Swoon Reviews

Updated 16 Jun 2021

Found 119 of over 211 reviews

4.0
Swoon Chief Executive Officer Michelle Baker (no image)
Michelle Baker
Pros
  • "I would highly recommend looking to swoon for future employment solutions(in 10 reviews)

• "great company to make an impact(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "None except work/life balance (depending on how you look at it) but perks/rewards balance out(in 13 reviews)

• "Staffing industry is tough in general(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

16 Jun 2021 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Tempe, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great getting thru on-board and interviewing process

Cons

Semi monthly pay schedule is very weird.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

So much potential!

20 Jan 2021 - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Swoon is positioned with an incredible opportunity for growth. What the team has accomplished in the past 11 years is inspiring- with big growth planned and no slowing down in sight. The company offers uncapped commission potential with a real opportunity to make some big money. This is the benefit of a salary + commission role: and the top recruiters and sales reps see this, you get out of it what you put in it. This comes with hard work, creativity and going that extra mile- but the rewards can be great. The teamwork, flexibility, innovation and leadership are top notch. Anyone has the opportunity to make their voice heard, make an impact and make a difference. The teams work flexibility which is fantastic during this time and for working parents. Benefits and PTO package are generous. I've seen Leadership be promoted from within by having success in their roles. They are available to their teams, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Staffing is a tough industry, and I have worked at other firms, but I am confident Swoon is the best staffing firm out there.

Cons

Hard work- just as in any sales role- but you get out of it what you put into it.

Thanks for your review!

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Not the best organization

17 May 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Building close relationships with your direct reports will be crucial. Tight knit team. You can make pretty good money if you succeed.

Cons

Higher level leadership doesn't care about you. They only care about themselves. No matter the work you put in, nothing is ever good enough. The company talks about boosting morale however they say that at a high level but nothing is done. They want to work flexible but schedule 8am meetings. Sales leadership is micromanaging and consistently gives back handed compliments and calls people out in meetings/emails to embarrass them. Overall this causes extreme burnout even with their most successful employees.

HR Specialist

Thank you for sharing your experience.

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Smoke & Mirrors

31 Mar 2021 - Business Development Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Shanda was great for onboarding

Cons

- Management was awful and doesn't value new employees - Cult environment - Metrics made no business sense and encouraged falsifying documentation in CRM to please management's reports - No work / life balance as projected in the interview process, even tenured employees complained about constantly being on the chopping block - Swoon's turn over rate & company reviews are false, only 2 of the 12 people I started with are still with the company - If you don't drink the Swoon koolaid you're gone - A new person with no prior industry experience was bashed publicly for something they should've been given kudos for, and turn it into a trainable moment, but instead made the new employee cry.

3 people found this review helpful

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. Swoon has carefully crafted and is constantly re-evaluating our metrics and how employees are evaluated. We strive to ensure that all our employees, from first interview to retirement, are aware of what is expected to find success, why it is expected, and how we will work to ensure that they find success. We perform frequent pulse check-ins with all team members and provide a variety of resources to help struggling employees get back on track. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Turn over is extensive and now I see why

12 May 2021 - Business Development Manager in Orlando, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote options, potential to make good money if you have industry experience.

Cons

Training is horrible, metrics are unattainable in this market environment, the resources they claim to have for new employees are not as supportive as they say, the new supervisors for some divisions are only out for themselves and get frustrated when you do not do things the way they would. Positive feedback is next to none. Even with great success, your commission is completely dependent upon the delivery team which is not always as accessible as one would think. The recruiters are overworked and picky about which job orders they want to focus on. the list goes on and on, I would rethink working for this company.

HR Specialist

Thank you for providing your feedback, and we wish you the best in all your future endeavors. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience, and would be happy to talk through the details so we can make appropriate corrections where needed, as some of the statements are completely contradictory. Please give us a call directly at 312-450-8700 x 1

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Could not be prouder

4 Mar 2021 - Leadership Program in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Incredible collaboration, driven individuals , resilience abounds. We pull together to do the incredible as a growing team! Have worked with so many different teams and so excited to be part of this organization!

Cons

To beat the competition we need to outsmart them, outwork them and impress our candidates and clients equally. Keeping that bar high takes a ton of energy, effort and team work. The days can be long, the roller coaster is real but the rewards can be amazing.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback and inspiration! The team will continue to work hard to provide the best in service, experience, and talent as we continue to grow!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place

28 Apr 2021 - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company, that truly invests in it's employees.

Cons

Growing organization still feeling some of those pains.

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee

Hip Staffing agency but be prepared to work 12+hour days and weeke

29 Mar 2021 - Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Training program is thorough - Medical benefits are good - Slighty above average base compensation - Employees and some management are happy to help when you have a question.

Cons

-Highly competitive environment - Micro-manager mentality - No work life balance!! Always pushing employees to work late evenings and weekends. Highlighting the employees that work weekends creating an environment where employees that can’t work weekends feel guilty. While many companies were giving employees self-care days in 2020, Swoon was advising employees to work longer hours to beat competition saying it was “imperative.” - No time to cook healthy meals or stay active. One manager tried to persuade her team a few times to work late saying she would buy them dinner. -Quantity versus quality mentality

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback, and we can relate to how difficult it can be to create work/life balance to ensure that goals are being met in both personal and professional lives. This is why Swoon has a flexible working environment, in which employees can create their schedules to ensure that they are meeting both responsibilities at the "office" and at home. There may be some weeks, if an individual is having difficulty meeting their work goals, that they are encouraged to put in some extra time in the evenings or over the weekend to ensure that they are meeting the objectives. Staffing is hard, even more so now - and we value and appreciate all our employees and the hard work they contribute each and every day.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Trust & Safety Analyst

1 Apr 2021 - Trust &Amp; Safety Analyst
      Business Outlook

Pros

The recruiters and s are very friendly and strive to find the right job for you

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say about Swoon, my experience has been GREAT!!!!

HR Specialist

Thank you for your time to let us know how we are doing!

10. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

SWOON Company Review

28 Mar 2021 - Project Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great personnel to work with on the contractor side.

Cons

Contracting - Cost of Benefits

HR Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are always striving to provide the best experience for our employees, and your continued feedback is greatly appreciated!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews