Rentokil Initial Reviews

Updated 12 Aug 2020

4.1
Pros
  • "I joined Rentokil Pest Control as a Surveyor in February 2016(in 40 reviews)

• "Senior management will take the time to help your personal development(in 27 reviews)

Cons
  • "No cons cause here is good place to work with good staff and environment(in 24 reviews)

• "Hard to find a work/life balance(in 19 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Current Employee - Driver in Leeds, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time

Pros

Overtime Fuel card Company van

Cons

Working alone all the time

2. "Good"

4.0
    Current Employee - Science Graduate

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time

Pros

Good place for graduate to work

Cons

Long commute time for me

August 12, 2020Regional Employer Brand Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share and rate your work experience at Rentokil Initial. I am glad that you have found the RI environment a positive one. Whilst we may not be able to help with commute time, if you are working in our Back office, there are Flexible Work Arrangement possibilities which may help enhance your work productivity and provide some support. Do speak to your manager or if you prefer, to your friendly HR team for more information.

3. "Ok"

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Blackwater, Hampshire, South East England, England

I worked at Rentokil Initial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid for professional study training Sociable work environment Easy to discuss any work issues without fear of being criticised Internal promotions are available

Cons

A struggle to see paths to progression Poor salary

4. "fefe"

Former Employee - Pest Control Technician in London, England

I worked at Rentokil Initial full-time for less than a year

Pros

great team had lots of fun

Cons

none that i have noticed

July 6, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time leave us a review and glad you enjoyed working within your team

"Definitely not the experts in Pest Control"

1.0
    Former Employee - Technician in Bristol, England

I worked at Rentokil Initial full-time

Pros

Provide good PPE and any equipment you may ask for.

Cons

Rentokil Pest Control claim to be 'the experts in pest control' however they are a bunch of cowboys. Infact- I can guarantee that most five star reviews on here are fake- as they also pay their technicians/staff to get fake five star reviews on trust pilot and google etc. Nobody wants to do a proper job or honest days work. The management are lazy, two-faced and do not want the best for you. They will make you look bad just to make themselves look better. There is no work life balance. You are automatically assumed to work overtime. The pay is the lowest in the industry. I didn't realise how miserable the branch was making until I left. I think there are many unhappy people who work for them as most employees will spend most of their time complaining about the company. The also have a very high turnover of staff which says it all really. I don't recommend working for these at all. If you like pest control then definitely chose a different company who will look after you better.

"Rushed and unsupported"

1.0
    Former Employee - Pest Control Technician
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Rentokil Initial full-time

Pros

Going to different sites and meeting new people.

Cons

Unsupportive management Rushed training Lots of inner fighting amongst the team

Continue reading

"Nice place, nice people, just not a viable career"

2.0
    Current Employee - Assistant in London, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Friendly people, both in the office and in the wider teams - Rather flexible working - Lots of sideways career progression - Decent rewards platform

Cons

- Salary and career progression. As much as I like the company and the people here, I'm being paid the lowest end of the market average for the job I'm doing. I've been working here for over a year and there's currently nowhere for me to go in order to move up and/or earn more. The sales team seem to have loads of ways to make money, so unless you're one of them, be prepared to live in your parent's place until you're able to find an actually decent paying job! - No such thing as "employee discount" Yup, and apparently there never will be. Overall, I wouldn't recommend working here to most people. I for one can say that any benefits are far outweighed by the sleepless nights over money worries.

Continue reading

July 6, 2020HR Manager

Im sorry to read your review, in particular the comments regarding salary and progression, we have a number of schemes in place to help boost your earnings including RI Rewards which offers a range of discounts to employees, cycle to work scheme and our Employee Assistance Programme. In addition we always try to promote from within running various colleague development programmes to develop our own talent. If you are unsure how you can participate please speak to your line manager or HR Manager who would be happy to talk this through with you.

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Surveyor in Milton Keynes, England

I worked at Rentokil Initial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Look after their employees really well

Cons

Low basic salary and out of date mobile phones

July 6, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review , we are always looking at where we can improve and I will raise your points at our next review meeting

9. "Best pest control"

Current Employee - Level II Technician

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time for more than a year

Pros

In charge of your day Every day is different Finicially rewarding.

Cons

Strong KPI focus can get in the way of actual pest control.

July 6, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for leaving us a 5 star review - we appreciate your comments.

10. "Varied experience through contracting with a range of clients."

4.0
    Current Employee - Pest Control Technician in Leeds, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to plan your work with clear goals

Cons

Often encourages out of hours planning and experience varies dependent on manager

July 6, 2020HR Manager

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review - I read a lot that colleagues enjoy the flexibility and variety that the role brings so nice to read this again. I do appreciate that there can be an element of out of hours planning especially if you are relatively new to role.

Found 647 reviews