ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated 22 Jun 2018

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

George Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Watford, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (North Watford, England).

Interview

Arrived for the Asda magic, as you hear often from the others, the session was very relaxed and welcoming. they ask you to introduce a person next to you, and you are given enough time to ask in a relax time and wright the answers an a sheet of paper.
    Because it was so relaxed, everyone started to chat to each other.
    The one to one was after the magic session and was very relaxed and friendly.
    In the Asda session as asked to look at a product and try to sell it to others. the session was so relaxed that everyone did well, one of the assessors the main person said I was the best, I didn't expect that because I am usually not good at standing up to do things like this, I think the session brought the best of me and the others.
    The only thing I say it is all very relaxing. and the assessors very down to earth and lovely.

Interview Questions

• If you see a customer eating on the shop floor what would you do?   Answer Question

Bakery Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview Induction for a day; then taken for verbal interview

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA (Newport, Newport, Wales) in June 2018.

Interview

The whole process took about one week, I applied online and received an invitation to the Asda Magic interviews, it took roughly 4 hours to complete everything.

I was the only boy out of around 10 people (everyone got the jobs though, must've been understaffed).

Began with icebreaker activities by talking to the person to your left, asking their name, where they've travelled to and somewhere you have both been. Then two group activities, first sent on to the shop floor to spot summer promotions and how they're displayed and secondly given a product and asked what it is, how it's used, pros and cons etc.

After this, we were given roles related to what they thought we would be good at and what our preferences was (My first choice was home/leisure) and sent with colleagues to have a go, me and two others who wanted home & leisure were helping a lad with deliveries and seeing how to put stock out (basic retail stuff).

During this have a go process, people were being plucked for their 1on1s which were extremely calm and friendly, all the management staff involved were lovely to talk to and the interview was the same, very basic questions.

We were all invited back in at the end of the day to be told we were all successful, can't wait to start tomorrow.

(Seasonal, i'm a university student).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a process you have changed for better efficiency/success, and did it work?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have successfully worked in a team   Answer Question
    • Give an example of good customer service you have personally received   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you have given customer service multiple times to the same customer   Answer Question

Night Grocery Colleague Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackwood, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Blackwood, Wales) in June 2018.

Interview

Group interview, very easy and enjoyable. They are looking for someone who is being themselves, and interacts with people well.
    One to one was good easy and very relaxed.

Store Collegue Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA in June 2018.

Interview

The application was processed online. I received an email eleven days later confirming my invitation to the 'Asda Magic' event. You are sent a link to book your 'Asda Magic' appointment online. There was a choice of two dates available. The event took place at the Asda store that I had applied for.

You are asked to sign in at the customer service desk. A store colleague took us to the staff room. There were six people in total attending the same interview. An Asda employee came in and collected us and took us all to one of the offices. We were sat down in allocated seats.

There were four people from various roles within the store who took notes whilst the 'Asda Magic' even took place. The first task was to talk to the person next to you and find out about them and then to relay the information and introduce that person to the rest of the group.

The second task was to 'purchase' items with an imaginary £5 note and build a safety structure for an egg. The egg would be thrown from an unknown height The team who had spent the least and managed to keep the egg intact would 'win' the game. For this task, the group was split into two groups of three.

The final task was to make a list of seasonal items ready for a summer party or gathering. We were lead to the shop floor and asked to locate those items as a group. We had to then talk individually about our findings - regarding promotional items, low stock items, price tags, offers, deals etc.

At the end, we were finally given an 'hours' sheet to fill in. This outlined the hours we would like to work, the sections in the store that we could work in and preferred to work in (clothing, till work, produce etc.)

If successful, we would then be called in for an individual interview at a later date.

Store Colleague Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

It was very good and it was an easy process. I had to do a group task then go on shop floor then we had individual interviews. I didn't get it because I wasn't expanding on answers; I was nervous. Just be relaxed because it's easy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Attended the "ASDA Magic" day along with 8 others. Due to the previous session running over time we were told that there were not going to be any group activities. There was a short theory test that we had to complete on the computer and then a face-to-face interview which was very basic.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.