ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASDA Interview Questions

Updated 8 Dec 2017

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (London, England).

Interview

The interview was degrading, it was a group interview but nobody asked us about our ability to do the job, we literally just had to act out a silly "bad customer service scenario" just so they could tell us "this isn't how we do things at asda"
    Nobody questioned us on experience or anything relevant, i was offered a job at the end which i accepted but when i got to work it wasn't the job I'd applied for, i lasted less than a week before i couldn't mentally or physically handle it. Great if you need money quickly and aren't having luck with other jobs, but so much if you can afford to be picky.
    I turned down 2 other job offers for this one, what a mistake that was!

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Barrhead, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Barrhead, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

I completed the online assessment and a week later i received an email to book a time for the asda magic assessment event. The magic assessment involved role play, getting to know you and uniform sizes etc. Then i got through to a one to one interview. Very casual. I wore black jeans and a shirt/dressy top with pumps.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time that i received good customer service.   Answer Question

Personal Shopper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ferring, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Ferring, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was invited to an Asda Magic event at the store where the position was approximately 2 weeks later. The Magic event was a pleasant experience and presented by the HR Manager. We were asked to find out certain things from the person sat next to us and afterwards present our findings to the group. During this we were observed by a Manager who made notes as we chatted. We were then asked to go out onto the shop floor with the Manager for 15 minutes. During this time we had to locate "Winter" promotions, speak to colleagues, customers, observe processes and find anything in store that we thought was under par and could be improved. On return to the training room we did a flip chart presentation of our findings to the group. We then completed a form confirming our availability and told what jobs were currently vacant. We also had to give 1st and 2nd choices for positions. We were told that if we were not successful on this occasion we would receive an email from Asda. If we had made it through to the next stage we would receive a phone call from HR. I was phoned just after I got home and invited to an interview next day with a Manager. I was offered a position which was my 2nd choice. The reason for this was the hours that I was available to work best fitted with this position.

Interview Questions

• The questions were fairly general. I answered honestly and logically.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Solihull, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Solihull, England) in November 2017.

Interview

Situational test online and then invited to an Asda Magic Event. Played a group bingo to break the ice and then came up with ideas on how to get involved with the community and charity at Christmas. Taken to look around the store and to pick out things that could be improved and what was good. Discussed ideas about the stores and then had a 1 on 1 interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you received negative feedback and how did you respond to it?   Answer Question
    • When has there been a time that you have given good customer service?   Answer Question
    • When has there been a time when you haven't gotten along with someone and what did you do?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at ASDA in November 2017.

Interview

Asda Magic Recruitment Day: a group interview where the applicants are divided into groups and given short tasks, like deciding how a budget should be allocated, and how the store could better promote seasonal offers. Very relaxed and friendly.

If successful in the Magic Recruitment you are called for a one-on-one interview, which includes a 15/20 minute practical on the shop floor (shelf stacking/tidying). Again, you are immediately put at ease, and, in my case, the interviewer was very friendly and patient.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel if a customer was upset because his/her favourite brand of cereal was out of stock?   Answer Question
    • Why is it important to keep costs low?   Answer Question
    • Name an occasion that you've given/received great customer service.   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA in November 2017.

Interview

Brief introduction (everyone talk to another one and ask some questions such as: something interesting about you, favourite food and so on and then you are introduced by someone and you introduce someone else). 15 min in the store in group to find 3 good example of cx service and one thing that can be improved. Back in the room, every group present its own idea. End of the day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leyton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Leyton, England) in November 2017.

Interview

I was crap you can tell they were not bothered in the process, as there were 11 of us and I read everywhere that it will involve group task, role plays, etc. I prepared for some questions also. All we freaking did was find out three things about the person next to you (mind you someone came late and had to join me and another candidate which kind of messed up the flow of things, it was three having to find out stuff about each other) then say it back to the group. Ten we filled out forms and went to the shop floor where we had to stack shelves for a 40 mins (free labour) they were barely watching us, my knees were hurting and my back. They then called us back in the room but I overheard some of the other candidates asking other if they called them for a 1 to 1 interview as we were stacking shelves. At the very moment I knew I didnt get the job as they didnt call to interview. After they got some free manual labour we told that if we were successful we would get an email to come in for induction and if we were unsuccessful we would not hear anything from them (which isquite stupid I mean at least let people know if they are unsuccessful). This is where they really took the micky as 4 days after the asda tragic assessment i received an email from asda and I immediately thought despite my thoughts and not being interviewed that I got the since they said if we were successful we would get an email. The freaking email said 'sorry you have been unsuccessful' as soon as I saw those words I deleted the email and got rid of anything ASDA (don't get me wrong i'm glad they told me I was unsuccessful but don't play with my emotions). After the whole experience I feel that any company that wastes an hour of your time should pay you.

Interview Questions

• Where do you currently work?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the role?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.