Rentokil Initial Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

4.4
Rentokil Initial Chief Executive Officer Andy Ransom
Andy Ransom

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "This combined with a great work life balance allows you to work to the best of your ability" (in 14 reviews)

• "Truly an amazing company to work for - Senior management take the time to discuss your career path and offer expert help/advice anytime it is needed" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work Life balance can be a challenge at times" (in 13 reviews)

• "No cons unless you aren't willing to put a shift in" (in 15 reviews)

1. "Superb Opportunities"

Current Employee - Area Surveyor in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Current Employee - Area Surveyor in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Rentokil in January 2018 as a pest control technician within branch 72(Edinburgh). Having left the Army in 2014 after 6 years service I found the transition into “civvi street” a tough one to handle, more than 10 jobs within 3 and a half years made it feel impossible. I was working in a job that required 80+ hours per week and had no scope for progression when my mate was telling me about his new job with Rentokil. I was drawn in by the way he described the business, the opportunities and industry leading training it offered everyone regardless of background. A job came up and he referred me through the refer a friend scheme and I was successful in the application process. After being signed off as a technician I quickly became interested in the role of surveyor and made my intentions clear to my Local Operations Manager(LOM) at my first progress review. He informed me of what I had to achieve to increase my chances of gaining promotion into a surveyors role. After 10 months with the company I applied and was successful for a surveyors role within my branch with the aim of starting in new year. As I am writing this I have been with the company for exactly 13 months and I am 1 week away from going live as a surveyor. I am truly grateful for the opportunity that Rentokil has offered me over the last year and I look forward to the career I never thought I’d have. If you find yourself leaving the forces and not sure where to look please take some time to consider Rentokil (Initial) The training and support given will suit any disservice person and my only regret was it took me near 4 years to find discover this opportunity.

Cons

None as of yet will update if this changes.

2. "Brilliant Grad Scheme"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I joined Rentokil Pest Control in 2015 as a part of the Grad Scheme in my first role as a technician. Having come straight out of university, I wasn't sure what to expect. I studied Zoology at Southampton and I was pleasantly surprised how much biology goes into the technical knowledge training.
    The work is fast paced and exciting, with a bonus structure based on both yourself and your team hitting your targets. After 16 months I was promoted into the Surveyor role, which is sales based working closely alongside the technicians. Two years on, I am in my new role of Key Account Manager. This involves managing some of our national accounts and combines both sales and technical skills.
    There is also a certain level of overtime expected in the technician role which can be a great way to earn extra money.
    For all three roles I have really found that you get out what you put in. Hard work is rewarded through bonus or commission structures, and senior management are very happy to help and advise you if you want to take the next step in your career.
    Rather than being posted in several different roles for just a couple of months, you are able to really get a feel for each role and when you are ready and determined, you can progress.

Cons

The technician and surveyor roles do involve a large amount of practical work such as investigating where pests are coming from and treating them. For me personally was an attractive part of the job but may not be for everyone.

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed and positive review. It was lovely reading about your progression through the graduate scheme. Finishing a degree in Zoology I bet Pest... More

3. "Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Crayford, England
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Crayford, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company to work for. With Rentokil initial you are given great opportunities for career progression and rewarded well for hard work.

Cons

Honestly no cons great company.

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review, your feedback is really appreciated. I'm happy to read you enjoy working for us and have no cons!

4. "Surveyor"

Current Employee - Surveyor in London, England
    Current Employee - Surveyor in London, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I finished Uni and had no idea what I wanted to do. I am quite outgoing and personable, so the opportunity to express myself as an individual in the field and immediately work face to face with high profile clients attracted me.

To get into a field sales position you have to start as a cold calling phone centre zombie before even being considered as an applicant. I was promoted to Sales Surveyor within a year of starting.

I have worked closely with directors and senior members at the company on new products and event days, which personally makes me feel valued and integrated in the companies ambitions.

I never imagined myself getting involved in the pest control industry and it never crossed my mind as a career opportunity. To be brutally honest, I have a slight phobia of mice and rats. Rentokil provides you the support when you need it, but you are out in the field on your own so are required do your own problem solving.

I would say the job is unique and you don't need to have a passion for pest control just enthusiasm and ambitions to excel.

Cons

Sometimes you need to work late, this is not mandatory but will in result benefit you.

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review. It is really interesting to hear you have a slight phobia of pests - hopefully your time with us has helped you with this. There's no denying... More

5. "With hard work comes success!!"

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

My journey began on October 2010 when I entered the world of Pest Control as a surveyor. This wasn't a career I had ever thought about pursuing but quickly gained a real interest during my training. I went through level 1 and level 2 BPCA training courses and built up a good client base whilst out finding new sales. 2013 - Promoted to service team leader. A step onto the management chain within 3 years of joining the business. I felt a good understanding of the service side would one day hold me in good stead for an LOM position. I gained various certificates during my time in this role such as Level 3 BPCA, IPAF, Markmans etc. Great experience and thoroughly enjoyed. April 2016 - Promotion to LOM in Edinburgh. With a good sales and servicing background I was ready to manage a branch. I have now been doing this role for nearly 3 years and still got my own objectives to complete before taking the next step. I would recommend Rentokil Pest Control to anyone wanting to have a successful career. As long as you have a goal in mind all you need to do is put your head down as you know the opportunities will arise, you just need to be ready for them!

Cons

There can be alot going on at one time so good organisational skills are required.

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review - it was brilliant to read about your progression with us, and in such a short space of time! We hope your role continues to... More

6. "Ambius"

Current Employee - Administrator in Glasgow, Scotland
    Current Employee - Administrator in Glasgow, Scotland

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ambius has given me the best training I could have imagined for my role. I have continuous support and there is always someone available to help. In all aspects of Ambius there is so much support and training available. The opportunities and benefits of working with Ambius are great.

Cons

no cons, every day is different and busy

Advice to Management

keeping going with great way of working

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for leaving us a 5* review! It's great that you are supported in your career with Ambius and that you enjoy the variety in your role.

7. "Who said you cant have it all!"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Whilst I didn’t plan on working in Medical Waste Management/Washroom solutions, I am extremely glad that that I stumbled across Rentokil Initial. After successful navigation of the recruitment process I started with Rentokil Initial as a territory sales consultant (Initial Medical) in February 2018.

Rentokil Initial’s culture is not just a 9-5 job but a family everyone gives 110%, no day is the same, an employee is not a number within this company and customers really do come first. Alongside all of this, Rentokil Initial supports you to be the best version of yourself and gives you all the tools and opportunities you need to be successful – I am living proof of this.

My journey shows just what you can achieve from a new start to top sales performer in 2018 (Initial Medical) and a promotion to a Key Account Manager for Initial Washrooms (Facilities Management Sector) I truly live the dream!

Now as you are thinking that I am a young ambitious business graduate, I must stress although Rentokil Initial have an amazing graduate scheme I did not enter the business on the back of a degree (I don’t even hold one). I am in my early 30’s and returned to work after a career break raising my three amazing children – In the last year I haven’t missed a parents evening or a sports day, my family still comes first, I am living proof that you can be a good parent and have professional success. As where there is a will Rentokil Initial will help you find a way!

Cons

None worth mentioning at this time

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, and congratulations on your performance so far, top sales performer and promotion in a short space of time is an excellent achievement... More

8. "Happy to work for Rentokil"

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time

Pros

Well looked after in and out of work

Cons

New ideas/structures are implemented too quick sometimes and has a knock on effect

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. I'm glad you feel looked after. I get your point about ideas and structures we are certainly not a company who stand still!

9. "Working Life a& Career in Rentokil"

Current Employee - Manager in London, England
    Current Employee - Manager in London, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

If you have had a previous career or found yourself in a Company where you are a square peg in a round hole. Rentokil can be the place where you can find a new and varied career, with a fully inclusive internal promotion scheme.

Cons

Its hard work and requires a full commitment to be successful.

Advice to Management

Continue to develop and progress all training programs.

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5* review. We take your advice and certainly don't plan to slow down on training our staff - we want to be able to create our own future leaders with the... More

10. "Cool beans"

Current Employee - Level III Technician in King's Lynn, England
    Current Employee - Level III Technician in King's Lynn, England

I have been working at Rentokil Initial full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Massive scope to progress
    Can make good money

Cons

Uniform not great
    Long hours

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

22 Mar 2019 – HR Manager

Thank you for taking time to leave a 5* review - happy to read you're still enjoying your role after 10 years + service.