling is a nightmare. Rules and regs are like nothing I've ever seen. Hourly rate is low with parents paying a lot of money for the... COMPULSORY music program while the staff are paid over $15 per hour LESS than what the parents have paid. No pay rise for many years. Groups of young children not adequately supervised (1 teacher for over 60 students for a before school compulsory class) which was very upsetting when not able to care for students properly. Cost saving strategy, but just waiting for something to go terribly wrong. All a money making exercise, not education. This school is merely a business. AVOID.

Advice to Management

Do not build programs without adequate facilities to accommodate. Pay staff in line with current rates (last year was $15 per hour under) Lose the unnecessary rules and regs re scheduling Develop management systems to assist with scheduling Develop a streamlined payment system to get rid of unnecessary and time consuming paperwork. No need to double up on everything with a sign in system, a timesheet and a... weekly schedule! Roll it all up into one thing! Care for students-1 teacher per max 25 students. All before school activities to have adequate staffing, especially if walking children to the hall, along a road (!!) to avoid injury and assist in the event of an ill child.

Reddam House2018-09-05

"Terrible Management"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Reddam House

Pros

Kids are kind and loving.

Cons

Treatment to all staff is not equal, management of school are horrible and on a power trip. This does not achieve anything. Focusing on hierarchy instead of curriculum and results is appalling.

Advice to Management

Learn to treat everyone the same - get down off your high horse and show respect to everyone no matter what they do, where the come from or who they are. I would never ever recommend anyone to go to this school unless you like being treated like a peasant. It's time for you guys to treat everyone equal to better the school.

Reddam House2017-09-07
  3. "Excellent education"

Current Employee - Teacher in Johannesburg

I have been working at Reddam House full-time

Pros

Reddam House offers excellent education where the individual needs of each learner is enriched. Resources are of a high standard and appropriate to each grade. Teachers are passionate and highly qualified.

Cons

None - there are no cons to Reddam House

Advice to Management

As teachers guide and positively nurture children, management continues that ethos with staff.

Reddam House2017-05-26
  4. "Happy teaching at Reddam"

Teacher in Bedfordview

I have been working at Reddam House

Pros

Wonderful caring staff with whom I work. Enjoy my interaction with parents and pupils. Support from management is good.

Cons

Traffic congestion at busy times can be a problem.

Reddam House2017-05-26
  5. "Excellent"

Teacher in Woollahra

I worked at Reddam House for more than 5 years

Pros

Teachers put in 100%. Great results. Students valued most.

Cons

There is no parking on site

Reddam House2017-04-22

"I nearly gave up teaching"

I worked at Reddam House

Pros

The location was great to go shopping at Westfield Bondi Junction.

Cons

I was intimidated and berated by Parents to ensure that their children recieved "top marks". This was often met with follow up from the Hirachy. I almost gave up teaching

Advice to Management

Royal Commission Enquiry

Reddam House2017-01-21

"Corruption at its finest"

I worked at Reddam House for more than 10 years

Pros

The students are kind and are very friendly. The math teachers are very nice and are passionate about teaching highschoolers.

Cons

The higher level teachers are beyond corrupt and have a vindictive agression towards students that they deem to be unprofitable

Advice to Management

All you care about is your retirement fund, one day treating children like currency will comeback and bite you.

Reddam House2016-09-21
  8. "Teachers are underpaid"

in Sydney

I worked at Reddam House for more than a year

Pros

High level of education provided

Cons

Underpaid, long hours and extra work that does not belong to the teacher. No paid holidays as the children have...

Reddam House2016-03-30

"All show no substance"

Former Contractor - Teacher in Sydney

I worked at Reddam House for less than a year

Pros

Good facilities for children Strives for high level of education

Cons

Under pays staff Feels unethical in its dealings - presents like its this wonderful place to families but really feels like all they care about is money Overwork teachers do not pay them for it

Advice to Management

Place feels too business like, all about money and profits, doesn't really care about children families or community. Check that processes in place actually comply with legal policies and procedures. I was hired without a proper interview or reference check.

Reddam House2016-04-15

"Feel like a mercenary"

I have been working at Reddam House

Pros

Students are pushed too hard

Cons

Teachers are pushed too hard

Reddam House2015-12-02