StarTech.com Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.7
StarTech.com CEO Paul Seed
Paul Seed
Pros
Cons
  • "Good people have left HR, the people side of the business in direct relation to his appointment(in 5 reviews)

• "Not a very good environment for fostering new ideas or being shown appreciation for the work you do(in 4 reviews)

"Just the beginning"

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its early days but StarTech.com has been seriously impressive. The attitude of all employees is fantastic. Everyone is keen to help and see others do well. As an example, the on-boarding process was fantastic, and it was driven by dozens of employees all reaching out to help and ensure systems, hardware and introductions were set up for day 1. I believe this strong culture comes straight from the Exec team and... Paul, the owner, who understand that a company who truly want to focus on the customer must focus on its employees and its health. The opportunity here is massive. In every direction I see potential for growth.

Cons

Nothing yet, but it will be important to ensure priorities are aligned across functions. Given the four pillars cut across all functions I'm sure this can be achieved.

Advice to Management

Believe the message, and over communicate. Don't let it become diluted. We are about to go through significant growth and investment and as you have identified the most important thing is to keep consistency, taking all that is good and building on it.

StarTech.com2019-02-02

"Terrific Company!!"

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people and culture. Super fun place.

Cons

Growing fast so learning curves

StarTech.com2019-12-09

"Great company to work for!"

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

My top 3 reasons to be at StarTech.com are the people, opportunities and the commitment to employee development.

Cons

None! Joining a new company as a new grad, I am supported by my leaders and colleagues whether it be in terms of learning from my mistakes, implementing new ideas, or even support to continue studying for my certifications while working full time. I couldn't have asked for more!

StarTech.com2019-12-10

"So Sad!!"

Current Employee - Marketing in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time

Pros

This company has so much potential and has made so many investments and positive changes over the past 3 years in so many places under Lynn's leadership. She truly has set this ship in the right direction and I pray we can keep it afloat.

Cons

I did not know about this Glassdoor until last week and although I have misgivings about posting on an anonymous site I feel that it is the only place I can express my true feelings safely. Life is definitely not all about work but it truly does become an integral part of your life especially when you are excited about your path, are proud of the work you do and have faith and admire your leader! As I sit here... and write on Sunday evening I am still in utter shock, disbelief, and disgust over the events of the last week and I am definitely not alone in these feelings. I no longer feel the same enthusiastic pride in this company, in the last week, it has diminished significantly!

Advice to Management

I have no words, you have wounded the company, your company.

StarTech.com2019-12-09

"here comes the fear!"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company is flexible and seems to be trying to make it a great place to work. Many improvements have been made over the lasts few years.

Cons

Another executive shake up means we are all going to spend the next few months terrified of losing our jobs with the inevitable restructuring to come. Everyone is now in full blown cover your A&$ mode as the fear really sets in.

Advice to Management

good luck!

StarTech.com2019-12-10

"Unbelievable!!!"

Current Employee - Operations in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Prior to Monday Dec 2 2019 I would have said so many things as pros...amazing culture, training, investment in employees, opportunity to advance...female CEO !!! But now?

Cons

Prior to LM's arrival in 2016, the office environment was "dark" and many people refer to that period of time as the "dark days". There was no coherent team spirit, collaboration or even laughter in the office. Most people were afraid to speak their mind or take business risks and you always had to make sure FW was not in earshot of any conversation you had because inevitably it would come back to bite you. LM... arrived as a bright light of positive change and in short order, she transformed this culture of toxicity to one of positivity and optimism. Through her open-minded attitude, constant clear communications and business acumen/decisiveness she brought order to chaos! She made the tough decisions and invested in the business in many places where prior to her arrival there was none (training, systems).

Advice to Management

PS what were you thinking?? The environment in the office since your horrible decision Monday has been horrific... everyone is wondering what and who is next?? Don't you realize that a company is People and Culture!! ...does NO ONE coach you???

StarTech.com2019-12-04

"Great company, with some dissapointing managers"

Former Employee - N/A in London, ON

I worked at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture with plenty of percs.

Cons

Depending on the department, you may not see the rewards for hard work.

StarTech.com2019-10-02
  8. "The best organization for which I have ever worked!!!"

Current Employee - Director Global Talent Acquisition in Mississauga, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth oriented, super nice people, compensation commensurate with role, lots of room for personal and professional growth, and awesome work/life balance.

Cons

The organization is transitioning from medium multinational to a large global enterprise. This is not for the faint of heart or those who resist change. If you are neither, this is a great place to have impact and build a lasting legacy.

Advice to Management

stay the course! not everyone will be in for the ride but in the end the ones who are will be part of something great.

StarTech.com2019-09-30

"The worst place to work for - STAY AWAY."

Current Employee - Technical Advisor in London, ON

I have been working at StarTech.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

The team members. Lots of new skill to learn.

Cons

- No career progress - They expect you to work like a donkey - Fakes bounce scheme never paid out because of the goal never reached

Advice to Management

Get a reality check and respect yourself and take care of your people.

StarTech.com2019-10-16
  10. "Good company - low salaries"

Former Employee - Sales
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at StarTech.com full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of growth - decent leadership

Cons

Salaries are not competitive. Too much panic over only growing 15%

StarTech.com2019-09-26