Telensa Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

3.9
  1. "A place to grow"

Current Employee - Sales Manager

I have been working at Telensa full-time for more than a year

Pros

I joined Telensa motivated for the possibility for promotion in the medium term. The company didn’t disappoint in this respect. Even today, I still think you can enter in any role and progression will happen if your department has options and you work for it. Retention is key for this company and I have seen over and over people being promoted not just in my department.

Cons

The location of the office may not be very appealing to many people. It is in the country side (parking available).

Telensa2019-08-19
  2. "Interesting place to work, trying to do a lot at once"

Current Employee - Principal Engineer

I have been working at Telensa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Get to work on some interesting things - Often get to be involved in a broad range of areas of the business - General attitude of being open to change and new ideas - Company has a lot of future potential - Competitive benefits

Cons

- Often very tight time-frames to get things done - Priorities often swing too quickly, making it challenging to maintain progress on long-term goals - Challenging target market and conditions

Telensa2019-11-28

"Huge Disappointment"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Cambridge, England
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Telensa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Coffee machine, some good people, especially team leads and senior engineers.

Cons

Poor senior management, lack of direction. Software projects start, but never finish. Lots of legacy code. Often redundancies of many good employees that take knowledge with them.

Advice to Management

Invest in people and products, not just try to sell the company for sort term profit.

Telensa2019-11-20

"Company in serious decline"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Telensa full-time

Pros

Good employee benefits Good social committee

Cons

Salaries are under market rates. Terrible management especially in development and especially in the last 18 months. No scope for innovation or interest in using modern architectures, tools and processes. Little to no career progression. Preferring to hire externally than to promote internally. There were a smattering of promotions but largely interpreted as being nothing more than job title changes as... responsibilities pretty much stayed the same. CEO and SMT completely unapproachable and out of touch. Obvious to everyone that the company is being aligned for a quick sale to a larger competitor rather than being grown properly.

Telensa2019-10-17
  5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director of Central Systems in Pampisford, England

I have been working at Telensa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Super friendly and helpful team. Ability to get involved in multiple projects Interesting roadmap to evolve products. Use of up-to-date technology (Azure, MicroServices) Realistic opportunities for personal development.

Cons

Out of town location (good for parking / not so good for lunch!)

Telensa2019-08-19
  6. "Great for Progression and Learning New Skills"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Pampisford, England

I have been working at Telensa full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Since joining Telensa I've switch from engineering to commercial and been promoted twice. When you put the effort in it is recognised here at Telensa. Not only is there is a clear promotion process but also an appreciation from management that individuals do want to grow and learn.

Cons

We’re quite sales led here so sometimes we have to pivot quickly and pause in progress projects or features. The flip side of this is that the work is quite varied throughout the year.

Telensa2019-08-06
  7. "Innovative place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Pampisford, England

I have been working at Telensa full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good compensation, very innovative urban data project, growing fast, important partners backing it up, easy parking, short commute from Cambridge

Cons

Not very close to Cambridge (if you cycle) (however, the company help with the commuting), as any other startup; deadlines are tight.

Advice to Management

Keep working on building more unique products to change worldwide cities landscape. Account for more time for self-development and training.

Telensa2019-08-05
  8. "Very nice company, needs more direction"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Telensa full-time

Pros

Very nice and smart people, office is very new and modern, work is very interesting and varied

Cons

Company location could be closer to central Cambridge, company management just need a more focused direction for the company to head in...but IoT is relatively new and developing space for all companies trying to go for it in this area

Telensa2019-07-06
  9. "Innovative Smart Cities business"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, England

I have been working at Telensa full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovation Ambitious Friendly people Chance to grow and learn get out of it what you put in

Cons

Rapidly growing so sometimes ambition outpaces its capabilities

Advice to Management

Explain the strategy more consistently

Telensa2019-01-23
  10. "Support"

I have been working at Telensa full-time

Pros

Great benefits Flexible company that listens Good career promotion, if you work hard Great people to work with Dynamic vision

Cons

Trying to think of some cons... It is a fast growing company, so everyone mucks in and helps out where they can. That may not suit people who like a very structured role.

Telensa2019-01-22