Regus Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Regus Chief Executive and Director Mark Dixon
Mark Dixon

1,306 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a clear work/life balance" (in 44 reviews)

• "It is a stimulating, fast-paced work environment, with a lot to learn and endless possibilities" (in 64 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management is stuck on their own ways to do things" (in 88 reviews)

• "Rules often create barriers to providing great customer service" (in 53 reviews)

"Great Opportunities, Career Development and Support"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Brighton, England
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Brighton, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a stimulating, fast-paced work environment, with a lot to learn and endless possibilities. Talent is recognised and there are many ways to progress in your career. The co-workers are great, always happy to help and provide guidance for new starters, however there is also an internal training portal accessible 24/7.

The working ours are normal office hours, and there are huge employment benefits with leading shops and companies in the UK, from travel to shopping.

The senior management is approachable, and provides all support needed to achieve all targets.

Cons

The workload can seem big to start with, however it is more than manageable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the outstanding work and development.

Regus Response

2 May 2018 – Head of HR

Wow - what a great review!
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
    It is always a pleasure to read such great reviews from employees who are enjoying their jobs.

Keep up the good... More

"When they don't renew your probation ONE day before it ends.."

Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Associate Community Manager in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Best community manager I've ever worked with. Very open with requests and helping you all day long.

Cons

- Salary is ridicoulus for the amount of work and hours you make.
    - No training provided; as well said by other former employees, no training has been provided to me but I was lucky to have such a good team to help me to learn all the basis.
    - No bonus given at all although you make lots of effort to give clients the best experience possible.

Advice to Management

Make sure people in your company who has big power are actually sane. I've been fired by one of the your guys who's on top of the Area Managers just one day before my probation period was due. He did actually on purpose and, even though my community manager begged him to keep me stating I'm one of their best employee, he didn't blink and made them to do the bad job of telling me I was fired.
    All of this happened only because he saw me in a rush while my colleague was on break and I was alone at reception. It's bad for the image of the company firing people like that without even a warning, plus I don't think I've done anything wrong as all the customers of the centre I worked LOVED ME and we had a really good relationship. It was really bad to have to leave straight away. Will not recommend anyone to work for Regus.

3. "Community Manager"

I worked at Regus full-time

Pros

- Give you great experience

Cons

- Induction had been given 3 months after starting
    - Training was appalling: some days no training was given just watching another CM run around managing the place with hardly no explanation or time to write down notes. It was always interrupted and wasn't clear.
    - Not enough support
    - Job is threatened on regular basis
    - Sometimes you do not have lunch as there is no cover
    - CM meetings usually out of office hours or in office hours but will over run
    - H&S is questionable for example the last Fire Risk Assessment was done years ago

Advice to Management

Need to introduce more roles and support to run a center for example:

- Facilities: Help with moves and IT
    - Receptionist (Front of House)
    - Centre Manager to focus on clients and not trying to also manage reception
    - Cleaners
    - Security for stand alone centres or SIA training for staff

One to one training off site is a must and not whilst working

4. "Regus is not for fairies!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Birmingham, England
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very challenging role, lots to get your teeth into. No 2 days are ever the same. Any role within Regus is a challenge but in a good way. working for Regus is NOT for people who want to sit at a desk all day. If you want a demanding challenging role it is the role for you. Work hard and you will be recognised.

Cons

Answers from billing/accounts are slow, pay could be better for the work you do

5. "Good team but need better management"

Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Former Employee - Billing Coordinator in Belfast, Northern Ireland

I worked at Regus part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team was friendly and the work was varied. I enjoyed the contact with the operation managers of the various sites I looked after the billing for. I was able to get flexible working hours to fit around my family commitments.

Cons

The management changed their mind about processes often which made it difficult to have consistency and offer good customer service. The environment was quite stressful around billing time. The office site was changed and there was no car parking available at the new site.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on the departments structure and processes before bringing in a new team who are relying on your guidance.

"Community Manager"

Current Employee - CMA in London, England
    Current Employee - CMA in London, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good working environment, decent salary, direct relationship with your costumers

Cons

Poor training, many hours of working/ no over time payment, understaffed centre policy

"Awful Company. Threatended with your job daily!"

Current Employee - Community Manager in Reigate, England
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Reigate, England

I have been working at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much! Working hours are fine.

Cons

Middle management have no customer service or people management skills. If you dont understand something, or need any sort of help or support, they dont want to know. Threaten you with the sack on a daily basis, and management teams will only show their face at your site when it suits them. Could (and happily would) name names as well!!

Advice to Management

Improve! Dont use the bully tactic to get things done. A large majority of staff members work out of fear! Not good! Talking about the South East of UK

"Dont leave your job to come here!!! Worst company i have ever worked for."

Current Employee - Community Manager
    Current Employee - Community Manager

Pros

None whatsoever awful place to work

Cons

Sold the role by recruitment company and the reality is that it is nothing like it. Training for new starters is shocking . There is zero support. Area managers are too busy to get back to you . You have to rely on your peers at other centres to help. You are chucked in to a centre and left to deal with everything. In order to get anything done you have to follow a useless process and most times it gets rejected. Customer service is shocking. The team on the floor do their best but are constricted by company policies. The CEO needs to pull his finger out and think about his employees. If you have a family then dont even think about working here, you will never see them!! Holiday is minimum 20 days and no sick pay.

Advice to Management

Look after and support your staff a bit better. Happy staff = happy customer. Staff are not slaves. Make them believe in the brand.

"By far the worst company I have ever worked for"

I worked at Regus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My colleagues were great and most of the members were also lovely so was good for expanding my network. Got 50% off food which was a really good perk!

Cons

Where do I start...??

1) The job was missold to me. I was expecting to do 80% dealing with members about business growth, networking and supporting them in their day to day and 20% running the centre, but spent 90% on facilities/building management/dealing with suppliers and dealing with complaints and 10% on engaging with members in an enjoyable and meaningful way.
    2) During the interview I was told the staff to member ratio would be one Community Associate for every 100 members. Our centre had more than 700 members so was expecting to have up to 7 CA's, but only had two and was told a few times by our Area Operations Manager that I am lucky to have two as all other centres only have one.
    3) The level of training I received for what I was expected to do in the role was SHOCKING! I learned almost nothing from time spent in other centres as most of the other Community Managers also didn't have a clue as they had not been trained properly either and would all complain about how awful the company is. The ROLA online training system is also useless... teaches you nothing and is so childish and patronising!
    4) I was not given a proper handover before the centre opened which would have been useful considering the size of the building and that you are expected to perform many janitorial/caretaker/building maintenance duties in this role. This meant that when we had any issues with the building it took ages to figure out where we had to look and what to do.
    5) My role was changed after 2 months without any consultation or discussion by management, was just told by a colleague that our roles were changing and the Area Director would be meeting with me to discuss it... needless to say the meeting never happened!
    6) The systems are soooo complicated and the processes and procedures soooo tedious and time consuming... you waste so much time raising tickets or trying to find information on the intranet which is completely useless!
    7) All other departments (IT, Finance, HR etc) are based in other countries in different time zones... you cannot pick up the phone and speak to anyone, you have to raise tickets for EVERYTHING! Takes months to sort out something simple that would otherwise be sorted out in a couple of days. Very frustrating and extremely stressful!
    8) You are expected to pay for some things for the centre with your own money and then get reimbursed (however not always in a timely manner!). Just before Christmas we were sent a detailed brief about how the centre should be decorated for the festive season and a list of suppliers where we should purchase all items from... would have cost more than £900 just for baubles and lights for the tree which I was expected to pay for and then claim back! Managed to get much the same from eBay for £90 which I begrudgingly paid for and then claimed back.
    9) Some of the senior management team were not very approachable and leave you to sink or swim (or resign... which I did as soon as I was offered another job!)
    10) The environment is extremely challenging... constant interruptions throughout the day by members needing help... multiple deliveries throughout the day either by postman, couriers or suppliers... walk-ins... things going wrong with the centre... I can't remember the last time I was able to take a proper lunch break!
    11) The centre was like Fawlty Towers... lifts breaking down all the time... front door breaking down even more than the lifts... water outages... electricity outages... wifi outages... leaks... floors cracking... air extraction units and air-conditioning units not working properly... blocked toilets... the list goes on and on...
    12) The cleaning contractor (Aramark) was TERRIBLE! We would get so many complaints about the cleaning (or lack thereof!). We were instructed to walk around the centre every hour to clean up kitchens, pack dishwashers, check toilets etc... and that it was advisable to walk around with a wet cloth in your pocket so you could wipe any scuffs or dirty marks to keep the centre clean.
    13) We had signs around the centre asking members to tidy up after themselves and pack dirty dishes in the dishwashers etc, but these were largely ignored and the kitchens would become a dumping ground for dirty cutlery and crockery. You can certainly add "cleaner" to your CV after working here!
    14) In an huge organisation like this you are viewed as a mere number and totally dispensable... I resigned and was not even asked "why?" or "what happened?" by my line manager, just that my resignation would be processed and I would get my P45 n the post etc. Zero people skills and only thinking of processes and procedures... like robots.

Advice to Management

Invest in better and more effective training. I have never felt so incompetent in a role! Far too much of what you actually experience in this role (and are expected to know) is not covered in the training.
    Get a new cleaning contractor!
    Spend more time in the centres so you can see what the CM's and CA's have to deal with daily.
    You are very focussed on member retention... you should consider doing something about staff retention.

"Manager"

Former Employee - Area Manager in London, England
    Former Employee - Area Manager in London, England

I worked at Regus full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Centre teams are brilliant, hard working, thick skinned people. Most clients are kind and generous. Pay at Area Manager level is good.

Cons

Company constantly changing goal posts, company hides behind contracts and allows email only contact. Centres need investment.
    I could go on, simply look at feedback from centres.

Advice to Management

As a service provider - you must ensure your services are fit for purpose and you have to be able to stand behind you product. Neither is currently true.

Showing 1,306 of 1,328 reviews