ASDA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

ASDA Interview Questions

Interviews at ASDA

2.1

Checkout Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Ipswich, NH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (New Ipswich, NH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Very smooth. Got in touch quickly and with feedback. Applied online and was invited to an "ASDA Magic" session (group interview). Had to undergo an ambiguous task as a group. Was thrn invited back to a 1-to-1 interview which seemed relaxed and I didn't feel under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lewis, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Lewis, NY (US)) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring manager cam forthwith into the room with a series of competency base questions and machinate questions on bakery techniques including the rise height of Hovis brown bread in the oven after 45 min with 2 ounces of yeast. Also to discuss the implications of rising fuel prices in Bwindi Uganda.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was not able to negotiate.

Shop Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at ASDA (Stevenage, England).

Interview

Filled out the application online and got invited to an assessment day about a week later. The day comprised of a few group exercises and an individual interview. They asked the usual behavioural questions, such as "tell me a time you have delivered excellent customer service" etc.

Interview Questions

• When have you provided excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Graduate Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Applied via a form online at the start of December 2019, received an email at the end of January 2020 saying I wasn't successful in the process. Received an email in mid-February 2020 inviting me to a video interview (note - this was not an interview with a human, it was simply recording yourself answering some basic competency questions) and to complete a 3 hour programming/coding test - including 2 languages they said were just "desirable" rather than required. It's very unlikely that anyone at this stage will be competent in all 3 languages to the standard they are asking. It is now mid-March 2020 and I haven't heard anything back. I withdrew my application having received a job offer from elsewhere. Throughout the whole process, I have had absolutely no human contact.

Interview Questions

• Which of ASDA's 5 key values do you think is most important and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ASDA.

Interview

Contacting you by phone confirming the application and following conformation of the interview. Interview details send by email. Attending the interview and discussing the job. Explanation given about every aspect of the position applied for and then given the opportunity to ask if anything unclear. After passing the interview you are getting a confirmation if you are getting an offer or you haven't being successful on the interview.

Store Associate Interview

Interview

There was an online application form (extensive human resource style questions and background info) followed by an hour long phone interview followed up by an assessment centre day - full day with other candidates. On completion I waited 3 days for a telephone offer.

General Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury St Edmunds, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ASDA (Bury St Edmunds, England).

Interview

A group of us were interviewed all at once. We had to sit in one room and were divided into teams. We then had lots of nonsense team "games" and "tasks" to participate in. If you passed this stage, you then moved on to an individual interview.

Finance Graduate Interview

Interview

Initial application form and online tests. The application form was simple and just required information about yourself, background and qualifications. The online tests included numerical reasoning, verbal reasoning and situational judgement. I thought these were quite hard and I didn't succeed with my application.

Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ASDA (Edinburgh, Scotland).

Interview

Was a relaxed interview for asda was a group task then an individual interview, all the usual interview stuff, made to feel at ease all in all a stress free interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.