Akamai Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Akamai Interview Questions

Interviews at Akamai

3.1

Infrastructure Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

So, I went their at 11am and interview continued till 6:30pm. And after 4 rounds they said their will be a webex session the next day. 3 of us were selected and we had the round. 2 of them got the mail and I didn't get. Webex was just a managerial round. But this was not the first time I interviewed with Akamai. I really feel they are "highly" partial and they already have people in mind on whom to take and rest of us act as dummy for them to go forward with the rounds. Also the one thing I felt is that they don't like overachievers and people who are confident about their present and future. Leads and managers get threatened instead of helping them achieve their dreams. Too busy saving themselves. So if you need to pass their interview, kindly act innocent and the one who doesn't threatens them of their position. You will be good to go. It's for not just this position but whatever position you get an interview for.

Technical Writing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

I went through the phone screening, but I did not advance. The screener was very friendly and nice, but was not a technical writer. They were unable to tell me more about what to expect. I was told the phone screening was character based.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your educational path to technical writing?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

The interview process was really long. Applied in October.
    First round: HR scheduled the interview and canceled it half an hour before the interview. She rescheduled it for another day and did not call. When I left an email, I got an automated reply. The third time she finally called. The interview was a basic HR interview. Typical behavioral questions.
    Round 2: Phone interview with the hiring manager for 30 mins. He asked questions based on experience and gave me a vague question and wanted to know my thought process.
    Round 3: Got called for an onsite interview. This was very well organized. I had 7 back to back 30-minute interviews with the members of the team. Some interviewees were super friendly and helpful. A few others were disinterested and kept on interrupting. It went smoothly. Most of the questions were based on my resume and past experience.

All the above happened in December. They took more than a month to make the decision (I kept following up every week for 5 weeks) and finally decided to reject my application.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

The interview process was of three rounds:

1. Recruiter Phone Call:
    It was mainly concentrated on my profile review and see if I am a good fit for the job role. . Once I cleared it, the recruiter was quick in setting up a video interview within the date ranges of my choice.

2. Manager Video Interview:
    The video round was all about reviewing my technical experience relevant to the job role. The role was primarily based on Java application development. So, I was asked questions about some object-oriented concepts. And then there was an algorithmic problem to solve.

3. On-Site Interview:
    Once I cleared the second round, the recruiter was quick and very clear in scheduling the on-site. The on-site was a six-round panel. There were questions about dynamic programming concepts, bread first search, connected components, projects review, SQL queries, query optimization and some behavioural questions.

Interview Questions

• Can Java have a final class   Answer Question
    • Difference between Comparator and Comparable   Answer Question
    • Different designing paradigms in Java   Answer Question
    • Given an array of Integers, find any three integers which when added together would sum to N   Answer Question
    • Given an array of stock prices sorted by date, find the stock minimum and maximum stock prices which would have yielded a profitable transaction.   Answer Question
    • Given a matrix of 0s and 1s, where 0s refer to water and 1s refer to Island, find all the islands   Answer Question
    • Given a dataset of employees in a department which a distinguishable attribute of whether he is an employee or managers, find the managers of all employees.(recurisvely, in SQL)   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

Applied online, had a good co-op experience with one of the core engineering groups of the company, 3 1/2 years down the line decided to apply for a senior role (Even if the company went through series of layoffs and is really struggling to grow).

Was contacted by recruiter after couple of weeks, talked to hiring manager who was friendly, and brought me onsite.

So far so good. After 3 and half hours of interviewing, was contacted by recruiter saying the team has decided to “move forward” with me. Was asked to provide 3 references the following day by recruiter. Thanks to three of my former colleagues who were kind enough to provide feedback, respond to interviewers questions.

Now on to the bad part. Hiring manager went on a vacation. The term all good things happen on a vacation may not be applicable so much. After getting back from the vacation, manager decides to interview an internal candidate. Recruiter reaches out saying I am the lead “external” candidate. Smells fishy to me. Couple of weeks post follow ups (no idea why I did), recruiter says team decided to go with an internal candidate.

Advice to the company/recruitment -
    a) Fix your hiring process
    b) Respect candidates and their references
    c) Only ask for references if you are sure about candidates (respect everyone’s time)
    d) Figure out if the position is internal/external early in the process, this obviously impacts candidacy, no external candidate would ever compete with a quick internal move.

As much as this reflects the situation of management within the company, good luck to Akamai in trying to attract tech talent. (another recruiter from the same company already reached out asking if I am available in the job market, will have to be out of my mind to give this company another chance honestly), considering I have already served with the company.

Interview Questions

• 1) How does the internet work
      2) How to parse a large file with million entries
      3) Some other questions made up by interviewers during the interview (to which they did not have clear expectations)   Answer Question

Interview

4 rounds really straight forward . First round was the recruiter, then the hiring manager, then the thirsd was various people. The last round I came into the office and met with the head of marketing (didn't even relate to my role)

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Akamai in October 2019.

Interview

Worst place to interview. The HRs and recruiters do not care about your time nor do they respond to your emails. First they rescheduled the interview without asking if I was available. Then no response for 3 weeks after the onsite. After multiple follow-ups they say the team response was positive and in a week they would confirm and give a final response. I waited for another 3 weeks and they just ghosted. Do not even bother spending the time interviewing here. You will think you are getting somewhere but you won’t.

Interview Questions

• Multiple coding questions very basic algorithm. Also some network related questions   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I was interviewed here recently. It was three rounds:
    First HR reached out to me through linkedin and once I was okay with job description
    1) HR called me and asked me about my background. I told them specifically that I have some requirements in order to proceed further and told them the requirements.
    2) They said they are good to proceed further and scheduled a call with the Hiring Manager. But apparently the manager was busy and software developer called me and asked some technical questions and my background.
    3) They said they like my profile and want to schedule an in-person interview. This was for 3 1/2 hrs. Five people interviewed me:
    1 hr : This went very well. The person knew what he was asking and no stupid/bookish questions.
    30 mins: This went very well too. The person knew what he was asking and it was mostly like a discussion.
    1 hr: Now, this person asked me few technical quuestions and some related to scrum process(as I mentioned that I was a scrum master before). He was mostly interested in pointing out that I am wrong or he just says he doesn't the process we follow at our company. And he was interested in giving the explanation for incorrect answers. One interesting thing was he asked me about the scrum process, when I mentioned that we do retrospectives every sprint, he was surprised and he was like why do you retrospectives. And my answer was "to get better at sprint as we were not 100% success". His response was "why do you have to be 100% success, thats like pressurizing the team". I did not understand how they plan the sprint if they do not aim for 100% success, I really wanted to ask him this question "what is your sprint goal", but I couldn't as he left without giving me a chance to ask him any quetsions. He asked me if I had a good experience in SQL. I told him no, and I told him I can learn if its required in this role. His immediate resposne was "Anyone can learn and write SQL queries, its not a big deal".
    30 mins: This was a technical round, and this person asked only one question. I gave the answer but maybe not the optimized solution. This person wrote the answer with some implementation and wanted me to give the exact same answer.
    30 mins: Two hiring managers were there in this interview. They asked some behavioral quetsions and it went well.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I had a screening call with the recruiter followed by a phone conversation with the hiring manager. I was told I will be kept in loop within the end of the week. After two follow-ups, there was literally no response from the recruiter. I feel a simple email letting either they have other suitable candidates or any other reason is the best way to part the process. To ghost the candidate is not professional for a company the size of Akamai.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Akamai (Cambridge, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by 3 different recruiters for 3 different roles. I spent about a week total between phone calls, going in for an on-site interview (5 hours minimum each time), preparing a PRESENTATION ... all to be told each time that I was a great cultural fit but they decided to go with another candidate. Completely unprofessional and mind boggling. There is no functional central system in place where recruiters can see who is talking to whom. Insane.
    Additionally, they have WAY too many people interviewing you ... all the way down to overseas admins. Doesn't make any sense.

Interview Questions

• Can you give us another example of a project that took longer than 18 months and how you managed it?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.