Admiral Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Admiral Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Admiral Group

International Business Development Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group.

Interview

Interview was professional.
    3 interviews in total.
    In my first 2 interviews, I was told I had relevant skills.
    After my 3rd interview, I was informed that I was overqualified and would find the role not challenging.
    Hence a very strange experience!! Also seemed that interviewer was extremely uncomfortable with technology. Given the insurance industry is undergoing a tech revolution, the whole 3rd interview experience was strange. The third interview was with C-level executive.

Interview Questions

• Talk us through your career to date etc. etc.

Why Admiral etc?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online had a telephone interview then was asked to attend a meet and greet which was 4 hours long. First hour was talk about the company and then you need to go into pairs then do an ice breaker then you asked questions about the business in pairs to answer. The recruitment officer seemed to have already taken a favoritism approach to one of the lads who just left uni and a older women who used to work for tgem in the past. Then for 2 and a half hours you listen to a current claims handler in the phone. Within these 3 and half hours I saw alot of passive aggressive personalities from current staff which made me question if I want to be there. A manager said that it's crazy and they would look else where for job if they could and they are banned from interviewing as they put people off. When I was listening to the handler they said that they waste their time each day. So again do I really want to be in this environment? I dont think so. Then you do a telephone test where you take a call from manager and have to follow instructions on 4 bits of paper and you get the call randomly weather you are ready or not. I was not they gave me 3 seconds to read the 4 page instruction. Then you back and listen to more calls for 20mins or so then 121 interview with the operations manager and a team leader. Strange 121 interview as they didn't seem to want ask when they said *excuse me whilst I text from my mobile* again do i want this type atmosphere in my life? So I carried on and was asked basic questions. After the 4 hours I really didn't want the job.

Interview Questions

• What celebrity inspires you?   1 Answer
    • How would you feel if other staff was involved in a game e.g. a hot dog competition before your shift started and you wasn't involved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Newport, Newport, Wales) in August 2018.

Interview

Meet and Greet lasted around 3 hours, you were paired up and asked to tell something about your partner, you are then put on the floor listening in on calls, Then a one to one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in January 2017.

Interview

fun and interesting - look for the person hidden underneath the nerves and bring them to the forefront. The process is always phone interview followed by 1-2-1 interview - group activity included

Collections Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in December 2018.

Interview

Short and friendly. Asked questions relating to the type of working environment you would like to work in and previous experience and why you want to work there etc. Two panel interview with a team leader and a team manager.

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group.

Interview

I had a task to respond to, which I was asked to present at the beginning of the interview. Then followed a formal interview Q&A. It lasted approx one hour.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application (was a simple CV submission - now it is a form). Followed by a telephone interview which consisted of questions on the company and yourself. Finally a face to face interview. The first half is a maths and English test and the second half is an hour of questions with a panel of two managers.

Interview Questions

• If you had £50,000 to start up a new company where would you put the money and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in November 2017.

Interview

The initial stage was an online application.
    Next stage was a Skype interview. This lasted about 45 minutes in total. There were no trick questions and the interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult people?
      Do you prefer to work in a team or by yourself?   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview pace was quite relaxed. Nothing too technical, only generic questions on how one could use data to drive value.
    They say they do not necessarily require you to understand the insurance market, but at the same time all their questions are based on case studies from the industry. Take time to explore that if you really want the job.

Interview Questions

• Give five project ideas that could drive value to the business using Machine Learning.   Answer Question
    • Without access to additional information, what would you ask a customer before quoting a price for a house insurance?   Answer Question
    • Describe a DS project aimed at a non-specialist audience.   Answer Question

Graduate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Admiral Group (Cardiff, Wales) in December 2017.

Interview

Application asking general question i.e. why Admiral, why this role
    Online maths test,
    1:1 Skype interview, asking why I chose this university, why this role, what type of person I am
    Face-to-face interview followed by another maths test

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.