Alton Towers Resort Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 18 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Alton Towers Resort

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in Apr 2022

Interview

I arrived 10-15 minutes early and went into the HQ where I waited for my interview. I was called in for the interview and I would say it lasted about 20 minutes. At the end of the interview, I was told that I could have the job. Afterwards, I signed the contract to accept my offer and then went over to the uniform section to sort that out and get a picture taken for my ID.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work in retail?
    Answer Question
  • What are your strengths and weaknesses?
  • Can you think of a time when you experienced exemplary customer service
  • Why do you want to work here?
  • What do you think is an important quality to have in retail?

Alton Towers Resort

Application

I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort

Interview

Brief formal face to face interview covering your experience with customer service and outlining the requirements of the job. Asked about any preferences regarding the type of rides preferred, checked that travel to work arrangements were in place due to the location of the job.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of when you delivered exceptional customer service.

Alton Towers Resort

Application

I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort

Interview

Quick and easy to book an interview slot online. A lot of customer service questions during interview. Tell you on the day whether you have a second interview. Second interview is a phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alton Towers Resort

Application

I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort

Interview

simple and informal , 15 minutes and asks simple questions about skills and career aspirations then given offer and forms signed. simple and informal , 15 minutes and asks simple questions about skills and career aspirations then given offer and forms signed.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Alton Towers Resort

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort in Mar 2021

Interview

I applied to Alton Towers Resort via the Merlin Entertainment Careers Portal. Two days after applying I received a response inviting me for a face-to-face interview during the next week. The email required logging on the portal and confirming a time for the interview, which was smooth and simple to complete. On the day of the interview, I travelled up to the Alton Towers Resort, only for the gate security to be surprised at my presence. They asked for the name of the person I was due to have the interview with; however, the email had come from a general HR account and did not have a specific name who I would be meeting. After making a phone call, I was informed by security that all interviews had been cancelled and they apologised that I had not received an email regarding this. At this time, as shown to security, the online careers portal still showed the interview as taking place on that day. Reaching out through email regarding the cancellation I received no response, and all information regarding contacting Alton Towers about their careers/application process reverted back to the same application system. I attempted to reach out to their HR department via LinkedIn, also to no response. At this point I was very disappointed, and had given the application up as having been ghosted by the company. More than one month later I received an email from the Retail Manager with an invite for a Skype interview to take place three weeks later. There was no mention of, or apology for, the previous cancelled interview. However, I confirmed that I would still be interested to interview. On the day, the skype link provided did not work and I dialled into the call using the back-up telephone number provided. The interviewer was clearly disappointed by this, as it was clarified a couple of time if I would be able to get my webcam working which was not possible due being on a phone call. The interview itself went relatively smoothly and was of average difficulty. The questions asked were reasonable for the role being applied for. After the interview it took only two days to receive a response. The email I received stated that they had gone with another candidate for the Retail Team Leader role; however, they offered a position as Retail Host instead. I quickly received multiple emails from different members of the HR department regarding contracts, uniform, parking permits, etc. After reviewing the contact for Retail Host, and making a few queries regarding the role, I chose to decline the position due to not aligning with my current goals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

It was a quick process, I had a one to one interview with the managers. Was comforting and fun. It was a quick process as many didn’t turn up due to the weather. There was activities planned however not necessary

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

At the start you get taken to a confrence room to do a group activity and learn about Merlin. Our activity was to build a bridge between tables for a toy car to travel across. Make sure to take part in this as you are being analysed (if you don’t take part you will have an exit interview and not get the job). After this you are called one by one for your interview.

Interview Questions
  • What health & safety steps would you take when opening a ride in the morning.
  • How would you respond to an angry guest when your ride is closed.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Stoke-on-Trent, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

Online application and then a face to face interview which lasted around 15 minutes. I was emailed quickly telling me I had been successful within a few days. The interviewers were very friendly with no pressure

Interview Questions
  • Questions were all based around situations you may face in the role and how you'd handle them

Anonymous Employee in Alton Towers, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton Towers, England) in Jul 2018

Interview

Just asked questions on what job will be like what i have to do how much i have to do and rate of pay/ start time finish time. Asked me for my availability said was very flexible and willing to cover all hours. Was a pleasant experience would recommend to others.

Interview Questions
  • Do i have any previous experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alton, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Alton Towers Resort (Alton, England)

Interview

Half a day of group tasks at their head office based at the Theme Park itself, followed by one on one interviews (free to leave after the interview, lunch was supplied in their staff canteen. After unsuccessful interview feedback was given on request.

Interview Questions
  • Gave us a creative test asking how we would design/market a ride that was to be reopened soon.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews