The Emirates Group Reviews
79% would recommend to a friend
(4201 total reviews)
Ahmed bin Saeed Al-Maktoum
88% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "A lot of travel benefit to the whole world Salary is good Company is basically taking care of everything for your life in Dubai" (in 381 reviews)
- "A lot of tickets benefits and good enviroment" (in 335 reviews)
- "Great travel destinations with multiple flights a day ( very handy with good travel benefits)." (in 140 reviews)
- "Everything is good pay is good" (in 88 reviews)
- "Fast paced environment and great colleagues" (in 67 reviews)
- "Poor management of time and utilisation of resources" (in 196 reviews)
- "Long hours but manageable to work" (in 109 reviews)
- "Extended working hours before and after flight that you don’t get paid" (in 88 reviews)
- "You'll have to adapt to living in a different culture." (in 47 reviews)
- "Managers and seniors are abusive and absolutely not qualified." (in 35 reviews)
Found 4,201 of over 5K reviews
Updated 3 Dec 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 4.021 Nov 2023Business AnalystCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearLondon, England
Great flight benefits. Prestigious company.
Very little leave. Rigid management structure. Antiquated tech.
- 1.016 Jul 2023Call Center Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsManchester, England
Literally there are no Pros working in this place, unless you use the staff tickets. But with the sh*** salary you can't afford travel.
This is a job that keeps you glued to your chair for 8 hours taking calls after calls. They give you 3 breaks during your shift and if exceed the break times you have them behind your neck. Management are the perfect example of obedient workers that don't question anything. They are there to follow the instructions given by the company therefore they don't care about the people at the base of the business. They are experts using the culture of denial when it comes to justify or defend certain policies. In this culture of mediocrity the supervisors and management became experts in tactics of patronising and diminishing people's self esteem. The culture of the company and the way they treat people is sickening. You can feel people is not speaking out because they are afraid of the consequences. And the most disgusting thing is that you have to work early shifts, late shifts and weekends for peanuts.
- 3.011 Oct 2023Customer Service RepresentativeFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
Travel perks, interesting employees, no day is the same
Stressful environment, little chance to develop without moving to Dubai
- 1.029 Nov 2022Aircraft Maintenance EngineerFormer Employee, more than 10 years
Tax free salary. Full medical cover. Childrens private education.
Engineering still lagging 10 years behind some of the top European airlines. Some senior management and executives have no clue or understanding of the running of the Engineering operations. Very political and dependant on the your senior managers and his ethnicity. You have to be the blue eyed boy to get rewarded. Hardworking productive personel are heavily relied on to ensure smooth operation and given double work to the blue eyec or non productive staff. Human factors totally in disregard. The local senior executive is easily swayed by his subordinates and can make life a misery for you. Covid redundancies in 2020 was based on demographics and if the face fits. Not on skills, qualifications and experience. 20 plus years of productive employment and no gratitude shown whatsoever. The company and the country is purely a means. Means to earn good salary and provide good living and education for the children. But you have to be strong willed and with perseverance. Otherwise the department can run you down and out.2
- 3.022 Nov 2022Customer Sale and Service AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearManchester, England
- Great colleagues - helpful managers - decent entry-level wage -28 days of holidays
- Repetitive job - customers can be very demanding - the amount of bureaucracy is sometimes unbearable - targets always change - some poor management choice - poor work-home balance - basically no career opportunities
The Emirates Group Reviews FAQs
The Emirates Group has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 4,916 reviews left anonymously by employees. 79% of employees would recommend working at The Emirates Group to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
79% of The Emirates Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated The Emirates Group 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.7 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.