Alteryx Interview Questions

Updated Oct 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 142 of over 142 interviews

Employee Referral20%
Recruiter16%
HardAverageEasy

Alteryx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alteryx

Interview

The recruiter I encountered was unprofessional and borderline rude. During the intro call, when asked about past ml experience, I gave a detailed account of a project I did from beginning to end. However, the recruiter appeared disengaged and commented, "the insights you ml model discovered all sounded like common sense to me. Did your project have any real business impact? "

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your past ml experience
    Answer Question

Alteryx

Application

I interviewed at Alteryx

Interview

Standard process as you would expect met with key stakeholders both direct and indirect - didn't meet with any direct reports. HR, Corp Marketing, Demand Gen, Field and Sales people

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Alteryx

Join the conversation on

Googlers & Xooglers

4d

works at

PwC

Hi! I started an ivy master’s comp sci program this Fall but am curious how much experience would be expected for more junior SWE roles. Math major undergrad with 5 YOE in B4 consulting (familiar with alteryx, tableau, google suite, etc.) and basic python thus far (with second half of this semester focusing on java). Any recommendations on when is appropriate to apply and for what level (intern, entry level, etc.) given the above background and experience? TIA!

2 Comments

Join the conversation on

Alteryx

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx

Interview

Brief interview with a team leader followed by an at home programming assignment, after which I reviewed the assignment with two developers and interviewed with another team member and the vice president. Everyone was very nice and responded promptly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topanga, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx (Topanga, CA) in Sep 2021

Interview

Two major stages: 1. Several days of back-and-forth with the recruiter trying to find out what the job entails and what needs to be done. 2. Two panels 1 hour each, and 3 additional interviews 30 minutes each over the course of about a week. A more detailed list: - recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn - multiple messages with the recruiter - phone call with the recruiter (30 minutes) - interview with a team lead / manager (45 minutes) - interview with a team of 4 people (devops engineers, 1 hour) - interview with 2 people (devops architects, 1 hour) - interview with a team lead (30 minutes)

Interview Questions
  • Level of experience with: - Configuration Management tools (Terraform, Ansible, Chef, CloudFormation) - AWS and cloud in general - Kubernetes or other container orchestration platforms - Observability tools (strangely, that garnered the least curiosity or questions)

Alteryx

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx in Aug 2021

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, followed by 1:1 with UX research manager, followed by "homework assignment" of developing a research plan, followed by 1:1s with different team members within product. I made it to the homework assignment and did not get 1:1s following. Research plan question was very vague, and even though they said I would receive feedback, I did not receive any. Hard to figure out what level of detail they really wanted in the response, which is kind of a red flag in my book, seems like a very unprecise method for identifying research skills.

Interview Questions
  • Choose one of the video conferencing/collaboration tools you may be familiar with (such as Zoom, Skype, Teams) and draft a research plan to assess and improve the user experience for that service or tool.
1 person found this interview helpful

Alteryx

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx in Aug 2021

Interview

-It started with 30 min phone call with the recruiter -Interview with Director/VP -Do a 2 hour assignment: Create a comprehensive plan to implement a robust user panel, including Gantt chart

Interview Questions
  • Where are you in the process with other companies?

Alteryx

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx

Interview

Lots of interviews 5 separate interviews, most lasting an hour And they wanted a project, which took 2-3 hours. Recruiter was constantly reminding about the project to make sure they get what they want, yet after going through all of this, they did not bother to send an email to say thank you for your time invested in the process but you were not successful. They just ghosted. This tells me more about the culture and respect in the company than any fake core values that may be posted on their website. It doesn't cost a lot to treat people with kindness and respect - you never know if you will need them in the future.

4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornton, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx (Thornton, CO)

Interview

Was contacted for an initial screening interview. That was scheduled and completed. Made it to the second interview in the process with the hiring manager. I was contacted and asked about my availability, I provided numerous dates and times. I was told by that person that they would check the hiring managers schedule and let me know what worked…. That was weeks ago! Haven’t heard from anyone since. I’ve heard mixed bag of experiences with this company with more leaning toward the negative end and it looks like they were correct. They wasted my time and energy. You would think companies realize that the interview process is someone’s first introduction to their company. The interviewers and the interview process says a lot about the culture and how the company is run. And from this experience the company must be very disjointed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Alteryx (Irvine, CA) in Jul 2021

Interview

You have an interview with a recruiter on your experience. You are given an exercise with two use cases and then have to demonstrate your skills showcasing the Alteryx tool to several managers/directors on the team.

Interview Questions
  • 1) Experience 2) Analytics experience 3) Software knowledge 4) Biggest accomplishments 5) Expectation on work/life balance

Alteryx

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alteryx

Interview

Interview process was very exciting. Recruiter was enthusiastic. Had one interview with a Sr. Director which went well. He did not ask any technical questions even though it was a highly technical role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Interviews