ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated 11 Oct 2018

2.1

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Was so easy going , a couple of informal questions. The interviewee made me feel so very relaxed and at ease. Straight forward questioning. We couldn’t do the group tasks as they had a induction day present so we just introduced ourselves and then done have a go and interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about spending time alone whilst at work.   3 Answers

Night Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA in April 2008.

Interview

the interview process was called the olympics and consisted of a full day of assessment. this day included games on a group stage, problem solving as a group, scenarios, a one on one interview, a maths test and fiding out about the company itself. when i recieved confirmation of passing this day i then had to go to the store i would be working at for an interview with the store manager and personnel manager.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company that will improve it?   Answer Question

Optical Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Edinburgh, Scotland) in May 2015.

Interview

A group interview was conducted several days after hearing that my application was successful. there were group activities one of which was to build a tower out of straws and blue tack. We were to introduce ourselves to the people around us. Then I was taken for a more formal 1 to 1 interview were I was asked more formal yet usual competency questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you triumphed over a difficult task.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA in November 2017.

Interview

A group of other candidates and I sat around a table and in pairs, we had to find out some key facts about our partner and introduce them to the group. Staff running this session were welcoming and friendly. We filled in forms stating our availability and our preferred areas to work in i.e warehouse, shop floor, checkouts. We were then taken down to the shop floor and had a go at sorting the shelves, making sure the shelves were neat etc.
    We were then invited for 1-1 interviews over the next few days.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview- HR staff asks you about behaviour questions
    Assessment center- Team collaborations and presentations, 30 mins to prepare for the presenations and group discussion session
    Manager Interview- Technical and behaviour questions, easiest part

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview processs was rather easy and straight forward with general interview questions. It consisted of a telephone-interview and then a case-related face to face interview. This was slightly harder and you should be well prepared. I got rejected, but I think I could have gone through if I knew more about the company before the interview.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England).

Interview

Got invited to an ASDA magic event and were in a room were asked to partner up and find things out about the person next to us. Then had to do a team building exercise to make the tallest tower. Very informal.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.