Abbott Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Abbott Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Abbott

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Plano, TX (US)).

Interview

Applied online. Internal recruiter contacted me about a week later to schedule a call with the hiring manager. Conducted a short (about 30 minute) phone interview with the hiring manager a couple days later. Was contacted the following day to schedule video interview with 8 people, which consisted of 2-2.5 hour video interviews each across 2 days. All the interviews all went great. Everyone was very personable and each interview was very conversational and comfortable. Everyone I met with stated what a great fit I would be for the position and the team. I sent a thank you email immediately after all the interviews ended and received a very positive response, but after that I was completely ghosted. I attempted to follow up with a couple emails sent a couple weeks apart, but received no response. After over a month I finally called the internal recruiter, who seemed very annoyed with my call. She did finally respond a few days later that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate. While I appreciate a company who promotes from within, there is no excuse to complete ghost a candidate who spent a lot of time and energy to go through their interview process.

Advice to Abbott - your candidates deserve follow up after their investment of time and energy to go through the interview process. It is unprofessional to not at least send a generic thanks but no thanks email after a lengthy interview process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Abbott

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Abbott Park, IL (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

Applied online through their career website the process took about 3 weeks in total. Each step was about a week, had a phone interview with HR and hiring manager and an onsite interview with 3 people at Abbott Park (30 min/person). Nice experience, friendly people, and a straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• Company has standard HR behavior interview question and manager might have specific question related to expertise . Why Abbott?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview by the manager followed by an onsite interview. HR called on the same day offering the position. The whole process took 4 weeks. Nice interview, but had to leave after a few months due to poor culture!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Abbott in October 2014.

Interview

Interview process started with a recruiter phone call to set up actual phone interview with the hiring manager. If the call goes well, in person interview is set up and confirmation is sent via email by the recruiter with the hiring manager copied. It was nice that the recruiter included documents that helped understand the company background a bit more and a list of names of who would be on the interview panel. The in person interview was scheduled for 2 hours with two separate interview panels.

Interview Questions

• What area of your career do you want to focus on growing?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Abbott (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

Pretty straight forward questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abbott Park, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Abbott (Abbott Park, IL (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

Received an itinerary of the day, very organized.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

One phone interview with a recruiter followed by a face to face interview with a hiring manager and a functional manager (two people). Went through the resume. A few questions on methodology and tools. Nothing too technical. I was given minimal info about projects.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Abbott.

Interview

Online video interview - you record responses to questions within a time limit, followed by in-person interview with HR & manager. Typical mix of personality interview questions and some related more specifically to job duties. Lots of opportunities to ask questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Abbott (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

Bit lengthy process but good interview panels and questions. HR communication is good. 5 rounds of interview with difficulty from simple to tough. One has to have knowledge of the subject for which he/she is applying

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Abbott (Mumbai (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. However, the Talent acquisition group was very negative and did not know how to talk. The entire conversation only made you feel to not take up this job even though the interview and role was good.
    The compensation which would not work for me was explained in the beginning of the interview and yet after wasting my time in multiple rounds they came back with the same compensation that I had initially rejected.

Interview Questions

• They wanted to know how i would effectively manage a project.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.