AgilOne Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

AgilOne Interview Questions

Interviews at AgilOne

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AgilOne.

Interview

Cold and impersonal initial contact. Interview schedule was never provided. There was no one at the front door to greet me, and it took several minutes before anyone asked if I needed help. I was kept waiting for a good 5-10 minutes after my interview was supposed to begin. There seemed to be confusion amongst the interviewers about who was supposed to talk to me next and where. It was obvious that more than half of the interviewers didn't bother to read my resume before speaking to me. Only one interviewer had his questions ready, while everyone else seemed to be winging it. From talking to development and QA engineers, there seems to be a good deal of animosity between the groups. The engineering department needs to be unified. I heard phrases like, "this group is allowed to do it this way, because they insisted," and, "if it were up to me, I wouldn't use the technology we're using." There's a "code it and toss it to QA" mentality, without proper testing by developers first. There was a low energy feel to all the people I met with, and folks generally do not seem happy to be there. There's a lot of emphasis on having people from "all walks of life" working there, but I don't see any relationship between being professional cyclists or table tennis players and being capable of producing quality software. I thought it was odd that two higher-ups left together to start their own company, before this one really took off.

Software Trainer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at AgilOne in February 2015.

Interview

I came into the interview without knowing who I'd be meeting with and not even knowing how many people I'd be meeting. There was no reception area to speak of, but on top of that, I had no direction after coming into their office. After grabbing hold of a random employee there, I was told the recruiter would meet with me after she gets off of a call. I waited for a full 25 minutes before meeting the recruiter! I was very much tempted to up and leave while I waited, which in hindsight is exactly what I should have done.

Walking into their work area, there is an apparent sweat shop vibe with many people packed into very small areas, unkept, and hot. During my presentation, one of the interviewers was looking at his laptop and doing work which was incredibly distracting. Overall, some very unprofessional there and a horrible interview experience.

Interview Questions

• One of the worst questions I've ever heard in an interview. "How many training videos can you make in a day?" I was so dumbfounded by the question, I couldn't even answer. He clearly knew nothing about training and was so confident in making comments about something he obviously knows nothing about.   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AgilOne.

Interview

After speaking with their hr rep over the phone I spoke with a project manager and then a UI engineer also on the phone, and was then invited on site. The phone screens were fairly professional, what turned me off though started with the invite to the on site. Once I was invited to come in I requested to get access to their product so I could get a better understanding of what it was I'd be working on. The HR rep told me to request an online demo and that they would go through the application with me on-site. I found this to be like a blowoff, you would think she could just get me some login to a demo instance or something, and beyond that I saw a little of the app when I was on site, but I wouldn't consider it a full walkthrough.

As for the on-site:

I arrived a little early for my interview and was surprised to learn that the HR rep was running (about 20 minutes) late, so I basically sat around waiting until the VP of product finally brought me to their kitchen and I grabbed a water and got situated in a conference room. I was scheduled to meet with 6 people over about 3 hours. After meeting with the second person apparently the room we were interviewing in was not properly reserved and so I actually had to finish my interview outside on the patio! The last person I met with was the HR rep who made it a point to let me know she believed in transparency and would be in touch about possibly coming back in the following week since they had a new CTO starting the following week.

I followed up with her several times after the interview, the first time she said they had liked me but they were waiting on the CTO to get acclimated. The second (and last time I ever heard from them) I followed up she said "Unfortunately, we are still not ready to makes final decision yet. We like you but at the same time, would like to get someone with more leadership experience. Please bear with us." I never heard back after that, yeah, real tranparent.

Sales Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at AgilOne in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online, did the preliminary phone interview with the hiring manager, then was asked to complete an exercise where I called him and left a voicemail, stating the nature of my call and the product I'm pitching.

Upon completion, I was asked to come in interview with the team, which included himself (hiring manager), the VP of Sales, VP of Marketing, and another Sales Dev rep. What I found extremely unprofessional was the VP of Marketing answered her phone during the interview, and proceeded to chat about who to pick up her daughter and what's for dinner, which took about 5 minutes from the session, and did not apologized.

Needless to say, I did not received an offer, nor do I want to, since I would have to report directly to her as well as my boss.

Senior Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at AgilOne.

Interview

One phone interview, 5-6 rounds of onsite interview. I felt people are passionate. Nothing really unexpected in the interview. Ability to think through and multitask was what they are looking for.

Prefer Not to Disclose Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AgilOne (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process took less than a week. I was greeted in front and led to meet with the hiring manager. The employees in the office looked energetic and diverse and there were a lot of meetings going on. The interviewer asked typical questions. Although I was not offered the job, it was still a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were pretty standard. The interviewer wants to know how quick you can think on your feet and about your ability to multitask.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at AgilOne.

Interview

My interview process went very quickly. I was phone screened within a day of them receiving my resume and interviewed onsite the following week. I met with 4 people who all had a different focus area and they were all easy to talk to. I could tell they had a lot of challenges but that really excited me because I feel that I can really make an impact and help them out in my area of expertise. The day after I interviewed, I was told that they wanted to move forward so all in all, it was a good experience. The office did not look appealing though. It was crowded but with a good vibe.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Gatos, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at AgilOne (Los Gatos, CA (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

Meet with the CEO and President at the time at a local coffee shop. The interview was casual and very comfortable. Their main goal was to make sure I could think of my toes and was a self-starter as the role didn't have a direct manager. While in the end of I was not the most qualified for the role, I still got the position because of my work ethic, passion, personality, and willingness to do whatever was needed to get the job done (even helping with picking up kids from school).

Interview Questions

• The questions I had were primarily around how to do you solve problems and are you a good communicator. The one question I always have remembered through, even 5 years after my interview took place was: There are times when it is more important for the CEO to be at the office, therefore would you be okay with assisting with child duties, personal errands, etc?   1 Answer

CSM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at AgilOne (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

one of the guys was on their phone during our interview. rude. questions weren't too hard but they also sounded like questions people researched off Google at last minute. the process was not bad either, but i knew that i did not want to work for the company right away after meeting with the team and the people.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time you had to resolve a conflict with a client   Answer Question

Database Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at AgilOne.

Interview

Took around 2 weeks. One phone interview with HR. One phone interview blended with tech questions was made by one of the team leaders. One round onside interview with 4 people for 4 hours.

I liked the culture of the company and its work environment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.