Software Solved Reviews

Join the conversation on

Tech

105.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.co.uk&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Software Solved~3441025
Join the conversation on
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fab place to work with a great team ethos

Feb 23, 2021 - Digital Marketing Executive in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

You are made to feel so welcome with a thorough induction. All members of staff are approachable and you feel really included with attention shown to detail. I can genuinely say this is the best company I have worked for all round. They also offer flexi-time which is super useful and gives you that much needed work-life balance.

Cons

I really can't think of any :)

HR Manager

Thank you for your review! It is great to hear that the team have made you feel welcome and that you are utilising our flexible working hours.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work for

Aug 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Diversity, Good working environment, flexible work pattern

Cons

None I can think of

HR Manager

Brilliant to hear you enjoy working for Software Solved.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Friendliest workplace

Jan 22, 2021 - Undergraduate Developer in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Supportive colleagues and great atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes dealt with legacy systems

HR Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are proud of the support our team give each other.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good colleagues - Ok work

Jan 3, 2021 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

There were some great colleagues,

Cons

the clients can be a little demanding sometimes

HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We know we have a great team here at Software Solved! We also appreciate client work can be demanding at times.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A gem of a company with a great culture, lots of employee perks and benefits, and exciting growth!

Dec 10, 2020 - Project Manager in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible remote working, lots of benefits and perks, ambitious growth plans, strong leadership, varied and interesting work that is challenging and rewarding, no two days are the same, hugely talented and fun team - we work and play hard!

Cons

I wish I had found this job 5 years ago! I have have worked for some truly awful employers in the past that have got it so wrong for their staff. Finally, I've found a supportive and happy workplace. I love this company and I love my job!

HR Manager

Thank you for such an amazing review! Its great to hear you feel supported and that we put staff first. Our people are the most important to us.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Fantastic culture and employees really valued

Dec 10, 2020 - Managing Director in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Software Solved is fantastic, its open, friendly, supportive and the business really values everyone. We live up to our values and the team are passionate, creative, authentic and inclusive. The remote working with flexible hours enables people to balance work and life and we are always having some fun too. We very much adopt the principle of work hard, play hard and we have exciting plans for growth over the next 4 years.

Cons

The amount of cake in the office to celebrate successes, birthdays, milestones etc. is immense and my waistline is a constant battle

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Our culture is most important to us and the entire team work hard to make Software Solved a fun and supportive place to work. The cake isn't bad either!

7. 5.0
    Current Employee

A fantastic company to work for, putting people first

Dec 10, 2020 - Head of Projects in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked for Software Solved since 2018 and can genuinely say it is the best company I have worked for! There is a positive culture of authenticity, inclusion and empowerment at all levels of the organisation. The management team, led by MD Lindsay Lucas, genuinely puts people first at every turn and strives to make employees feel valued, trusted and supported. The need for a good work-life balance is encouraged and respected, and the work is interesting, varied and challenging without being unduly stressful or pressured. A great place to work!

Cons

I really can't think of any!

HR Manager

Thank you for such a kind review! Our people matter most to us and its great to hear that you feel valued and supported. A healthy work life balance is important and we always look for ways to encourage this.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company to work for

Dec 9, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

+ Homeworking first policy +Everyone is friendly, no corporate politics or agendas +Leadership genuinely care about you and your career for example, everyone can take a full half a day per month for personal development. - Development opportunities and employee benefits are very good - An active HR Forum to voice views and opinions to leadership - Monthly all hands communication which is very open and honest - Long standing customers and plenty of opportunities to work on interesting projects

Cons

- Hard to think of any, it doesn't have a corporate culture, (if you like that sort of thing)

HR Manager

Thank you for your positive review. It is great to hear you love our culture. The leadership team work hard to ensure that everyone feels that they matter.

9. 5.0

A great place to work

Dec 9, 2020 - Senior Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible working and remote working. Lots of employee engagement and communications about what's going on, company plans etc. Clear channels for feedback from employees to management with no subjects off-limits. Interesting varied work: enhancing existing systems, greenfield development with the latest tech, consulting opportunities.

Cons

The work can be challenging at times, but certainly not as bad as other companies in the tech industry that I've worked for.

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Its great to hear you enjoy working for Software Solved despite the occasional challenge.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that puts its staff first

Dec 9, 2020 - Human Resources in Exeter, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company (and MD) focuses on its people first. It champions wellbeing, a healthy work life balance through homeworking and flexible hours, CPD and training, staff events etc. It is clear that decisions are made with staff in mind and staff are also encouraged to contribute ideas and ask questions.

Cons

There aren't many! The company isn't very big (about 50 people) therefore progression could be a challenge however the company supports progression and training wherever possible. Currently the team are working remotely which is a challenge if you are used to being in the office and around your colleagues.

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. Our people are what make Software Solved and we are glad to hear that you feel we make decisions with our staff in mind. We appreciate progression is more of a challenge in a smaller company however we encourage everyone to have a development plan with their line managers support. We are hopeful the office can re-open this year.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews