Tchibo Reviews

Updated 15 Jan 2021

3.7
Tchibo CEO Thomas Linemayr
Thomas Linemayr
Pros
  • "Free coffee, great colleagues, nice work do's(in 4 reviews)

• "Good Field Based Team, Great quarterly events, good benefits(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Micromanagement and inflexible long working hours is the biggest issue(in 2 reviews)

• "Click management team, if your face does not fit it won't matter how hard u work(in 2 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. "Great company"

Former Employee - NAM

I worked at Tchibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company and very supportive management

Cons

A lot of travel and time away from home

2. "It's Ok"

2.0
    • Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Epsom, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Tchibo full-time

Pros

Free coffee, great colleagues, nice work do's

3. "Poor leadership"

1.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Epsom, England

I have been working at Tchibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

nice team and a nice coffee area. The benefits, especially over recent years have been improved.

Cons

With recent news of the virus, the office have been treated very differently to field based staff. People are promoted into their management jobs but have no leadership skills. Very cliché HR team - I have no trust for them.

4. "."

Current Employee - Commercial Analyst

I have been working at Tchibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people in the workplace

Cons

There is a Hierarchy complex

"Company review"

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Tchibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good range of employee benefits, very enjoyable quarterly reviews

Cons

Limited career progression and need to increase wages to be in line with the average wage

September 13, 2019

Thank you for your review! I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoyed our range of employee benefits. We’ve been working hard to launch a refreshed range of benefits which keeps up with modern life and fits our Tchibo tribe well, with our newest additions being additional leave for volunteering, as well as additional leave for parents taking their children to a new school on their first day. So far, these are going down really well, so I hope you got to enjoy some of these in your time here. I’m also glad you enjoyed the quarterly events – it’s a benefit we’re really proud of offering and enjoy rave reviews for our all-staff quarterly parties, so it’s great that you enjoyed them. I’m sorry to hear you felt career progression was limited. We’ve recently shared blogs and stories from our colleagues about how they climbed the Tchibo ladder and there are many examples of this, however I appreciate not everyone’s experience is the same. At Tchibo, we pride ourselves on offering everyone a training scheme and we’re working on evolving and improving that, so I hope you took advantage of that offering during your time here. We’re also proud to say that everyone at Tchibo is paid above the living wage and we constantly review our recompense package to ensure it’s competitive. We feel our benefits and pay balance is fair and generous, but we are always looking for ways to improve. Feel free to reach out if you’d like to share any further thoughts and thanks for taking the time to leave us a review – Lara, HR.

6. "I worked at Tchibo for about a year"

Former Employee - IT Specialist in Epsom, England

I worked at Tchibo full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great teams, wonderful staff, I learned a lot under Charles. I would work in his team again.

Cons

HR wasn't very clear with their policies and advice. When a misunderstand occurred there was no "How could we make this better" it was I'm right you're wrong deal with it.

August 5, 2019

Thank you for your review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed working with our people here at Tchibo. We’re so proud of the fantastic teams we have here; our people are certainly the top priority and we try to make sure everyone is happy, healthy and enjoying their roles, so I’m really pleased that shone through to you. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t feel HR was very clear. We do our best to make sure our code of conduct (which covers our policies) is clear and easy to read, however we will review this given your feedback. We always try our best to help colleagues, so I’m disappointed that you feel the team didn’t support you. From now on, we’ll make even more effort to make sure everyone feels supported when it comes to our policies. The HR team has doubled in size in the last six months, so there will be more time spent looking into this. Thanks again for the feedback, it’s really important to help us grow. Lara – HR.

7. "Very wellbeing focused"

4.0
    Former Employee - Purchasing in Epsom, England

I worked at Tchibo full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tchibo are a great company to work for - with the Management team clearly focused on employee wellbeing, with various benefits such as free fruit, an online rewards portal and a very proactive view on employee's mental health. If you work hard, it is very easy to develop and progress up the ladder. I started as an intern and was promoted to new roles and given the opportunity to challenge myself and enhance my career.

Cons

Being so close to London but not offering closer to London wages meant salaries were uncompetitive with similar roles in the local area Working from home was not seen as a viable option and this, at times, came across as a lack of trust in employees.

July 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. I’m so pleased to hear that you can see all the hard work we put into our employees’ wellbeing – we’ve done a lot of work in that area and we’re only just getting started! We recently launched our wellbeing loyalty cards and can’t wait for colleagues to start using them – they’ll receive an extra day’s holiday for every ten wellbeing activities they achieve. Also, thank you for your feedback about flexible working and remuneration. As a company we look deeply into what makes up a fair and competitive remuneration package and we feel we’ve got a good balance between pay and perks, but we’re always looking at ways to improve. Flexible working is something we offer to everyone. We try our best to approve all flexible working requests. Unfortunately it is not possible for all roles, however as our technology gets better and better, we look forward to being able to have even more flexibility. Thanks again for leaving your review, it’s really valuable to help us know how to grow in the future – Lara, HR

"Key account manager for independent sector"

4.0
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

I have been working at Tchibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great colleagues, excellent benefits, flexible

Cons

Salary, unrealistic targets, quite corporate

July 25, 2019

Thank you for your review. I’m really pleased to hear that you enjoy working here. We’re really proud of the excellent people we have at Tchibo – we work well together and produce amazing results year after year, so I’m pleased to see that you value your colleagues. It’s also encouraging to see that you’re enjoying our range of excellent benefits. We’ve recently launched a whole new range of benefits as well, including a half day for parents taking their children to a new school, an extra days’ holiday for having good wellbeing and much more. Let me know if you’d like any more information on that. I’m happy to hear you’re enjoying working flexibly as well. We try our best to be as flexible as possible, so it’s great to know that we’re working for you. I’m sorry to hear that you feel our salary is a little low. We work hard to make sure we pay a competitive salary as well as offer above average perks, but we’re always looking to improve. Thank you for raising the point about unrealistic targets. In the first instance, I would encourage you to discuss this with your manager, who I’m sure would be more than happy to look into this with you. If you don’t feel that resolves your queries, please do come and talk to us in HR – we’d be happy to help. I’m surprised to hear that you find Tchibo corporate – we’re a small/medium but rapidly growing business, which means our colleagues get to know each other well and there’s a real family feel here. However, the faster we grow, I can understand we could feel more corporate. I’ll make sure that this is addressed and we keep our friendly feel we’re so famous for. If you have any other feedback, I’d love to hear it. Lara – HR.

9. "No Reward"

Former Employee - Key Account Manager in London, England

I worked at Tchibo full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Field Based Team, Great quarterly events, good benefits

Cons

Low Salary, Little bonus or incentive

July 1, 2019

Thank you for your review. I’m really glad to hear you enjoyed our benefits, especially our quarterly events, which are always really popular. It’s great that you’ve enjoyed our range of benefits as well, there’s a lot to choose from at Tchibo! We’re really proud of our field based team – they work hard and produce fantastic results, so I’m pleased to hear that shone through to you. I’m sorry to hear that you felt our recompense is a little low. We offer competitive, negotiable salaries that our colleagues enjoy. If anyone wants their salaries reviewed, we make sure they are listened to and considered. It’s really useful to hear your feedback and we’ll definitely take your points into account to see how we can continue to improve our employee experience. Thanks again – Lara HR.

"One of the best companies I have worked for."

Current Employee - Customer Support Manager in Epsom, England

I have been working at Tchibo full-time for more than a year

Pros

Tchibo (Epsom office) are always looking to enhance the work place and working conditions for our team, in the last year alone they have given us an early finish on a Friday, introduced medical benefits, offered CBT to anyone that wants it. We have four events a year where people are recognised for their contribution to the business and input to colleagues. I highly recommend working here, a great team to join

Cons

You become addicted to the great coffee we produce!

May 17, 2019

Thank you for your review! I’m delighted to hear that your enjoying a great career at Tchibo. We are constantly looking to make everyone’s time here even better, so it’s encouraging to hear that’s not going unnoticed. If you have any further feedback, I would love to hear it, so please do let me know if you’d like to grab a coffee together. Thanks again, Lara – HR.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 40 English Reviews