Topps Tiles Reviews

Found 177 of over 180 reviews

4.0
Topps Tiles CEO Rob Parker
Rob Parker
Pros
  • "stores it still has a family feel(in 17 reviews)

• "Small teams give a real family feel to the company(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Small teams can mean long hours when staff are sick or on holiday(in 13 reviews)

• "Heavy lifting, long days, tough targets(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great work place

3 Jun 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work place, good bonus scheme, good holiday entitlement. Overall friendly environment. Good career progression if you put in the work.

Cons

I can't think of any!

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Depends on your manager

11 May 2021 - Service Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great training resources and fact sheets for reference, you learn a lot, increased strength and fitness, area managers increasingly invested in mental health and welfare and supporting employees, good holiday allowance and flexibility, thorough H&S processes

Cons

Your experience entirely depends on your store manager and it is like working for completely different companies from manager to manager - some are really great and some are really really awful to their staff. Commission is good during peak periods in busy stores but the base salary is under the national living wage and can't sustain full time staff out of peak Very little diversity at all levels of the company and casual sexism is a staple of major customer base

1 person found this review helpful

Recruitment

Thank you for your review of Topps Tiles we are really pleased you find Topps to have great training resources and fact sheets with great mental health and welfare. Our area managers and HRBP's are always there to support and discuss any issues in store. We wish lots of success with your future in Topps Tiles, kind regards the recruitment team.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee

Good on paper, tough in reality

13 May 2021 - Deputy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some support on the area from management technical training provided via online hub ability to earn commission and bonuses

Cons

Depending on who you work with, you will ether get loads of support or completely hung out to dry. Bonuses are really tough for smaller stores Long days, lots of heavy lifting alongside intense customer service pressures If you are female, you have to work 10xs harder especially if you're store management. Customer base is very 'alpha' male dominated and you're expected to just "suck it up" when harassed by traders.

Recruitment

Thank you for your review of Topps Tiles we are really pleased you find you get support from your area and the technical training provided on the HUB is good. If there are any issues you would like to take forward to the company please speak with your Team Talk rep or HRBP. We wish you lots of luck for the future with Topps Tiles, many thanks the recruitment team

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Absolutely Love Working Here!!

12 May 2021 - Office Based in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, team work and a supportive environment all the way up to the top. Great family feel and always great to feel happy to go to work. Very supportive of mental health and equality which is a breath of fresh air.

Cons

I cannot really think of any to be honest. The only thing I would mention is that it would be nice to have more holiday entitlement in line with other businesses.

Recruitment

Thank you for your review of Topps Tiles we are really pleased you find Topps to have great people and a great family feel with it also being supportive of Mental Health and equality. We wish lots of success in your future with Topps Tiles many thanks the recruitment team.

5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Better than what people say

30 Apr 2021 - Customer Service Specialist in Harrow, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

teamwork - everyone works effectively together. progression is a real thing here you get what you put in like with anything you do. A lot of people write bad reviews, but its mainly because they were not ready to commit to something. Nothing wrong with the company flexible to your needs and holidays

Cons

Long hours/early starts Lifting in the heat - cant really control that

Recruitment

Thank you for your review of Topps Tiles, we are really pleased you find Topps Tiles to have good team work and progression, we are always looking at the hours our stores are open and try to ensure these hours are right for our cusotmers and our staff. We wish you lots of success with your future in Topps Tiles, kind regards the recruitment team.

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Not impressed

30 Apr 2021 - Customer Service Representative in Redhill, South East England, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good commission for service specialist if you're face fits

Cons

A lot, they don't care about mental health, if you're face doesn't fit, your playing the victim, if your line manager and subsequent colleagues only care about profit and loss. If your face doesn't fit, they don't listen to you. Unless you are either an attractive female or a male whom can carry 2/3 bags of adhesive you will fit in brilliant. If your 40 plus/45 plus you will be accused of being a vic

Recruitment

Thank you for taking time to do a review of Topp Tiles we are really sorry you feel we don't care about mental health, we do have a team of trained mental health first aiders who would be happy if you would like to get in touch with any of them a list of names can be found on our intranet. We would also encourage you to speak to your ASM or HRBP to discuss any problems that may be occurring in store. Kind regards the recruitment team.

7. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

That's how I'm looked upon

26 May 2021 - Dish Washer in Leicester, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are liked by a director or regional then you are going places.

Cons

Egos as delicate as egg shells where one wrong comment to the wrong person can wreck your career. You are not there to improve conditions etc just do as you are told

Recruitment

Thank you for review of Topps Tiles, we are really sorry to hear of your experience with Topps Tiles, if there are any problems you would like to discuss please contact your Area Sales Manager or HRBP. We wish you lots of luck for the future with Topps Tiles, kind regards the recruitment team.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Yes men succeed

8 Jun 2021 - Store Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent wage, good hours decent bonus structure if in a good branch

Cons

Poor management, move people around too often and profit is all that matters

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

21 May 2021 - Sales Assistant in Enfield, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay, good commission opportunities

Cons

A lot of heavy lifting

Recruitment

Thank you for your review of Topps Tiles we are really pleased you find we have decent pay with good commission. We do have regular training updates on the HUB regarding lifting of the heavy products we sell, we wish lots of luck for the future, kind regards the recruitment team.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice work environment

9 May 2021 - Sales Advisor
      Business Outlook

Pros

- good place to learn transferable skills

Cons

- need more promotional opportunities

Recruitment

Thank you for review of Topps Tiles we are really pleased you find it a good place to learn transferable skills, we always like to promote from within the company were possible. Many thanks the recruitment team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 177 Reviews