Admiral Group Reviews

Found 370 of over 396 reviews

4.1
Admiral Group Group CEO Milena Mondini de Focatiis
Milena Mondini de Focatiis
Pros
  • "Many benefits working for the company such as a share scheme and also regular events to celebrate the work we do(in 31 reviews)

• "Free fruit, great atmosphere and company morals(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Salary could be more competitive, though good overall package and loyalty is rewarded through benefits such as shares(in 25 reviews)

• "Low pay, long hours, lots of change(in 14 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

very good

17 Jun 2021 - Customer Loyalty Representative in Newport, Newport, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

they really value their employees, the pay is good and once probation is passed overtime is available and you get sales commission too

Cons

the training is hardcore, its difficult but they do it well

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great place to work (mostly)

15 Jun 2021 - Graduate Program in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Admiral's culture is absolutely fantastic. During the past year and a half the business has done an incredible job of making everyone feel valued and secure in their job while working from home which is a massive achievement. I really enjoy my job and that's down to the people and the way we are always made to feel included, like we are part of something bigger.

Cons

The business needs to catch up in terms of tech. We are moving in the right direction but we are still slow to adopt and reticent to change when it comes to the tech we use and how we use it. Pay is also an area which needs to get better. The pay is slightly below the average for the sector and the business would benefit from a more competitive pay policy.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 4.0
      Current Employee

Generally a good place to work

26 May 2021 - Project Manager in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good culture and encouragement to bond with your team - Admiral advocate having fun as well as working hard to achieve good results. Good opportunities to develop if you know where to look. Good at innovating and looking for new ways to attract and retain customers. Treat staff well on the whole, especially during Covid and setting up home working as quickly as they could. Also they have been good with putting our health and safety at the top of the priority, rather than forcing or rushing people back into the office.

Cons

It can be difficult to find opportunities to develop unless you look - you're not recommended for roles based on your performance, goals and ambitions. The pay and benefits are also seriously in need of a review as I do not feel the pay is truly in line with how well we perform. I imagine a lot of our competitors pay a lot more for the same job. Also the benefits needs a revamp. As Admiral doesn't have a salary banding scale, there is a lack of transparency on where you are pitched against others that you work with. There can also be favouritism and difficulties with fitting in, especially when you are diverse in a predominately 'white' department.

Recruitment

Hi, Thanks for taking the time to leave your review. We’re sorry to hear you're unhappy with some aspects of the role. We are always looking at ways to improve and so appreciate your honest feedback. Please feel free to contact us with further information to help us improve to ensure Admiral continues to be a great place to work . Our contact details are - workwithus@admiralgroup.co.uk. Thanks, Sam

4. 5.0

I hope I never have to leave Admiral

4 May 2021 - Engagement Officer in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

The culture here is incredibly supportive, collaborative and innovative. No idea is unexplored and no question is ever a bad question. I had very little experience joining my new team but they made me feel so welcome immediately and I was able to add value in the first week. I've taken advantage of opportunities for new qualifications here which is very motivating. There is also no hierarchy so everyone is incredibly approachable, which really helps confidence boosting. I feel so grateful to work in a company that prioritises well being and has created an environment full of genuinely good people, and that is something I hope I never have to leave.

Cons

The only con is that the salaries seem to be quite low across the board. Of course there are exceptions and the share scheme certainly helps with that. However I think many would prefer the option to have a higher salary and lower proportion of shares.

Recruitment

Hi, thanks for leaving a review with us, we're glad you enjoy working with us. Sorry you are unhappy with some aspects of the role but we are always looking at ways to improve at Admiral to provide staff with the best benefits/financial reward and work life balance. We appreciate all feedback, Thanks, Sam

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bloated IT management who are out of touch...

31 May 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

challenging work that is interesting benefits package is good (share scheme) people (engineers, developers etc) are good to work with well known brand, that can be a springboard into other FS jobs.

Cons

No real chance of internal promotion (given the amount of IT management bloat) with external people being trusted far more then those who have worked hard internally. Seldom get positive feedback on work that is done Highly political with others taking credit for work you do to get ahead.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work - ethical and looks after employees

18 May 2021 - Head of Technology in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Admiral is a great place to work. Admiral consistently does the right thing for their customers and employees - from customer refund during lockdown to ensuring we all have a great working environment. Admiral are forward looking with exciting plans to accelerate development and improve their technology stack. Admiral's culture is taken seriously - when they say they want you to enjoy your job they mean it. Effort is put in to ensure there is fun and opportunity for everyone.

Cons

Admiral is a large company and in some cases this can be frustrating as you may be waiting on processes to grant permissions or make changes.

Recruitment

Hi, thanks for leaving a review with us, we're glad you enjoy working with us. Sorry you are unhappy with some aspects of the role but we are always looking at ways to improve at Admiral and we appreciate all feedback, Thanks, Sam

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

25 May 2021 - Software Engineer Chapter Lead in Swansea, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Admiral look after their workforce as well as their customers. They are a great employer. Rewarding and recognising their staff's contributions are one of the core principles of Admiral. They use cutting edge technology to keep ahead of the game. Admiral offer plenty of opportunities to external and internal candidates for career progression. Their leaders are passionate and engaging, which is great for a company with roughly 10,000 employees.

Cons

So far, so good. No cons to report.

Recruitment

Hi, thanks for leaving a review with us. We're glad you enjoy working with us and appreciate your lovely feedback. Thanks, Sam

8. 5.0

Great place to work!

10 Jun 2021 - Strategy Coordinator in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

They will invest in people

Cons

Difficult to maintain high level of culture during and post pandemic

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company to work for with a genuine care for their employees, customers and community..

12 May 2021 - Risk Executive in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is a genuine culture of care at Admiral and they really do reward their employees and have a great social conscious, through donating to various charities and allowing employees time off to do some charity work. They also really encourage bringing your whole self to work through various diversity and inclusion workstreams. With it being such a far reaching company, there are career opportunities for both progression and moving into different fields.

Cons

They have slightly lower holiday allowances than other companies.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

Is it as good as it seems?

29 Jan 2021 - Recruitment Officer in Cardiff, Wales, Wales
      Business Outlook

Pros

I feel fortunate to work at Admiral, and I have no plans to leave. As employees, I think we have always been treated well, but the way Admiral have supported staff through this past year has been nothing short of fantastic. To know your job is secure in such testing times is something, but the way Admiral has supported the well-being of their staff has been outstanding. Any equipment I needed to make working from home more comfortable, I received within three days. The option of a support fund to help staff deal with a spike in bills, the security of knowing if you are struggling, there is a constant support network around you, and anything else in between. I can honestly say that I have never been more proud of Admiral with our 'Stay At Home' refund. Knowing that we as staff were looked after through such a testing time is one thing, but for us to give £110 million back to our customers as a gesture of goodwill and help support our customers is something else. I can honestly say I'm proud to tell people who I work for, which is a great feeling.

Cons

At this time, I genuinely can't think of any.

Recruitment

Hi, thank you for leaving a review with us. We're glad you enjoy working with us and appreciate your feedback, Thanks, Sam.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 370 Reviews