Air Force Research Laboratory Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Air Force Research Laboratory Interview Questions

Interviews at Air Force Research Laboratory

2.2

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory.

Interview

It was a video call conference with the top researchers that are working on artificial intelligence research. I was on call with these researchers while we discussed the various things we are doing in the lab.

Interview Questions

• Question: What are your strengths?
      Question: What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Phillips Scholar Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory.

Interview

There wasn't one. I gave someone my resume at my university's career fair. We had a quick, casual conversation and he asked what I was interested in. He offered to pass on my resume. About 6 months later, I got an email (from a human) offering me the internship.

Interview Questions

• You have to fill out the SF-86 and apply for a DOD Secret Clearance. The only rough part was that they contacted some people I listed via mail and (accidentally?) put my Social Security Number on the form. Nothing came of it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory in April 2019.

Interview

There were three interviews by different committees. They asked me about my research projects and to give them an example of how I am detail oriented and how I can be a leader in a team setting.

Mathematician Interview

Application

Interview

It was a group interview. I interviewed with two different departments while I was there. There was also a tour and I was able to see some of the projects other people were working on.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (Cincinnati, OH (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

I got this job by reaching out to people who worked at the Air Force base. So I did not have too many specific interview questions that I can remember.

Interview Questions

• They asked me for a resume.   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (Columbus, OH (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview itself was a little difficult. Lots of hard hitting questions asking in-depth about my previous work. The base is also very difficult to navigate around so finding the location was stressful.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to disagreed with someone in a group project and had to come to a conclusion.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, FL (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (San Antonio, FL (US)).

Interview

Very low key. I was mostly asked questions on my educational background and where I thought I could fit in to the organization. I actually interviewed over the phone without knowing prior to the call. So as far as that situation came about, the interview was very mild.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly based on educational background. They were very interested in computer/mathematical modeling, organic chemistry, explosives design, and design of experiments.   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwards AFB, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (Edwards AFB, CA (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Hired through a private contractor to work with AFRL civilian government.
    Initial phone interview went over work history and resume.
    On site interview met with all members of the team (~12) for an all day interview. Interview included tour of the lab, lunch and I had to give a 30-min presentation on a project that I worked on.
    Meetings with people were just to discuss my experience and why I wanted to work there.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (Dayton, OH (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted by telephone. They email you the interview questions prior to the interview so you have time to prepare for it. There's usually a panel of about 3-4 people and each asks a question. Most of the questions are specific to the job that you're applying for so they're not generic, "tell us about a time that you dealt with a difficult customer" type of questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with research and development contract? SBIRs? BAAs?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Air Force Research Laboratory (Rome, NY (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Had ongoing communication with my future manager for several weeks, chatted on the phone a few times, simply explaining my interests and hearing about what they do at the lab. In a way there was no formal interview, I already knew I was fairly qualified and simply looking to formalize an internship.

Interview Questions

• What are your interests with respect to the research that goes on at the lab?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.