SFW Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

SFW Reviews

Found 17 reviews

4.3
Wayne Story
  1. "A great place to work and build experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woking, England

I worked at SFW full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

You will work on a wide variety of projects with a range of different clients in different sectors, a great way to build experience. Many of your colleagues will be of the highest calibre, and there is a lot of emphasis on sharing knowledge amongst each other. The company has a great culture of high-performance but in a friendly environment.

Cons

As a small(ish) company, it can't match some of the benefits of its larger competitors.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on career development would be good. A lot of people seem to have no idea what they will or won't be doing in 3-5 years as the career paths are not clear.

SFW2016-01-13

January 19, 2016In-House Recruiter

hi there, thank you very much for your valuable comment and we are sad to hear you are leaving. At the same time we are wishing you all the best!

2. "Relaxed Environment, Great Staff"

Current Employee - Analyst Programmer in Woking, England

I have been working at SFW

Pros

- You're not thrown in the deep end, you've got a chance to learn, on the job training - Great if you're coming out of uni, very competitive salary - Varied Work from lots of clients - Love the staff - Haven't had a boss I didn't like - Flat Management Structure but with chance to promote

Cons

- Too much time spent doing support work, which makes you feel like you're stagnating - Bit worried about the Civica take over - No bonus and pay raises are a bit unimpressive

SFW2017-04-19
  3. "Relaxed working environment; inconsistent project management"

I have been working at SFW full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Relaxed working environment - Management is trusted - Longer projects than a standard consultancy - Friendly people - Near the train station

Cons

- Delivery managers have varying levels of training/understanding of agile - there are too many extremes between them leading to some projects being run like military and others you would't know there was a delivery manager on the project - Ineffectual practice leads - not clear what they do; uninspiring - Staff consultants (line managers) have no training / experience in people development - Limited opportunity for...

Advice to Management

Scrap the staff consultant model and instil proper line and departmental managers

SFW2016-08-31

"It's ok"

Current Employee - Consultant in Woking, England

I have been working at SFW full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Friendly environment - Exposure to clients - Relatively relaxed environment - Nice work life balance - SFW organise many social events

Cons

- Salaries are much lower than industry standards - When you are on the "bench" you always feel like you'll be made redundant any day - When things don't go well it can feel like the worst place to be - Employee's are made to feel like SFW is doing them a favour by them being employed there - Business model seems to change every 6 months

SFW2016-06-25

July 1, 2016HR

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are always looking to improve as an organisation and we do truly value our staff and any constructive feedback like this. I’m concerned that you feel there is fluidity in our business model and uncertainty over the organisations ...

5. "Applications Analyst"

Former Employee - Applications Analyst in Woking, England

I worked at SFW

Pros

Diverse group of people, friendly staff and directors. Supportive line managers and team.

Cons

Not Applicable, Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

SFW2016-04-29
  6. "Great company"

I have been working at SFW

Pros

Flexible working and open culture

Cons

Not the best technologies all the time

Advice to Management

Would be nice to get more work on cutting edge technology

SFW2016-03-28
  7. "Amazing environment"

Current Employee - Junior Analyst Programmer in Woking, England

I have been working at SFW

Pros

Amazing and relaxed environment. Every employee cares about the company's benefit and the company really cares about the individuals' benefit, What a great balance !

Cons

No Cons that I've experienced !

Advice to Management

Keep on going and progressing. And keep on communicating with all the SFW team because this is what makes everyone feels like he's an important part of the structure and accordingly everyone would do his best for SFW to be in a better place.

SFW2015-09-25
  8. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Graduate Analyst Programmer in Woking, England

I worked at SFW

Pros

Colleagues are friendly and helpful, very flat management structure and the company really does accommodate and take care of employees.

Cons

Reason why I wanted to leave was to work in a different industry

SFW2015-09-25

September 28, 2015In-House Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback and we wish you all the best !

"Great company to work for"

I have been working at SFW

Pros

Company that really cares about its employees.Working with a great team of highly skilled and interesting people. Great office environment where everyone is really helpful and supportive. A lot of social events too. Flexible working and close to the town centre

Cons

The company has experienced rapid growth in the past couple of years so in some areas it’s still playing catching up but I see that as a continuous improvement.

SFW2015-09-09

September 14, 2015In-House Recruiter

hi there! Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are pleased you are enjoying working for us and you have clearly seen the growth we have experienced in the past couple of years... with feedback our employees share with us, we can only make this place a better place to work and ...

"A fantastic company to have worked for"

Former Employee - Analyst Programmer in Woking, England

I worked at SFW

Pros

Great career opportunities, friendly colleagues and interesting/varied work! Management is very approachable and training is offered if required. The company also does a lot to help organise social events and there is a very nice atmosphere. It is located near the station and town centre with some nice (and some not so nice) pubs nearby! Couldn't ask for more really!

Cons

None that I can think of :)

SFW2015-09-15

September 21, 2015In-House Recruiter

Hello! What a fantastic feedback to read on Monday morning! Thank you for your feedback and we are glad you enjoyed working with us.

Found 17 reviews