A.S. Watson Group Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2022

Found 189 of over 254 reviews

3.3
A.S. Watson Group Managing Director; Chairman, Hutchison Whampoa Limited  Dominic K. M. Lai (no image)
Dominic K. M. Lai
Pros
  • "nice working environment and culture(in 21 reviews)

• "Fair working hours with work-life balance(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Very hard work, can be very long hours and asked to work(in 8 reviews)

• "Annual leave flexibility is limited(in 6 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Company

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great people working well together

Cons

Can be pressured but rewarding

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying your time with us.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee

was ok

Nov 10, 2021 - Sales Advisor in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of hours available to work

Cons

pay wasn't that good for my age range

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review. Based on your job role, we believe you work for one of our Business Units, rather than Group. Nonetheless, we appreciate your feedback.

3. 2.0

Poor senior mangement

Oct 20, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dunstable, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good office set up and benefits

Cons

Lacks strategic direction Poor senior management

4. 4.0

Great Team, Friendly Environment

Sep 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

A nice place to work with friendly/ approachable teams and great learning & development opportunities.

Cons

There are limited flexible working opportunities

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We're glad you enjoyed our culture and L&D opportunities. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 10 years

during the last year they are squeezing everyone worth for the money they pay

Sep 6, 2021 - IT Infrastructure Engineer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

easy location to find and commute

Cons

no progression, no training, overloaded with work and feeling under pressure all the time

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you were feeling overloaded at the end of your time with us. We aim to encourage a culture where colleagues feel comfortable voicing any concerns to managers, and we implement regular training sessions with managers so they can more easily identify topics such as heavy workloads. Nonetheless, we will take your feedback on board! Thank you for your 4-star rating, we wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

6. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Culture of fear dictated from the CEO

Sep 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The colleagues are passionate and go the extra mile

Cons

The CEO (Malina Ngai) runs every aspect of the business and does so in a way that senior leaders fear for their jobs and are unwilling to say no. To challenge her means you are then marginalised, treated unrespectfully, and usually fired. The HR directors and MDs of the business units are impotent infront of her and this is why so many people are leaving

Comms Coordinator

Thank you for your review. We work hard to create an innovative working environment driven by teamwork, so we’re sorry to hear you didn’t experience this in your role. From the Employee Engagement Survey, to cross-department meetings, we are committed to understanding what our colleagues want and implementing changes wherever possible. If you would like to discuss in More detail, please email More@uk.aswatson.com. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee

Asian Culture is the key

Aug 13, 2021 - Project Manager in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Their learning and development is endless

Cons

They do not have enough international mentality

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Toxic environment and no room for creativity or innovative ideas

Sep 15, 2021 - ELab Designer in London, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some friendly colleagues. working with people from different backgrounds.

Cons

There is a toxic environment cause my the way the team is managed. Management are more interested in finding someone to blame for a mistake instead of focusing on finding a solution and teaching the team in a more positive way. People are constant overworked and pulling many over hours. So this company has a terrible life work balance. Business unities are very disorganised which leads to miscommunication an adds up to the volume of work as everything is decided last minute. Very narrow minded management that is afraid to implement, consider or even to listen new ideas that could proved beneficial to the team. Archaic systems and way of working. Bonus package is a big joke. There not a specific way of measuring success so you end up not getting you full bonus package as the company try to save money. If you think you will be a designer, this is a big mistake. You would end up being an artwork in a company that is more interested in quantity then quality. A reason why some business unities were performing so badly. ("The way the company is going, the are caring more about quantity instead of quality" - manager quote). Everything is templated, from emails to online advertisement. So there is no much room for creativity. Making the role a Artwork role than a Designer role. Some teams behave that to be feed up and tired of working for this company. It is not a very collaborative environment. Some people are more busy then others

Comms Coordinator

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your time with us. We regularly implement tools such as the Employee Engagement Survey and training courses (for both colleagues and managers) to create a positive environment. Nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback and will take this on board. We wish you the best of luck in future endeavours.

9. 4.0

Superdrug

Jul 26, 2021 - Part-time Sales Advisor in Luton, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Cosmetics and skincare aisle - interact with customers - good environment Caring colleagues

Cons

Beauty cards - unrealistic expectations by Area managers Some customers do not like to be asked more than twice for a beauty card.

Comms Coordinator

Hi there, Thank you for your review. We can see you worked for one of our business units, but we are so glad you enjoyed your time overall. We wish you the best of luck in the future.

10. 1.0
      Current Employee

Sales

Aug 16, 2021 - Sales Advisor in Wickford, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Not much at all terrible really.

Cons

terrible functions in all departments. Hr does not care.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 189 Reviews