Rentokil Initial Reviews

Found 853 of over 947 reviews

4.0
Rentokil Initial Chief Executive Officer 	Andy Ransom
Andy Ransom
Pros
  • "I joined Rentokil Pest Control as a Surveyor in February 2016(in 42 reviews)

• "Senior management will take the time to help your personal development(in 27 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Can be hard to maintain a good work/life balance at times(in 25 reviews)

• "Long hours, not much home life very hard to balance work and family(in 20 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

exellelent

Jul 26, 2021 - Collection Driver in Cranston, RI
      Business Outlook

Pros

exellelent company to work for

Cons

no cons at the moment

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Family like atmosphere that supports you to grow

Jul 15, 2021 - Digital Marketing
      Business Outlook

Pros

• Opportunity to grow and develop. I joined RI quite fresh out of Uni and with support have really grown with the business and advanced my career. Great support in training and development for what you need for your role. But there’s also a great management course available to give you the management skills you need to go up the ranks. • A group of likeminded people than genuinely care this includes management. Work place culture is great. It really feels like we are a family, and the people around you genuinely care. • Recognised for your hard work. Culture at RI is all about the people and the hard work that we do is recognised. • Employee benefits scheme as well as bonuses.

Cons

• Workload can be full on at times and can sometimes be a challenge to keep the work life balance. However no two days are the same and if you thrive in a fast pace environment, it’s great. You get out what you put in.

HR Manager

HR Manager Thanks for leaving us a 5 Star review regarding your experience at Rentokil Initial. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the training and development. We will also be sure to take on your feedback about the challenging workload.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a graduate role and little career progression

Jun 11, 2021 - Graduate Pest Control Technician in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Colleagues are great and incredibly helpful. Everyone including management were lovely people. It gives you a great sense of independence and confidence in your own work.

Cons

This is NOT a graduate role -although advertised as such, graduate events/days were cancelled last minute and all work had to be done on your own time. There is little to no 'science' aspect so please go into this with an open mind if you apply. Training is exactly the same as other technicians and salary is very low. Note the OTE salary is possible if working almost double working hours per week and achieving unreachable lead targets. People don't think very much of you (understandably - no experience) because grads leave quickly - it is no wonder. Although management were lovely, it was very lacking at times and I often spent days looking for things to do and did not know my tasks from one day to the next. There was very little communication and that can be difficult to deal with sometimes (i.e. nobody knew my leaving date/said goodbye, trivial but can mean a lot). Also - note that employees are asked before their start dates to add 5 star reviews to indeed and glass door.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read that your employment at Rentokil Initial was not an entirely positive one, although I am pleased to see that you highlight the helpfulness of your colleagues and the fact that you were given independence and confidence in your own work as the positives that you took from your experience with us. There are parts of your review that I would however like to respond to directly. Firstly, the suggestion that all colleagues are asked to post 5 star reviews before they start work for us is a claim that I believe to be wholly untrue. I know our recruitment, training academy and HR colleagues actively encourage our current and past employees as well as candidates who progress through our interview process to leave reviews on job sites, so that others can get a real feel for what the company is like at interview stage or to work for. We feel that feedback of working at Rentokil Initial is invaluable for those considering a career with us and as you will have seen we have many reviews left that highlight both the positives and negatives of working for our business, and which hopefully provide a full and balanced view of what life is like at Rentokil Initial. Any colleague is welcome to leave a review (good or bad), and each one is read by our management team so that we can learn from real life experiences, and where necessary make changes. We have a very active and growing graduate programme and we have taken on over 150 graduates in the past few years many of whom have been promoted into other roles within the business. In addition, we have a number of examples of graduates who have progressed from frontline technician, to local or senior management roles. Even during the pandemic we have continued to promote colleagues and this year we will more than likely get back to pre pandemic promotion levels. Each of our frontline colleagues whether they are a grad, on an apprenticeship or joining us as a new starter is provided with industry-leading training and a competitive package which includes the opportunity to earn overtime and uncapped commission on top of their basic salary, employee benefits such as RI Rewards as well as regular opportunities for re-grading and career progression. If you have any further concerns or issues that you would like us to be aware of then please email feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com Dave Hall, Operations Director, Rentokil Pest Control

4. 4.0
      Former Employee

Fair

Jul 27, 2021 - Supply Chain Consultant in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growing Company, and financially sound

Cons

Lot of M&A meaning constantly integration varying systems and process

5. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Worst wage in the industry

Jun 22, 2021 - Field Account Manager in Reading, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

At this moment in time i honestly can not think of a pro, its not me over reacting but its so bad at the moment

Cons

The Wage is pathetic No communication Feels like if your face fits you do well Pressure Adding new roles to your job with no reward Pointless hangouts

7 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for leaving us a review. I am naturally very disappointed that you feel this way about working for our business, and there are parts of your review that I would like to respond to directly. Firstly, we are constantly trying to balance the wider business environment with recognition of the hard work delivered by our colleagues. It was for this reason that senior members of our business agreed to a reduction in salary for a period last year, so that we could protect frontline salaries and job roles. As a business we seek to ensure our total pay which includes a basic salary and variable pay is as attractive as possible. Our packages also include industry-leading training as well as employee benefits such as RI Rewards. We have a policy of promoting from within and we have a robust grading system in place to ensure that colleagues have the opportunity to increase their salary as they re-grade and progress their career with us. Secondly, as a responsible employer I can assure you that we take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues very seriously indeed and this includes them being able to maintain a good work/life balance. We do not intend or wish for you, or any of our colleagues, to have to work beyond the normal working day. Please can I request that you take this issue up directly with your line manager so we can address it; if you don't feel comfortable doing so then please contact HR. You may also like to know that we have 300+ managers across Rentokil Initial UK currently undertaking eight hours each of ‘Health, Wellbeing and Resilience’ training that is being delivered by external provider as part of our commitment to ensuring that concerns relating to both physical and mental health can be identified, and that we are able to positively engage with any colleague who is suffering from issues such as stress, anxiety and depression. If you have any further concerns or issues that you would like us to be aware of then please email feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com Thank you again for sharing your views with us. Brian Lynggaard, Operations Director, Initial Washroom Hygiene

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

No day is ever the same

Jun 19, 2021 - Senior Surveyor in Northampton, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

I was a general manager in plastics factory before moving over the Rentokil as a surveyor. I was fed up of being in the same place resolving similar issues day-in-day out and wanted a job with more variety. I took a big pay cut to move over to Rentokil but now earn more than double what I did in my previous employment. I love Meeting new people every day and not being tied to one place of work. Great initial and ongoing training . An Innovative company always launching new ideas and products. Uncapped commission to be earnt. lots of career development opportunities. 16 years’ service and not looking to move on anytime soon!

Cons

To really succeed you do have to work outside of your contracted hours

HR Manager

Thank you for leaving us a 5 Star review regarding your experience at Rentokil Initial.

7. 4.0

Good job but…..

Jul 3, 2021 - Washroom Service Driver in Leeds, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home, own van, great staff relationships.

Cons

Breaks not paid but expected to work on through. You have to complete lots of mandatory on line courses but in your own time so not paid! Only given 3 days training but you should get 6 weeks and not trained on route’s you will do.

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are pleased that you enjoyed having your own van and great staff relationships. We will be sure to take on your feedback.

8. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great

Jul 18, 2021 - Pest Control Technician
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great leadership, Great colleagues and great positive feedback

Cons

Little career opportunities in specific areas unless you are prepared to move

HR Manager

HR Manager Thanks for leaving us a 5 Star review regarding your experience at Rentokil Initial. We are pleased to hear that you found us to have great leadership and we will be sure to take on your feedback.

9. 5.0

Fun

Jun 10, 2021 - Graduate Pest Control Technician in Loughborough, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you're on top of your calls/routines you're basically left alone. Get given work equipment and keep it within van meaning you're basically free to use it at home e.g. drill. 1hour lunch break High rate overtime Teamwork within the business is high and everyone is always happy to give advice/help you when you need it. Gain commission on sales leads put in for the business.

Cons

Base pay is not great. Your van is tracked. Graduate scheme... There is none. Actual support from managers and leaders can be minimal when you need it most.

10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not a real graduate scheme and rife with bullying

Jun 25, 2021 - Science Graduate in Wirral, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good if you like working outdoors and being in a different place every day. Nice, supportive colleagues.

Cons

The workplace culture is toxic, and bullying is not only permitted but encouraged. In the time I was in role almost half of staff resigned or went off sick with stress due to the way they were treated by the mangers. Micromanagement is taken to an absurd degree, for example going 2 minutes over on your lunch break being grounds for punitive action. Staff were scared to take sick leave, even for Covid-19, lest they get sacked. The graduate scheme should not be advertised as such, as you will be working as a technician and the opportunities for progression are severely limited.

2 people found this review helpful

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read that your employment experience at Rentokil Initial was not all positive, although I am pleased to read that you found working outdoors to your liking, and your colleagues to be supportive. I would however like to address some of the specific points you raise in your review. Bullying is something that has never been, or will ever be, tolerated within our business and I am concerned that you felt it was present within our culture. If you would like to provide specific details on what you witnessed then we always welcome feedback (feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com) both positive and negative, so we can make changes where necessary or address issues that have been raised. As a responsible employer I can assure you that we take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues very seriously indeed. In fact 300+ managers are currently undertaking eight hours each of ‘Health, Wellbeing and Resilience’ training that is being delivered by external provider as part of our commitment to ensuring that concerns relating to both physical and mental health can be identified, and that we are able to positively engage with any colleague who is suffering from issues such as stress, anxiety and depression. We always look to provide as many opportunities as possible for colleagues to further their careers with Rentokil Initial, and we are dedicated to promoting from within. Our graduate scheme enables colleagues to build a long term career with Rentokil Initial and many have done so over the years. In Rentokil Pest Control at the moment we have a number of managers who have progressed within the company including an Area Manager who joined us as a graduate pest technician and has worked their way up to one of the top positions within the company. If you have any further concerns or issues that you would like us to be aware of then please email feedback-uk@rentokil-initial.com Dave Hall, Operations Director, Rentokil Pest Control

Viewing 1 - 10 of 853 Reviews