ServiceNow Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.6
ServiceNow CEO John Donahoe
John Donahoe

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company is growing consistently at 40%" (in 35 reviews)

• "Excellent Work Life balance and Culture" (in 29 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance can be poor at times" (in 46 reviews)

• "Growing pains/too much middle management" (in 17 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Be humble, stay hungry"

Current Employee - Product Line Solution Architect in Remote, OR (US)
    Current Employee - Product Line Solution Architect in Remote, OR (US)

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Love the executive leadership and the direction this organization is headed. The culture, the technology, and the talent are top notch. Comp, equity and benefits are excellent. While it is not without its growing pains and occasional dysfunction, I wouldn’t want to work anywhere else in the valley.

Cons

Lots of projects going on with competing vision from middle management. From time to time, the political battles can be exhausting and there seems to be times where work/life balance can get way out of alignment.

Advice to Management

Executive leadership needs to encourage all BUs to work towards one vision. Get rid of unnecessary initiatives and projects. Make sure your passionate and loyal ICs don’t burn out. Seeing the warning signs but we don’t want to take the foot off the gas; simply hire more equally talented rock stars to share in the fun!

2. "Significant Positive Change"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staines, England
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

The company is going through a huge cultural transformation, with so much energy invested in creating aligned values and vision. Positive changes are happening all the time with compensation, benefits, processes and management.

Cons

As with any change there are teething problems but that's to be expected.

Advice to Management

Keep fostering open communication

3. "A great place to work"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Relatively high comp and good benefits

Cons

Work life balance can be poor at times

"Technical Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England
    Former Employee - Technical Support Engineer in London, England

I worked at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are really good. RSU, ESPP, healthcare, pension...
    They allow to work from home if you have a good reason to do so.
    High salaries.

Cons

There are many people in this company who does not want to do their job. People are waiting for each other to progress which is causing jobs to be either done late or not done at all.
    Staines office is perfectly boring, although there is some effort going on to change, I dont believe it is working.
    Management is too customer oriantated, sometimes I had the feeling like I am a robot that management uses to achieve their goals.
    Sometimes it is even hard to go and grab a cup of coffee with collegues because management could be watching you and everything is so urgent for them.
    I believe interview process must be improved. Since I realize there are some people who are not qualified enough to do the job.
    If you expect fun work place events, ServiceNow is not a good place to work.
    Everybody is this company is overloaded!

Advice to Management

I would be happier if the management were more employee orianted.
    Management also should do soemthing to ensure more peaceful and fun work place.
    They must have work on interview and hiring process to ensure new hires are capable enough to conduct the job.
    They must listen employees comments instead of fully concentrating on goals that are set in front of them.

"Sales"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products
    Loyal customer base
    Smart and loyal employees

Cons

Strategy and values being articulated by senior management not filtering down to the field, all about the numbers
    Toxic sales environment micro managed by spreadsheets where leaders would rather apportion blame rather that fix the root cause of issues
    Becoming hugely political and striving to become a large corporation means loss of company identity

Advice to Management

Speak to the field and understand the challenges
    Stop the formation of fiefdoms
    Act before staff churn becomes a major issue

"One size does not fit all......."

Former Employee - Member of the GSD in Staines, England
    Former Employee - Member of the GSD in Staines, England

I worked at ServiceNow full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved my time at ServiceNow until the end, no I am not a disgruntled ex-employee, I speak highly of the tech and the majority of the people there.....
    I like the fact the company has an open strategy and great leaders messaging it..... but....

Cons

being dictated to by the US when they clearly don't understand the vast differences across EMEA. Focussing on quantity, rather than quality and they take feedback as a negative behaviour.

Advice to Management

Listen to your experienced team members....... and appreciate that you don't know everything!

7. "Lots of Positive Change"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

So much energy and investment is being spent to drive change
    Great innovative platform
    Exciting movement in employee benefits, time off and compensation
    Welcoming culture for anyone new to the business
    Growth

Cons

Catching up with the amazing growth

Advice to Management

Celebrate achievements more

8. "Good job title"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to work, lots of benefits

Cons

Slow career progression, lots of work and poor work life balance

9. "ADR"

Current Employee - ADR in London, England
    Current Employee - ADR in London, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

amazing company , innovative and grate roadmap

Cons

still stretching due to massive growth

"Amazingly innovative, but what happened to Marketing?"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing platform that is the foundation for all the great solutions we sell

Unbelievable customer base that helped us become the worlds most innovative company.

Cons

Again, ServiceNow is an organization filled to the brim with driven, intelligent, scrappy and down to earth individuals. in areas where some of us may lack the tools needed to complete tasks, you can trust that one of your colleagues with that specific understanding will go out of their way to help drive the task to successful completion. I can confidently say this is never in the spirit of laziness, but more the ethos and drive of ServiceNow. An ethos, that each of us continue to grow and push ServiceNow, and its people forward toward amazing customer driven experiences. An example of this would be the evolution of ServiceNow's yearly customer driven event - Knowledge. Knowledge is an unique & powerful gathering supported by the entire ServiceNow team. Always done without ego and sometimes without sleep. Having watch it evolve over the years I am always amazed how much we punch above our weight to put it on, however each Knowledge result is truly amazing. This encapsulates the drive and spirit of who ServiceNow is.

So as we continue to bleed some of these great people, I am always curious how we acquired the clown that is our current CMO - and why this guy still here? He is the extreme opposite of the fabric of the ServiceNow ethos mentioned above.
     One of the most insincere, one dimensional individuals who has the knack of misdirected focus. A wonderful micromanager, who avoids authentically getting in the trenches with "common" ServiceNow folk at any level. The same Princess of Marketing, that during the chaos of Knowledge requires the hottest freshest Starbucks latte or nothing. Sending one of the key events people to walk over mile to get a fresher latte because "it was too cold" and the coffee in the war room was not good enough. Ridiculous demands with ultimately resulted assigning an individual minder to cater to his majesty for the rest of Knowledge. The same Marketing Princess who glosses over his Symantec days and oversells his Salesforce experience to poorly repackage numerous SF marketing strategies for ServiceNows marketing initiatives. In his words "Why reinvent the wheel, when we know it works - Right?" Perhaps. Nevertheless with someone so enamored by their own pedigree, I would expect more originality and ideas as fresh as that Starbucks latte.
    Apparently, Dan is on a new purpose journey in discovering a better self, however many on the team have yet to see any changes. I am sure he is a great marketer of himself to John, Frank and the SN board, however for those individuals below him (figuratively & literally), we are looking for a Marketing Leader that is true to ServiceNow. Someone that rolls up her or his sleeves, gratefully grabs that cold coffee and offers an innovative marketing vision without micromanaging a group of tremendously talented individuals.

Advice to Management

Everyone brings unique potential to the ServiceNow culture. Unique potential should not have toxic affects on persons striving for the same goals