A.S. Watson Group Reviews | Glassdoor.co.uk

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Dominic K. M. Lai

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great team spirit in Zurich and regular team building activities (in 5 reviews)

• Good pay & benefits, career progression, good work/life balance promoted, inspirational people, diversity embraced, "work hard play hard" mentality (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Chinese work culture can sometimes clash a bit with British (in 2 reviews)

1. "Short Review"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Multicultural environment
    Great Team
    Fast paced and proactive in change

Cons

Hong Kong influence on working environment.

23 Aug 2017

Hi there, and thanks a million for taking your time to leave us a review! At A.S. Watson we’re exceptionally proud of our multicultural nature and international expertise. That’s what makes us... More

2. "Supportive employer / great place to work"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time

Pros

ASW is a fast paced, dynamic and truly international company. It has fully supported both my professional and personal growth and given me a platform to progress in my career. It is people centric and treats its employees fairly and with respect. It's innovative and results driven which provides ongoing challenges and opportunities to grow.

Cons

Overall very good but could provide greater incentives for long service.

24 Aug 2017

Thank you for your feedback and remarkable rating. We’re extremely happy to hear about your successful journey with us so far, and wish you all the best for the future. Thanks a million!

3. "Forward thinking, people focused company - great to work for"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay & benefits, career progression, good work/life balance promoted, inspirational people, diversity embraced, "work hard play hard" mentality.

Cons

Can be a little corporate, not necessarily a "cool" brand to work for (and often unknown in Europe).

Advice to Management

Increase brand awareness of ASW (not just their brands). Become more flexible for younger generation.

24 Aug 2017

Thank you for such a brilliant review. We love the fact you’re enjoying ASW’s unique and inspirational culture and you’re totally right – we need to shout More about it!

To help us increase... More

4. "Great team, great culture"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team and environment in the London office, very open and honest culture. Senior managers/directors are very busy but approachable. Work-life balance is ok.

Cons

Very small teams means less space for growth, there's no place to step away from your desk to have lunch, flexible working could be improved.

Advice to Management

Rearranging/relocating the office should be considered - it's difficult to focus being stuck at your desk all day, there isn't always time to go out for lunch.

A.S. Watson Group Response

20 Jun 2017 – Head of HR Operations (Europe)

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and review. It's good to see that you mention our great team, senior management and culture of openness as particular positives. We will ensure that your comments... More

5. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

Pros

Great Team, good development and internal promotion and moves. Good culture and always lots to do.

Cons

Office facilities aren't up to standard. Could do with an upgrade on refresh of the office.

24 Aug 2017

Hi and thanks for 5 stars! We’re extremely happy you appreciate our culture, team spirit and the breadth of opportunities available at A.S. Watson Group. We’re particularly proud of these aspects... More

6. "Good company to work! Nice People!"

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible and cares about employees. Great people. Good collaboration among teams

Cons

The turnover rate of employee is very high therefore the promotions in the career is very slow.

24 Aug 2017

Hi there, and thank you for your feedback. At A.S. Watson our values help us shape how we think, feel and act; with focus and care for each other. That’s why it means a world to us seeing these... More

7. "Exciting company to be part of"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England

I have been working at A.S. Watson Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Huge global presence, if you work in a group function you get to interact with all the global business units. Retail is normally fast and ASW is no exception decisions get made rapidly and you can see your work implemented very quickly. Lots and lots of examples of people starting in junior roles and working their way to the top. Some great career opportunities.

Cons

Can be a cultural minefield but that's normal for any global organization. Due to the need to turn things around quickly some weeks will be very busy with some long hours required.

Advice to Management

Spend as much time as possible in the stores

24 Aug 2017

Thanks so much for your 5-star rating! We really appreciate your feedback and advice, especially with 10+ years of experience with A.S. Watson Group. It means a lot. Thank you.

"I like my job!"

Current Employee - Group CRM in London, England
    Current Employee - Group CRM in London, England

Pros

The team I work in is collaborative and welcoming. Office drama is kept to a minimum, and everyone behaves like adults. The work is varied, there are lots of opportunities to get involved with exciting things. People tend to leave the office on time.

Cons

Terrible coffee! And tea.
    Not enough toilets.
    Battersea isn't a particularly convenient place to get to.
    Chinese work culture can sometimes clash a bit with British work culture.
    A lot of archaic technology (moving all my email to an external folder every week since there's no storage, a shared desk phone for a whole team)

Advice to Management

The teams themselves are overall quite happy, but with a bit more office investment people would be able to do their jobs better.

2 Feb 2017

Thanks a lot for your great review. We are extremely happy to hear you’re really enjoying working at A.S. Watson. We take all the feedback very seriously and are strongly committed to working towards... More

9. "Exciting company with massive scope for career development"

Pros

Fabulous team: people in the office are real nice and willing to help.
    Invest in the people: spend time going through skill sets with staff and encourage continuous learning.
    Massive scope for career development: a huge international company with many opportunities and chances to relocate!

Cons

Structure and culture is hierarchical at times which takes time for information to feed through the communication chain.

Advice to Management

Provide a more flexible working schedule & staff benefits

2 Feb 2017

Thank you for your review – we really appreciate your feedback. We are thrilled to hear you’re enjoying your time with A.S. Watson and will continue to work as hard as we can towards improving our... More

10. "Warehouse Operative"

Former Employee - Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England
    Former Employee - Warehouse Operator in Dunstable, England

Pros

Stable long-term opportunity, safe working environment

Cons

Demanding workload, fast-paced environment, wages slightly below industry average

Advice to Management

Try to engage the employees on different levels

24 Aug 2017

Thank you for leaving us your feedback. Considering your location and function we believe you were part of one of our retail brands in the UK. To ensure your feedback gets to the right place we will... More