Regus Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

1,184 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work/life balance is good atleast (in 39 reviews)

• Safe work environment and everyone is very close (in 59 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what's going on in the center's because managers lie to them in order to look good (in 83 reviews)

• Hard to provide good customer service when you are stretched so thin (in 47 reviews)

1. "Fast Paced & Entrepreneurial"

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

I sit within Regus Group, alongside some seriously talented people who are passionate, innovative and driven towards Regus' exciting growth plans.

It's an environment where you are encouraged to add value and make a difference. You are not restricted by process or red tape, this business buys in to your commerciality and will challenge you outside your comfort zone!

Cons

I consider it a Pro, but a lot of people would not like the fact it's not the most corporate environment.

It's a results driven culture and you have to embrace change and ambiguity!

If you like a process led and task driven environment then Regus is not the place for you. However, if you have entrepreneurial spirit and a commercial mindset, then it's amazing environment where you will enjoy great exposure to senior people and the opportunity to genuinely make a difference.

Advice to Management

Improve internal communications to both group and operations

"Great to Learn from, not to work for"

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you proactively do it yourself (as there isn't any training) you will learn a lot in this business
    Staff morale is kept up by staff members themselves and great internal relationships but not assisted by head management
    Company Laptop

Cons

Shared Serviced Centre all via a ticketing system
    Too many systems
    Sales are top priority over quality of product and staff
    Emphasis on how their buildings look over how the staff selling or working in them are trained
    Process changes more often than the toilet paper

Advice to Management

My advice to management is think about why your sales are low for 2017. This is not due to the quality of your product. If your staff love the company they work for, are confident in the business, the actions they take, are fully trained, focused, feel valued, they could sell anything; It does not matter if you have the best office space in the UK. If you have inefficient, demotivated staff who don't have a clue IN your buildings, the clients will not come back as they will not care what it looks like. All they want, for example, is for someone to be able to tell them how to be able to pay their invoice or even explain it!
    I would also advise there to be opportunities for staff who have been there longer than 1 year such as salary reviews. Being here more than 5 years the only salary increase I obtained was when I was promoted to management. This may increase staff retention.
    Ticketing systems do not work and is another reason why your customers NPS score is so low. Sometimes being able to pick up the phone and resolve an issue goes a long way. Regardless of cost saving, perhaps review how many credit notes, refunds or fines have been administered due to "errors" made by the shared service centre and you may review whether this has really saved any money.
    I would like to say that there are some great staff in Regus - reference to the "little people" - and my main positive is without those people I would not have learned what I did from Regus. I give none of that positive to the main management as without those "little people" I would not have set myself up with the knowledge I have today. I will always say that about my time here: I learned a lot and will never regret my time because of it.
    Management: look around you at the staff you have before you lose anymore talent or knowledge and give them some recognition!

3. "Entry level job with expectancy of management workload"

Former Employee - Community Associate in London, England
    Former Employee - Community Associate in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My former manager was really nice. Not a lot of good things to say about this company unfortunately.

Cons

The salary is low for the amount of work need to be done. No respect for the employees. Absolutely no benefits in working for this company. For managerial jobs people get paid more than the ones already work in for them.

Advice to Management

Have a better understanding of job description and provide better support for its employees. Stop promoting from outside with people that have no clue about what they have to do and promote from within.

"Nothing to See Here"

Current Employee - Area Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Area Manager in London, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no weekends,no late night shifts

Cons

where do i begin?

no training plans
    no direction
    no leadership
    no bonuses
    no staff
    no motivation
    no listening
    no hr department

Advice to Management

running the centres with not enough staff is killing the business and clients are leaving at their first opportunity

"Customer Service Representative"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stability - salary was never late although HR is non-existant

Cons

Everything else - literally. From people to offices to clients. Worst experience in my life.

Advice to Management

Change management

"Awful company to work for.. AVOID!!!!"

Former Employee - Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Absolutely none, this company is poison from the ground up to the many chiefs at the top! Nothing else to add so wasting characters now!

Cons

Process after process implementation with no internal communications, is it any wonder client retention is at an all time low! If I owned my own company I certainly would NEVER do business with Regus, utterly appalling the way they treat their clients and their staff! God help anyone who buys this company in the near future as the reputation can never be turned around no matter how you brand it or change names!

Advice to Management

Treat your staff the way you like to be treated!!

"Not the best job in the world"

I worked at Regus full-time

Pros

No weekends, struggling to think of anything else

Cons

Staff undervalued
    No real training
    Not the most realistic KPIs
    Playground antics springs to mind sometimes
    Breaks could be better scheduled sometimes

Advice to Management

Value your staff more, without them you cannot function as a business.
    Listen to what employees say without brushing everything off.
    Offer real up-to-date training.

"Rubbish"

Current Employee - General Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - General Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Commission structure which is now taken away.

Cons

Hours, lack if direction, poor senior management. Product does not meet its marketing promise.

"Customer Service Rep"

Pros

Nice offices, coffee machines, laptop, phone etc...

Would say this is pretty much standard but had to think of something...

Cons

Unorganised company, nobody seems to know what they are doing and always seem to be on the back foot. Poor progression for the young staff and poor leadership from the management team

Advice to Management

Promote from within, trust your employees with more responsibilities and they will be more loyal.

Do not make false promises as they always back fire.

"AVOID!!"

Former Employee - Community Manager in Manchester, England
    Former Employee - Community Manager in Manchester, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None! Absolutely none! We ordered ourselves lunches from the catering company (unnoticed) only to make up for the poor treatment we got!

Cons

The management only cares about themselves. CMs and CAs are left to fend for themselves.
    I had 6 managers in 3 years and every single one of them insisted on making changes, so on top of the changes from head office, you get the managers to dictate unnecessary changes which will change again when the next manager comes along.
    Regus tend to like to change the structure regularly -usually at very short notice-so General Managers have become Area Managers who were handling 2 centres then they were given an area covering a few centres, you just see them running around like headless chickens trying to get sales at all cost. This means not being transparent and creating issues for CMs when the new clients move in - and leave. Yes, because CMs pick up the mess that the AMs create by misselling office space. It's impossible to give excellent customer service - it's almost depressing! Some clients leave even before they move in. The T&Cs are very tight so Regus holds clients on a tight rope.
    Management have not got an ounce of leadership and people skills in them, they have no idea how to treat the staff! They don't value the staff whatsoever.
    The facilities company Regus use have such a restricted budget that you get daily complaints about cleaning, which you can do nothing about. And if you ever book a security guard, be prepared to wait for them as they never turn up on time! I know some staff had to wait till 8pm, or the worst one was 9.30pm ,for the security guard to turn up.
    CMs are expected to chase clients for non payment with strict deadlines and, if you don't follow procedure, the management threatens you with disciplinary. In the meantime, you upset clients and your relationship with them becomes strained.
    CMs are expected to deal with all the complaints, the AMs are not interested whatsoever! And complaints are always coming in abundance, which affects the centre's NPS scores (Net Promoter Score).
    CMs are expected to cover other centres so you can end up with double the workload if a CM within your cluster is off. You will be also expected to travel to other centres to cover and don't expect expenses back quickly, they take about 3 to 4 weeks if you're lucky.
    CMs have to put in the hours, but try and claim overtime, and you'll be told you're not working efficiently! CMs are often doing the jobs of 2 people, if not 3 as in previous reviews!
    Pay is rubbish for what you are being asked to do and new recruits get paid the same or more than existing staff, lots of pay inequalities between staff. Hard work is not rewarded so don't bother!
    Holidays are the bare minimum and you can't take time off if others are off.
    Lunch break - good luck if you can get one.
    Bonus - a thing of the past. The bonus structure is now unachievable.
    Oh and make sure you like changes, LOTS of changes!
    I hope I've convinced you not to get a job with Regus! Otherwise, my commiseration for the suffering ahead of you!
    (CM: Community Manager, CA: Community Associate, AM: Area Manager)
    PS Check Regus reviews on trustpilot to see what clients have to say. There is also a website dedicated to Regus called regus-sucks, an ex-client told me about it!!

Advice to Management

Review your management and leadership plan, you're on a sinking ship! You forget the CMs and CAs are the backbone of your company, you only care about sales! You want CMs and CAs to provide the best customer service without giving them the tools!

Showing 1,184 of 1,205 reviews