ServiceNow Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.4
ServiceNow President and CEO Bill McDermott
Bill McDermott
  1. Featured Review

"Work here if you want to grow"

Current Employee - Director

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

1) ServiceNow hires great people, they're "adults" (not always the case in Tech) and they genuinely care about each other. 2) Growing like crazy, so much opportunity to learn and advance in every part of the org 3) There is a pride in our product that is rare (and deserved). 4) We are truly are hungry and humble (one of our values). The entitlement you see at other Tech companies is non-existent, and people... are hungry to keep raising the bar and do it QUICK (I left a similar sized tech company with WAY more red tape and bureaucracy, I'm amazed at how fast you can do things here ). 5) Great work/life balance! 6) John Donahoe and the world-class leadership team have transformed this company over the last few years 7) They care about diversity, inclusion and equality. We're still building this capability but the company/leaders truly believe in this and are taking positive steps.

Cons

A lot of people who've been here 3-5+ years struggle with the rapid change we're in now. They want to do it "the way it's always been done" and many have never worked for a world-class org and don't know how to scale. So there's some growing pains between employees who are legacy and newly hired in the last ~2 years. Don't come here if you need a nap pod. Or expect free gelato on every floor. The snack rooms are... well stocked with good food, but we do pay for lunch in the tasty and affordable cafe. The benefits are almost as good as industry, 401k is still lower, but everything else pretty much on-par. ServiceNow is also stingier on things like team outing budget and have clamped down on travel some quarters.

Advice to Management

Management is SO accessible, there is so little ego here I've never seen anything like it. I appreciate our leaders and how they talk openly about their failures, wins, and where they're personally trying to learn and continue to grow. It's rare to see that type of vulnerability among an exec staff. Thank you!

ServiceNow2019-09-05
  2. "Growth mindset"

Current Employee - Client Director

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Customers love our products and services, we are still small enough to be creative and entrepreneurial

Cons

Growing pains as we grapple with increased operational complexity

ServiceNow2019-11-19

"Great product. Poor people management"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Staines, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative products that really help customers deliver great outcomes

Cons

Poor line management, immature processes, not a diverse workforce. You are hired to do a job, not for your potential.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people and listen to their feedback.

ServiceNow2019-10-22
  4. "Fast Growing and changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than a year

Pros

Culture is great - people are connected and happy to support each other.

Cons

Due to the fast pace change it is difficult to keep up to date with what is happening.

Advice to Management

Make sure that you take the team along on the journey with you

ServiceNow2019-08-27

"Great potential but not managing talent appropriately"

Current Employee - Sales in London, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast growing, innovative products, most people are very collaborative and friendly. Investing in training and people are given good equipment to work with.

Cons

Hiring overqualified people into junior management roles, with the promise of quick growth potential but giving the promotions and big jobs to people on the inside track, or hiring in from outside. Lots of messaging about Diversity and Inclusion but hardly any minorities or women at the top levels in Europe. Very US centric, all global lead roles in the US HQ, lack of willingness to listen to the people in region... about how to conduct business effectively. Benefits not in line with many local markets.

Advice to Management

Spend more time developing and growing existing staff and create a diverse senior leadership team. Stop setting such aggressive growth targets that are killing morale and making things crack at the seams. Hire appropriate numbers of admin, reporting and sales support staff to support the aggressive growth targets being set so you do not burn out people.

ServiceNow2019-08-21

"Not what it once was"

Former Employee - Account Executive
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Phenomenal product and some great people

Cons

Changing of the guard. Corporate politics is rewarded above performance. Laughable EMEA leadership

ServiceNow2019-07-27

"Shocking Sales culture"

Former Employee - Account Executive in London, England

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The first line Sales and SCs are excellent

Cons

Middle management,and up, is ruining culture. There has been a mass exodus of the experienced managers and the new hires coming in are turning ServiceNow into another Oracle Target increase massively in year two.

Advice to Management

Listen to your staff and customers

ServiceNow2019-08-13

"Innovative company, inspirational leaders and huge opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Staines, England

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time for less than a year

Pros

The technology is excellent and isn't going to stop improving and adding new products, the possibilities for it are endless. Culture is really important here and you can feel that across all the teams, everyone is welcoming, engaging and wants to get things done. Hugely growing business so it feels like you have lots of opportunity The packages are very competitive and strong benefits package - which they are... also looking to improve on, plus Staines office is getting a great makeover to look like the US Silicon Valley style Flexible working There is a real purpose behind the technology and work that you are doing.

Cons

Fast growing so there is the potential to have the people before the processes are in place to handle them - but I see that more as an opportunity than a con, when handled with a growth mindset

ServiceNow2019-06-20
  9. "Loved working here, great opportunities"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at ServiceNow full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lovely people, great working atmosphere. Desire to genuinely improve the product and to do the best for the product, and the best for customers

Cons

Transformation from a small company to a huge company means changes that require a different attitude. Customer's perhaps not always engaged as well as they could be

ServiceNow2019-05-22
  10. "Fast and fun"

I have been working at ServiceNow full-time

Pros

Great proposition and inspirational leaderships

Cons

Tactical planning in BUs and field resulting in some fickle budgetary decisions

Advice to Management

3 year+ plans need to filter through all lobs to field.

ServiceNow2019-06-02