Absolute Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Absolute Interview Questions

Interviews at Absolute

2.8

Product Role Interview

Interview

I was reached out by an internal recruiter for a product role. The phone interview went very well. In the end, I was told by the recruiter that a follow-up meeting would be scheduled with speak the hiring manager.

Well, that was two months ago. I followed up a couple of times with no reply.

I understand that this is not a normal time; however, I am expecting as a matter of being professional to get at least a single line to tell me No. Simply ghosting candidates are bad for the company brand as well as the recruiter personally. Don't you think we might cross paths in the future with the shoe on the other foot?

Interview Questions

• The usual stuff. tell me about yourself. Asked about one of my past projects.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Absolute in January 2020.

Interview

Absolute takes a lot of time in the investment in their employees to ensure they have the right fit for the role as well as the company. The interview took about 4 months total due to getting on everyone's calendar. Although a lengthy process it was well worth it when I received the offer to be a part of such an amazing company.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your current role has prepared you for Absolute.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

My experience was Absolutes' hiring/interview process was thorough, thoughtful, complete and streamlined. I spoke with managers in both the Public sector (SLED) and Enterprise groups. Ultimately I joined the Enterprise group.

Interview Questions

• Describe how your previous successes and experience will translate in to success with Absolute?   Answer Question

Account Manager, VSB Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

Everyone was great and on top of everything. They were very quick about getting me scheduled for interviews (even thru QBR week) . Answering all of my questions if I had any. Everyone I spoke to was very friendly .

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about your experiences that can relate to this job?   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Absolute (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I spoke with two different women: a VP and a Channel Account Manager. They were both very polite and personable. We met in their offices in the Domain in a standard conference room and then a smaller personal office.

Interview Questions

• Q: What's your greatest strength/biggest weakness.   1 Answer

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute (Austin, TX (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

I had an initial phone call screening, and then 4 interviews following that were a mix of in-person and video conference. I always had clear expectations of when to expect follow up responses and what the next steps looked like in the interview process. Scheduling conflicts (myself included) spread out the total interview time so it wasn't particularly rapid, but still maintained a sense urgency throughout which was appreciated as a candidate.

Data Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute.

Interview

1 phone screen, 1 onsite with 3 different employees/ managers. They are very nice, just go through the resume, answer basic questions about your resume. Tell them a story about yourself, and you will get the offer. The hiring manager will tell you right the way if they want to hire you.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Recruiter called me day after receiving application. After a couple screening questions he told me that the hiring manager would reach out the next day or the middle of the following week.

It's been two weeks and no follow up or communication since that screening call.

Next time, make sure to tell the applicant that the hiring manger "may" reach out or have some sort of follow up.

Technical Support Analyst Level II Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Absolute.

Interview

Received a call from the recruiter. Initially screening went well. Over two weeks went by and I received a call from the recruiter again. She informed me that I qualified to come in and take an on-site skill set assessment. We scheduled for the next available time slot (a week out).

I arrived at their location, but no one was around and the office was dark. I walked in and stood there for 5 minutes. No receptionist and the lights were off. Called the recruiter, but went to voice mail (recurring theme with recruiter). After 5 minutes, a woman approached me and was surprised I was able to walk in the office without their card reader preventing me from accessing their main lobby (apparently I was supposed to ring a doorbell/no one informed me of this. I took the test and left. Gentleman who gave the assessment was very polite.

Another week passed with no word. Then, at the 11th hour on a Friday (again), after assuming the worst, I received word that the assessment went well. She then requested a follow-up interview with an IT admin from Vancouver. Scheduled the call and five days later I spoke with the interviewer. Basic administration/network questions. I enjoyed speaking with this individual the most as he was the most personable. A week passed and then received a call at the 11th hour on a Friday that I was chosen for a third interview with a senior level IT individual located in Europe. A few days later I spoke with him over the phone and the interview, as previously performed, went very well. He thanked me for my time and stated he looked forward to speaking with me further.

I never heard anything from anyone ever again at this organization. The recruiter never returned my calls (2 VM left) or my email left over the course of two weeks. I originally anticipated a return call within a 2 week span due to the sporadic intervals of communication and lack of consistency. She never picked up when I called and would only call back the next day or even days later. The recruiter gave me great feedback, providing flattery and confidence-inspiring reassurance over the lifespan of the interview process when we did speak. She would make a great sales person, not a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What is the significance of 255.255.255.0?   1 Answer

Investigative Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Absolute (Miami, FL (US)) in May 2009.

Interview

Very pleasant interview. Initial contact was through a friend who knew one of the hiring managers who ten contacted me. Hiring process seemed to be based upon recommendation from a trusted source. I believe that the process may have to change as the company becomes larger as there will be a point when recommendations do not work.

Negotiation

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.