RichRelevance Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Updated 19 February 2019

3.8
Carl Theobald

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Laid back atmosphere with great work life balance; generally lax (unlimited) paid time off and work from home policy" (in 10 reviews)

• "Incredibly smart people- some of the most brilliant you'll find" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Loss of some good people in the last years" (in 5 reviews)

• "I'd sure like to see even more growth in client services" (in 4 reviews)

"Great Experience!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reading, England

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I never thought I would have an opportunity like this again in my career but I work with some of the most dynamic, intelligent, friendly and hard working people doing something that is not only fun, but adding great value to our customers. We work with the world's most prominent retailing brands - helping them innovate their customer's experiences.

Cons

Hard work means having to balance personal and professional life

Advice to Management

Keep up the efforts to improve the product suite and innovate

"Do what I say, not what I do"

I worked at RichRelevance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Surrounded by smart people.

The quality of life is good: work hard, play hard and good package.

The portfolio of clients is the company’s best asset.

The core product still exceeds that of the competitions.

If MicroStrategy is written on your CV, you are guaranteed a job at RichRelevance (Wait! Is this a Con?)

Cons

The on-boarding is poor.

The C-level executives have no idea of how to drive the boat. As a result, the company is very unstable and flaky: last month they laid off 40 (forty) % of their employees. There is constant re organisation: 4 or 5 in the space of 14 months.

No credit or respect is given to the most experienced employees who have the knowledge and know the war stories: most of them have been laid off too!

As always, the strategy is to bet all the money on one horse and hope for the best
    --> Appalling for a company that preaches the value of data and fights against gut decisions

Advice to Management

“Own it, Keep it simple, Get it done” - CEO

The problems have been identified but not dealt with properly. There is a problem with the cash flow of the company, a problem with selling the platform and a problem with securing additional funding.

Own it: understand that we are where we are because we have followed the strategy put in place by the executives. Own the problem and accept that the people at the top of the company are constantly doing the wrong things.

Keep it simple: stop re-organising the company every other month. Treat the problems rather than the symptoms.

Get it down: If the platform is not sellable then the marketing strategy and message is incorrect or the market research prior to the creation of a new product was not done correctly (CMO’s and CEO’s faults) OR the products are not doing what they should do (CPO’s fault).

If there is a problem with the cash flow of the company then the CFO must have been functioning poorly for a while (CFO’s and CEO’s fault)
    If we can not get additional funding then the Chairman is not meeting his objectives (Chairman’s and CEO’s faults)

C-level execs need to go.

"From start up to enterprise"

I worked at RichRelevance (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work. Most dynamic, intelligent, friendly and hard working people providing great value to its customers. Many of them are individuals so talented they can push an entire organization forward.

Cons

There is a historical lack of quality in the product build and documentation. Culture has shifted massively - all time low. Lots of smart people let go without any safety net.

Advice to Management

There is an opportunity to be massive here, especially in the space {rr} is in.

"Cons outweigh pros"

I have been working at RichRelevance (More than a year)

Pros

This is an awesome company. Not an average company, mind you, but an awesome one. People are great human beings, and some of us stick together as friends. Many of them are individuals so talented they can push an entire organization forward. Compensation is generally competitive. Work/life balance is impressive, and management encourages employees to take advantage of it. Our products work. We can pour our own brew in our own bar in our own office! If you are looking for a fast-paced environment, this is not the company for you.

Cons

Where to begin with. Bloated management? I don't think it's the problem. Yes, leadership is unimpressive, but it's not terrible. Recognition is sometimes acknowledged, but there is no incentive or reward for impact (we have an internal award for this, nobody really says 'oh, I'm gonna push hard this month so I can be nominated for that award'). Accountability apparently exists only when you count for nothing. The lack of process is appalling, and people really excel to keep the company together in certain situations. I'm not sure what my career path looks like. There's diffidence (but no hostility) to new ideas. Employee morale could be higher.

Advice to Management

This company has a lot of wasted potential. We could achieve greater efficiency with little effort. Why aren't we improving what we do? We need structure to focus and scale, so we can be great at what we do. I know the company acknowledged most of its issues, but there is still a lot to do if we want to shine.

5. "A startup which embodies all the challenges of an innovation company whilst maintaining a great heart and culture."

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Reading, England
    Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in Reading, England

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked here for 18 months and have thoroughly enjoyed the team, culture, projects and clients. I moved to RichRelevance from a blue chip having become bored of the lack of risk, innovation and personal identity, I've in no way been disappointed. The company is vibrant and authentic, modelled by the leadership team who are approachable and eager for positive change. I've felt valued by peers and managers and have had plenty of opportunities to further my career. My work-life balance has been far better than at any other time in my career with compensation fair. The company has huge unrecognised potential within the market, great things feel as though they are around the corner.

Cons

If you're scared of change, this might not be the company for you as there is a near constant drive to improve process, structure and products. There is a historical lack of quality in the product build and documentation, however there are good people making positive steps in this regard. On occasion short-term financial decisions are favoured over long-term growth which can be frustrating but again is all part of the startup journey.

Advice to Management

Continue to give opportunities to those in non or lower-management positions, there are some great leaders who are not yet fully utilised in their roles. Balance the drive for results with more empowerment and support to change the tools and products utilised. Don't accept a lack of quality in the products and their documentation - quality isn't an act, it's a habit.

"Momentum"

Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Sales in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

RichRelevance is taking personalization to the next level thanks to new advances in AI, which puts the company years ahead of the competition, The product suite and marquee client list is expanding. New team members are contributing. There is a real spirit of comradery among the various offices.

Cons

Hiring has been aggressive and thorough, but the company needs to onboard more.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

"It has its ups and downs, mostly downs of late"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I work with some smart people and the PTO benefit is hard to beat (it's one of the few reasons I stay). I don't know about others but salary is industry standard for those outsides of sales and engineering (points at the cons section).

Cons

Other benefits are pretty abysmal, you can do better elsewhere. The management team is good but the HR team "suggested" that we post positive reviews on Glassdoor, to me, this is a bit "slimy", and that is the only word I could think of, to even suggest something like that. If you are not on the Sales team or in Engineering you are pretty much an afterthought as far as an employee goes. The work/life company line is what you might expect but is something completely different in practice. The "sure you can work from home" line is the same but completely different in practice. Some employees do it consistently, some employees hardly ever get the chance.

Advice to Management

You have turned the company around from the "dark times" a good thing. It's not the RichRelevance of old culture-wise. The camaraderie that I once felt has been gone for a while and you need to work harder to get that back. The feeling is now these people are important and you support people are an afterthought.

"Direction is clear, product is growing; Revenue up, Morale up"

Current Employee - Proudly One of the Team in San Francisco, CA (US)
    Current Employee - Proudly One of the Team in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've seen this place dip and climb over my years here. But with the new leadership over the last 18-24 months its been climbing steadily and the boat has a clear direction that is proven and working. The sales team is enabled and strong as shown by multi year contracts & upsells both up. New customers, competitive steals and most importantly morale is up behind a strong product team and focus on accountability and stability through trust (customer and staff) and transparency. I am on a technical team but try to stay close to where we are as a company and not stay heads down. The communication here is good and gives me confidence in where we are going. Customers are happier (tickets are down), 100% uptime, with proven technology.

Cons

I'd sure like to see even more growth in client services. Support is really strong and we have great consultants - just need to get them out there and sell their services. When we do the customer shows big wins

Advice to Management

Keep the direction focused. Continue to stay away from the sirens of shiny objects or competitive lies on our capabilities. What you are doing is working and as the team further gels it will prove right.

"Crowed Space, Great People, Can't make any $$, deals just no big enough"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at RichRelevance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people internally, knowledgeable and helpful

Cons

To many people have left the company red flag, not enough sales and sales strategy in North America,

"Great time to work at RichRelevance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

I have been working at RichRelevance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is using all latest tech stack i.e Machine learning Algo, AI , Big data and lot of open source code tools and technology.
    New Management is doing really good and transparent.
    Every employee is so great, supportive and ready to help you.
    They offer really good perks better then many 130+ employees startups.

Cons

Need to do more sales , failed to retain big client however new management is doing good from last one year.
    need to hire more engineers

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you doing, Hire more ... and plan for IPO soon..!!