Visier Reviews

Updated 12 May 2021

3.3
Visier CEO Ryan Wong
Ryan Wong
Pros
  • "It means you get to work with lots of great people, learn from them as well as teach them(in 9 reviews)

• "Incredible culture, great products, team atmosphere, on a path to great success(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Visier is definitely not an ideal job for you if you work only for paycheck or if the work life balance really matters to you(in 8 reviews)

• "most employees are young so they are encouraged to work long hours (60-80 regularly)(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing Solution. Best job in the company

11 Mar 2020 - Solutions Consultant in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Small company. Exciting prospects for the future. Positive leadership making the right changes

Cons

Uncertain times ahead. Lots of change to manage and understand

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

HR Analytics SW company who don't practise what they preach..

6 Aug 2020 - Sales Representative
      Business Outlook

Pros

1. Competitive salary 2. Used the experience to find a new role outside of Visier.

Cons

1. Senior leadership are untrustworthy 2. Retention of top talent 3. Lack of strategy from above

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Company which has lost its way.

23 Jun 2020 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The product is market leading.

Cons

If you are below VP level be prepared to be cut ruthlessly on one of their bi yearly redundancy binges irrespective of your performance or prior contributions.

8 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Employee

Incredible company!

7 Dec 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- A vision that we can all rally around - A great sense of balance between working hard yet still having a great personal life - Enough structure and training to give you a solid foundation yet enough freedom to innovate and do things how you best think they can be solved. - A culture that is collaborative and upbeat -

Cons

Nothing glaring comes to mind

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

High impact + valuable work

10 May 2021 - Internal Services in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Ability to work on meaningful projects from start to finish - Lots of autonomy - Work closely with leaders who want to know your perspectives, opinions, etc. on strategic initiatives - Everyone I've encountered is friendly and willing to help each other out

Cons

- Things move and change quickly at Visier, you need to be adaptable and okay with the unknown

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Amazing product, great company, huge opportunities

16 Mar 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Visier has a first-rate product that I can win customers with consistently. I've worked at many companies with fine products, but Visier is on an entirely different level. It's frankly a joy to show it to people - its value is obvious and compelling. Beyond that Visier is a company that can effect genuinely positive change. I'm proud of what we've done here, especially in helping our customers and partners manage workforces through COVID-19 and in our ongoing work to show the importance of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. The company has clear values that leaders live and breath. In my own experience they are central to how we make decisions. That's really crucial to me.

Cons

There's definitely an emphasis on driving efficiency and teams can be slow to add resources. I think that's mostly a feature of the extreme growth being experienced though. This can manifest in long hours, but on the plus side I think there's huge opportunity for growth and for new hires to stake out an area where they can have a big impact.

Chief People Officer

To know our product helps create a more inclusive, diverse and equitable work place is definitely something that we love and are very proud of! You're right, growth is challenging but it is definitely a challenge we love to have. We're on a pretty incredible learning journey and we'll keep working hard to adapt, develop and grow!

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work and grow your career!

3 May 2021 - Director, Customer Success Operations in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent and communicative leadership team, fast-growing which can facilitate career growth for those who are eager, impactful (and beautiful) software, raving customers and awesome benefits with flex hours.

Cons

Lots of change to help support growth and success. Not everyone can adapt to this.

8. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Visier Review

4 May 2021 - Software Developer in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have a positive mindset and a great team to work with

Cons

They work long hours and can sometimes pack on too much of a workload

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic Product, Team, and Opportunities!

28 Jan 2021 - Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

After reading some of the critical Glassdoor reviews before joining, I was a little apprehensive. But I can honestly say that I have been super pleasantly surprised by the intentionality Visier brings to supporting its employees. I am so impressed by the culture, people, and support I've received throughout my new employee experience. Digging into support a little, the onboarding process was so thoughtful with a ton of great documentation and content and the advocacy and personal support from leadership has been unprecedented. It really seems like there are fantastic opportunities to add value in different roles (internal movement is really supported) and it doesn't hurt that US benefits and WFH support (financial and otherwise) has been awesome. Small things go a long way and Visier really puts in the effort to create a positive employee experience. It was also really important for me to work on a great product that does positive work for the world, and Visier is exactly that! I am proud to be a Vizzie :)

Cons

I would love a 401K match . But other than that, no complaints.

Chief People Officer

Thanks for the recognising our pre boarding / onboarding process. We are really working hard to ensure that employees feel valued, safe and well which starts before the first day and continues through your career journey with us. We are working on our total rewards package to ensure we provide employees with a great place to work, strong career development and a competitive and rewarding package. One of our values is 'Never Stop Learning' and we will continue to review our employee experience to ensure Visier remains a great place to build and drive your career.

10. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Kinda slimy, and full of tone deaf executives.

21 Apr 2021 - Customer Success in Vancouver, BC
      Business Outlook

Pros

They're growing, and the company will likely do well if it ever makes it to IPO or sale. Despite Visier's size, we're lacking in so much process that a new face with enough determination might be able to implement system changes that become their own.

Cons

- Incredibly flat structure; upward movement in the company seems nearly impossible for some departments. In times where managerial roles were created, they were handed to friends of the managers (almost every story/ introduction begins with 'Oh, I worked with X back at SAP....'). - A year ago during the early days of COVID, the company announced that nobody should be worried and that we weren't considering layoffs. A month later, they laid off 40 people. In the town hall after, executives cried their crocodile tears about how hard this had been on them. When asked why they opted for a hard layoff instead of any of the softer options, they said this was the only one worth considering and they'd do it again if they had to. In other words: they'll maintain that nothing is wrong, then lay you off with no notice. Of greater concern is that some departments did their lay offs without even speaking with managers. They just deleted rows of employees without any consideration for how they worked, or their performance. - It feels like the company is mired in process/ red tape. The Customer success team is told to update a particular tool that nobody uses. Whenever we bring up that some of our processes seem bad (since the tool we're asked to update is ignored and we're just asked directly for the latest news on a client), we're told that there's no room for negotiation. - And despite the above, we're also too small to make process changes properly. It is not an overstatement to say that process changes every single month, and it's utterly exhausting. - There is no transparency when it comes to promotions. When asked about the process to becoming the next version of my role, management relayed that it would be considered in July 2022. No changes in behavior, or what responsibilities could be picked up; just stick around till then and MAYBE a promotion will happen. - Compensation is also opaque. There are two compensation events a year, a bonus in Feb, and a raise in July. Feb bonuses are based on company performance, which we are told has no connection to what we do. So regardless if I perform exceptionally, or if I just slacked off; the bonus is set with no negotiation. Raises are only done in July (a draconian rule that's pushed for some arbitrary reason that's never explained) and are 100% based on market rate. Again; your performance does not matter and there is no negotiation. You're simply told the market now thinks you're worth $X, and thats how much you're getting with coy hints to not spread information of your pay to anyone else. - Senior management is incredibly tone-deaf. One executive declared we never pay above 'market rate' because we only want to hire/ retain people who are dedicated to the mission of working here (an analytics company that peddles it's services to some really slimy clients). Another exec suggested that the reason he buys televisions is that he's a cutting-edge innovator, while the rest of us peasants just buy things when they break (because poverty is a character trait?). That same exec still insists that there are sexist jokes he can't tell because HR has cautioned him; then proceeds to tell them with a wink.

15 people found this review helpful

Chief People Officer

Every employee experience within a company is unique. We make employee feedback a priority at Visier (including regular confidential surveys so people feel comfortable voicing their concerns). Feedback counts at Visier. Feedback shapes our D&I programs, our Visier Values, Career Development programs and much more. We share feedback from those surveys publicly within our company. We are grateful for feedback in whatever venue, including public ones. We do, however, encourage direct dialog when employees have specific concerns. Our customers, partners, employees and potential future employees are all encouraged to learn more about Visier’s purpose and our culture. Here is just one of Visier’s Values: We are proud. We share pride in decisions we make, and the difference we make in the world.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews