A.S. Watson Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

A.S. Watson Group Interview Questions

Interviews at A.S. Watson Group

2.6

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group.

Interview

2 rounds of interview with Human Resources Department
    1 round of interview with direct reporting manager
    no quiz/ technical paper is done in the interview
    All rounds of interview is done within one day

Insight Analyst Interview

Interview

I hate to pile on bad reviews, but the whole process was a bit of a waste of time. The people were nice and the actual interviews quite pleasant, BUT... I completely understand what the other negative interview reviews are talking about. They have no respect for your time, the process is slow, unnecessarily long and unorganised and the communication very bad.
    Whole process took about a month and a half. After the standard communication with HR, I had a phone interview with a manager, quite standard, went through my CV and asked some questions about my experience. They then arranged a first stage face to face interview, which lasted about an hour, followed by a technical test. The interview was more of a chat, went through my CV again, talked in more detail about my experience. The technical test was ridiculous, had to write some code in a room with pen and paper, I could not believe people still do this!! Not fun trying to write a nested query in a tiny box with a pen!
    Anyway, they invited me for a second stage face to face interview, which took three weeks to arrange. Communication with HR was very difficult during that period of time, they would not reply to my emails for a week or more, or they would ask me a question and then disappear for 10 days.
    Then, the second stage face to face interview was finally arranged, including a second task, which was a business analyst type of presentation. It lasted one hour. By that time they had forgotten pretty much everything about me, so they asked me a lot of the same questions, went through my CV again, asked about my experience, etc.
    Then, 10 days of no communication again, I chased and they said they had decided not to proceed because I had failed the first stage technical test. I didn't even bother to ask why they had wasted my time and called me for a second stage interview.

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group.

Interview

Step 1) Send your resume
    Step 2) Take a basic listening test in Dutch
    Step 3) There is no interview process. They hire just about everyone who walks through the door.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2019.

Interview

You need to apply through their website first. After that, you will receive interview invitation. It was a group interview, you need to discuss with your groupmates and come up with a presentation with slides. They pay attention on how you are doing in the group. Conducted in Chinese.

Interview Questions

• ask you to have a group discussion on a selected topic. Mine was something like how to utilize the technology on retailing industry.   Answer Question

CRM Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (London, England).

Interview

Quick process.
    2 stages + attitudinal tests
    - one generic interview on prior experiences and details about the role
    - presentation of a case study (to be prepared at home before)
    - 3 tests: personality, numerical, text comprehension

Negative experience.
    The last interview has been a waste of time as, although the feedback on the presentation was positive, they decided I was not interested in the role (?).
    (Btw, I actually was very interested).
    Funny enough, the feeling of lack of interest is what I perceived during my time in the room: interview started 15 minutes late, vague questions, senior manager flicking through his iPad (hopefully he was looking at some notes he wrote for the interview), little time given at the end to ask quick questions. If they want candidates to show passion for the role, they should consider to show more interest for them in first place...

In addition to this, I think there has been little respect for my time. Concerns about the interest of the candidates for the role should be addressed in the first interview so to avoid them to spend time in preparing presentation and taking time off from work to attend a further interview.
    If doubts emerge after in the second stage, it could be worth to investigate the candidate motivations in more details, rather than asking generic questions on why they are interested in the job and then jump to conclusions without following up.

I have read a similar comment when I opened the app. They apologised and said they would have kept the feedback in consideration. It doesn’t seem they did.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about AS Watson?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience?   Answer Question
    • Case study consists in giving CRM tactics recommendations based on retailer’s performance   1 Answer

Privacy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group in February 2019.

Interview

Very time consuming process, took about two months, and after the final interview I had to chase them for a couple of weeks in order to receive an one-line email saying they devided to go with another candidate. There is a long assessment that takes about 3 hours to complete and quite long interviews with higher ranking staff. Final interview is a power point presentation.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online and submitted a 1-min video to introduce myself. After ard 3-4 weeks, I was invited to attend a group interview. 4 groups, 4 ppl per each, were asked to discuss 3 questions given a retail business scenario related to machine learning and research. With 20-min discussion, a 5-10 min presentation was required.

Senior Developer Interview

Interview

Met with HR/Recruitment Personnel before and after the interview and in between meeting each team leader where you are briefed about who you are meeting. Was also given a written exam.

Probably the best interview experience I have ever had. They know how to make the candidate feel comfortable in expressing themselves.

Interview Questions

• 1. What expectations do you have for your supervisor/manager?   1 Answer

Product Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sha Tin (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Sha Tin (Hong Kong)) in April 2018.

Interview

There are 2 sessions of interviews with HR manager and your team manager plus written testing to be finished within 45 min. They asked you questions in Cantonese, English and Mandarin.

International Buying Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at A.S. Watson Group (Zürich (Switzerland)) in March 2018.

Interview

First quick phone interview to know more about background and motivation.
    F2F interview with HR and person from related department. Really nice interview and people
    Ask to do a presentation 3 days before the interview.
    1 hour interview with presentation of the company, the department and the job question about background, motivation, personality, experiences...

Interview Questions

A.S. Watson Group Response

18 Apr 2018

Hi there and thank you for your review. It’s always hard for us to choose only one from several truly brilliant candidates, that’s why we’re extremely happy to hear you’ve enjoyed your overall candidate journey with us. Make sure you stay in touch! Again, we would like to thank you for taking your time and leaving us feedback and wish you all the best for the future.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.