ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated 13 Oct 2017

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

There are three stages to the interview. The first stage is a group activity where you have to sell a product by coming up with a song or jingle. The second stage is actively working on the shop floor. The third stage is the one to one interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the store doing well and what could it improve on?   1 Answer

Home and Leisure Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sutton, London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Sutton, London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online to be invited to a magic session. We had to do a person bingo with other people in the group session to get to know people ect. Then we had to make a tower out of newspaper in groups to show how we communicated with each other and how we overcome issues. Then we had to go round the store and pick out good and bad points alongside taking note of the new seasonal stuff and if you notice any of the old season stuff. Finally, it finished with a one on one interview. Just remember they hire for personality train for skill so just be yourself and let your personality shine!

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you have given/received good customer service   Answer Question
    • How can you contribute to saving money for the company   Answer Question
    • Have you ever hosted an event and were you dissapointed with it at any point   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you didn't see eye to eye with an individual but you had to arrange birthday plans for a mutual friend and they dismissed everything you said consistently   Answer Question
    • With your position now what would you say is the same and different in relation to the position you are applying for   Answer Question

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leigh, North West England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Leigh, North West England, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Filled in online applucation interview was fun and friendly four applicants five on recruitment panel had to introduce person next to me they had to introduce me task was to save the egg on a budget using paper bowl balloon elastic bands cellotape then had tour ofvthe store then had one to one interview

Shop Floor Assistant - Chilled Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Edinburgh, Scotland) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview had us show up and present a government verified ID and our national insurance numbers. Both had to be verified and in date. Those who didn't have it in paper form had to leave! Bring your papers!

Then there was us in the "Asda magic" interview where we wrote a few things about our selves and someone next to us had to read it and introduce us. After that, we "sold" an Asda own brand item to someone. It took about twenty minutes as we had a small group. Then we filled in our time available on a sheet and went home. A few days later I got word to come back for a 1-1 interview. Here I was asked more formal questions.

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England) in September 2017.

Interview

Was so easy going , a couple of informal questions. The interviewee made me feel so very relaxed and at ease. Straight forward questioning. We couldn’t do the group tasks as they had a induction day present so we just introduced ourselves and then done have a go and interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I feel about spending time alone whilst at work.   1 Answer

Checkout Interview

Interview

I originally applied online for a part time checkout job online, 4 weeks later I got a call inviting me to the magic assessment.
    I had never done a group interview before and safe to say I were terrified!
    Was around 2 of us in a room, first we had to find out about the person next to us and then relay what we found out back to the group - easy enough.
    Next we were split into 4 groups and had to design a sweet bar and someone from each group had to explain the concept to the others. (I decided to do this and this probably got me bonus points!)
    The next morning I got a call to come in for a 1 to 1 interview for the same day and was told there and then the only vacancy available was on the deli counter, I still took this as it was better pay than my job now and wanted to get into the company!
    I was then called around 2 hours after and offered the job!
    I worried about nothing, the interview was absolutely fine and not terrifying at all. Be chatty and try to get noticed and you will do fine!
    Looking forward to my welcome day next week.

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hull, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Hull, England) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had to complete two tests based around customer interaction in addition to the usual declaration regarding right to work and unspent convictions etc. I was then invited to participate in an ASDA Magic session at the store. At other stores this involves teambuilding exercises, however at this mid-size store it only entailed an interview and having a go at the role. We were informed of the outcome by telephone less than an hour after the end of the process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you received excellent customer service   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.