Regus Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

1,103 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • work/life balance is good atleast (in 39 reviews)

• Safe work environment and everyone is very close (in 56 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management doesn't know what's going on in the center's because managers lie to them in order to look good (in 79 reviews)

• Hard to provide good customer service when you are stretched so thin (in 44 reviews)

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

-Good hours
    - Great people to work with

Cons

- Sometimes staffing levels are low

2. "Employees need more assistance"

Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Chertsey, England
    Former Employee - Senior Customer Service Representative in Chertsey, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was easily accessible by public transport.Very good office space.

Cons

The level of training a little make shift and not well structured.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on employees a little more

"Please someone help us"

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No weekends and no evenings that is all.
    No one cares if you are dead or alive so easy to pretend you care too.

Cons

Please someone from UK Employment Law take a closer look in the centres. No staff, employees can't even get ill because there are no one to cover. Employees can't take their holidays for the same reason. We are alone. Staff in centres are suffering from depression and stress. Someone please audit this company, it is almost slavery and boderline illegal and anti-ecthical. Suprised it was the 10th worst company to work for in the UK. It should be the first.

Advice to Management

Please employ more staff. We are all very stressed and we can't keep the standards anymore. And no one cares anymore either.

5. "Senior developer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chertsey, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good fellow developers testers and BA's

Cons

Cleared down dev team ever 2 year

Advice to Management

Big turn over of dev's, poor pension scheme, long days with no rewards!

"Dreadful"

Current Employee - Area Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Area Manager in London, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

great bunch of colleagues, but all looking elsewhere

Cons

Worst Senior Management I have ever encountered.
    Dictatorial, don't encourage any feedback, don't listen to staff, micro management, lack of trust, no empowerment, total disregard for employees, terrible communication, make terrible decisions for customers, passing the buck, complete blame culture, and of course never endorse any fun !

Advice to Management

LEAVE

7. "Customer Service Representative"

I have been working at Regus full-time

Pros

Amazing management
    Great training
    Flexible working hours
    Always something to do or learn
    Lovely clientele

Cons

Strange requests from clients sometimes

Advice to Management

Update training videos

"One of the worst companies I have worked for with management"

Current Employee - Community Associate
    Current Employee - Community Associate

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hours
    Only work weekdays
    Bank holidays
    Sometimes good colleagues
    Sometimes good systems

Cons

I worked for Regus for over a year and within that year realised how little most managers actually care about their employees.
    My manager would tell me one thing one day and completely change her mind and then blame it on me the next day. Managers only care about their personal progression and don't mind moving you to an entirely different centre even though it isn't agreed in your contract.

I now have to travel 1 hour and 30 minutes to and from work each day because of poor decisions made by management. It costs me over and extra £100 per month in travel and I have had no compensation because of this.

I haven't been trained correctly to do my job and always get told off for not knowing something that I wasn't told.

I wish I could say that this was a one of occurrence just for me, but everyone within my cluster is looking at getting a new job because of the stress that comes with this one. We are pushed to the limit as it is and understaffed again because of poor management decisions. We are at the point where if one person goes on the sick then we have a centre with no cover.

This seems to be the case all across the country as Manchester is also highly understaffed!

I am happy to say that I have handed in my notice and I would not recommend anyone to work for Regus.

Advice to Management

Start valuing your employees. Don't treat them like rubbish and swear at them. Don't penalise them for doing more than what their actual job is. Think more than just your own personal development, a good leader develops leaders.

"Project Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None really. It's not a good place to work.

Cons

Revolving door of managers that start optimistic that get overworked and unable to actual achieve anything.

"Used to be great"

I worked at Regus full-time

Pros

These pros are based on my employment as regus between 2007 and 2010

When I first worked there for the first year every centre had a large team of staff (2 managers, a supervisor and 2 or 3 receptionists)
    Good mix of people
    Bonus scheme
    Opportunity to apply for promotions

Cons

These cons are based on my employment as regus between 2007 and 2010

High turnover of staff
    Poor upper management support
    No back up
    Staff often left to lone work and were told they could not leave desks for comfort oŕ lunch breaks
    Receptionists often had to do the cleaning too
    Awful tech support

Advice to Management

Get involved. Listen to your front line staff. Don't oversell! Stop selling car parking spaces if there are none left!!

"Dodgy Sales Practices / Poor Comms / Weak Management"

Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Birmingham, England
    Former Employee - AREA SALES MANAGER in Birmingham, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It creates great opportunities for networking.....that thankfully allow lots of opportunities for finding better opportunities than Regus can offer.

Cons

Having to lie to customers. Using misleading sales tactics to dupe customers. Trying to sell internet connections at £75 per head per month (outrageous!) and a plethora of outspoken but poorly skilled management.

Advice to Management

Offer better solutions to market before you become redundant. If you are complacent like the hoteliers were about how services like AirBnb will demolish your market share then I suggest you may be in for a nasty surprise (full disclosure - I now run an app dev company). I would also suggest that you knock the dodgy sales practices and misleading offers to customers on the head. Senior management should realise that retaining customers is always more profitable than seeking new ones. For example you run an offer stating "3 months free office space" which isn't strictly true when you just smear the same cost over fewer months and don't charge the first three. It also makes you lose customers when you try to renew at an uplift of this increased rate AND they lose the three months. Don't get me wrong, I get it. You figure they are tied in, their business is now located here and it's painful to move. But do you want to keep customers by force or because you have them over a barrel? This is exactly why when disruption hits this space you will be in the crosshairs. Modern business is different, stop playing games with clients, they are getting smarter than you think. For what it's worth, I also found this to be one of the most depressing jobs I have ever worked in. My advice to potential employees? Don't join Regus, it's where happiness goes to die.

Showing 1,103 of 1,121 reviews