A.S. Watson Group Reviews

Updated Aug 6, 2022

Found 241 of over 321 reviews

3.2
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
  • "nice working environment and culture(in 21 reviews)

• "Fair working hours with work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very hard work, can be very long hours and asked to work(in 8 reviews)

• "Annual leave flexibility is limited(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people working well together

Cons

Can be pressured but rewarding

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us.

2. 2.0
      Former Employee

Wouldn't recommend

Jul 12, 2022 - Marketing in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hours aren't too bad

Cons

Terrible attitude to flexible working Senior leaders are terrified of Malina Despite forcing people back to the office, it isn't a fun place to be

1 person found this review helpful

Snr. Comms Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. Nonetheless, please be assured we regularly activate tools (such as the Colleague Engagement Survey) to understand what our colleagues would like to see. As a result, we introduced a Hybrid working model to the UK earlier this year. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic, outdated, poor management

Jul 9, 2022 - Designer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Discount on Superdrug and the perfume shop

Cons

Unwelcoming environment from day one. Management treat people like children, there is a lack of trust and you are watched every second, clocking in and out. You get a designer title but you end up being an art worker. You only amend projects that were done by someone else any from years ago. This is not explained prior you join the team neither reflects the job description. There is a toxic environment, and a unwillingness to accept changes. Management is too narrow minded and rude. Management is unwilling to even listen any possible suggestion. Management keep asking employees to give positive reviews here so I would not trust most of good reviews. Staff is constantly worry about loosing their jobs. This is not a very fair employer. And the worst company I have ever worked for. My time there was so unpleasant that I stoped buying anything on their stores.

Snr. Comms Coordinator

Hi there, we’re sorry to hear you didn’t enjoy your time with us. To help us look into this, please reach out to More@uk.aswatson.com, where a member of the People team will be happy to speak to you. Many thanks

4. 2.0
      Former Employee

Pros

Nice, friendly people Good work life balance Chilled place to work

Cons

Micro managed No progression opportunities No to little flexibility Highly structured and office based Lots of red tape

Snr. Comms Coordinator

Hi there, thank you for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our working environment, though we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy all aspects of your time with us. We encourage a strong feedback culture, such as the Colleague Engagement Survey, and are always looking for ways to improve our colleagues' journey from the feedback we receive. We have also implemented a variety of career progression schemes, such as Personal Development Plans, Career Pathways, and specialised Learning & Development training courses. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

5. 4.0