Sponge Reviews

4.3
Sponge Founder and Managing Director Louise Pasterfield
Louise Pasterfield
  1. COVID-19

"A wonderful experience to date!"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Current Employee - Sales/Account Management in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Starting a new job during lockdown was an interesting experience (!) but Sponge have made it as painless as possible. I have been given all the tools needed for success and everyone is extremely helpful and welcoming. Although I have yet to set foot in the office I already feel part of the team and my work is frequently recognised. My manager is absolutely fantastic - we have very open communication and she has already added so much value to my existing sales/account management skillset. She gives me regular feedback and we have weekly touchpoints which are very helpful. Sponge is a company that is going from strength to strength and I am confident there will be room for me to progress quicker than in other organisations in the area.

Cons

I genuinely cannot think of many downsides to working for Sponge other than the benefits package could have more in the way of holiday entitlement.

Continue reading
  2. "Great place to learn and grow"

4.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion

I have been working at Sponge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture Opprtunities to develop and progress Outcome focused Creative at its core Good people - that I would associate with outside fo work

Cons

Communication of change Sometimes too fast - but seeing a real improvement in addressing this

3. "Great people but issues with leadership and management"

Former Employee - Support Staff

I worked at Sponge full-time

Pros

A great pool of talented and dedicated people, i.e. great potential

Cons

Challenges with leadership and an ever-changing management structure

4. "A once great company ethos desperately still trying to be upheld by some good people"

Former Employee - Employee

I worked at Sponge full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Staff feel like family. Relaxed office environment. Some opportunity to explore creativity.

Cons

Poor business decision-making has fundamentally changed the company since when I started. Staff often not listened to and benefits not great - progression and promotion unclear and almost entirely self-led.

Continue reading
  5. "A passionate and dedicated team"

Current Employee - Sales Support in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

A friendly and outgoing team , who really care about advancing your skills. With flexible hours and the opportunity to work from home, this creates a great work/life balance.

Cons

The location of the office is surrounded by heavy traffic most days, so this often affects the hours I choose to work.

6. "Friendly & Welcoming Atmosphere."

Current Employee - Junior Graphic Designer in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Sponge is a fast-paced growing company, they have an organised structure in place, with regular team and company meetings, project management software which you can see in advanced your schedule and a very supportive and collaborative team. I personally have learnt so much about e-learning in my time, so far and have gained knowledge and experience of the different platforms the company provide at different scales. It’s lovely to have a variety of projects, and every day is different and exciting! We are provided opportunities of flexible hours and working from home, which is really great. One of my favourite benefits is that it is dog friendly.. I love dogs, so that is an added bonus to have some furry friends around!

Cons

The recruitment process may be off putting, but is totally worth it. (Daunting at first, but hold on)! You can see that in the type of people who work in the company, everybody is passionate and follow the core values.

Continue reading
  7. "Friendly and collaborative working"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager - Team Lead in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working, collaborative working, opportunities for CPD, working remotely, core values, dog friendly workspace, office locations around the country

Cons

Nothing as of yet, really enjoying it!

March 17, 2020Office Administrator

We’re delighted that your loving your experience at Sponge! We strive to make sure that we have an environment where our staff can be happy and fulfilled so it’s great to hear that this is the experience your having! Here’s to you continuing your journey with Sponge!

8. "A very exciting and dynamic place to work"

Current Employee - Finance in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flex-i hours and being able to work from home

Cons

we don't get to mix with any other departments

March 17, 2020Office Administrator

We’re pleased that the flexible working we have for staff is working for you, in terms of the mixing of departments we are always looking for ways to encourage cross department interaction so this is something we will definitely be working towards improving. We appreciate the feedback and if you have any suggestions feel free to come and talk to us.

9. "Home away from home"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Plymouth, England

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible working hours and the ability to work from home. Get to work with amazingly creative, supportive and collaborative people.

Cons

No negatives so far, enjoying every second.

March 17, 2020Office Administrator

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and it’s great to hear your enjoying the flexible working we offer! We’re happy to hear that you are enjoying working in the hugely talented team we have here at Sponge, we take time to ensure we recruit the most talented people to enhance the creativity and innovation we base our work on. Long may your enjoyment at Sponge continue!

10. "A great future beckons again from 2020, after a difficult 2019"

4.0
    Current Employee - Financial Controller in Plymouth, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Sponge full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome staff - never met anyone I didn't really like or get on with - a product of their painstaking recruitment approach.

Cons

Being a dog-friendly work-place has its disadvantages as well as advantages!

March 17, 2020Office Administrator

It’s great to hear that the time we put into recruiting our very talented team had a good impact on your experience at Sponge. We are a dog friendly office which we feel provides a good source of stress relief and a little bit of mischief, however, we try to be mindful that not everyone is a dog lover and so we do expect staff to work together to make sure everyone is happy with the office environment they are working in. In regards to having a more open approach with staff we do try to remain as transparent as possible and have introduced weekly company updates where all staff are encouraged to attend a stand where up Louise, our managing director, provides a company update in regards to any business news and to share the great work that takes place here!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 English Reviews