Animoto Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at Animoto

3.2

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Animoto (New York, NY (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The interview was through the phone. I feel like these days have been hard on people who are seeking for opportunities. I was definitely excited also nervous about it, during the call I can feel the person who was calling, was not passionate about it. It was like the people you see in the job fair who asking questions but not really interested what were you saying just try to get their job done. I understand that many great people lost their job so it is somehow more competitive than ever. Still please treat others like the way you want to be treated.

Interview Questions

Animoto Response

27 Jul 2020 – Recruiting Manager

Hi!

Thank you so much for your feedback! We take candidate experience seriously and we are sorry that you did not feel like that was the case. We understand the current circumstances that a lot of people are in and we will do better to convey that during our calls.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Animoto (New York, NY (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

1: Phone Screen with the VP of Engineering Team
    2: Onsite meet with 4 folks where the team checked about basics of Kubernetes, AWS, Terraform and Programming
    3. Ellen from HR was very friendly and to the point when it comes to the feedback and she shared some good positive feedback

Interview Questions

• 1. Basics about Kubernetes, Docker and AWS
      2. Design an architecture with AWS for hosting any front end application
      3. Write a code to round robin for selection of 3 servers   1 Answer

Product Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Animoto.

Interview

I was interviewed by their HR. There was an ongoing background noise during our phone conversation. She kept herself in mute for the most part. Therefore, It felt like as if I was talking to myself. She asked if I had any question at the end and when I raised questions she did not elaborate and answer them properly. She should have reviewed my background before contacting me so I was confused about her approach and some of her questions because it felt like as if she did not review my portfolio + my resume at all. Overall, I found it unprofessional.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Animoto.

Interview

It was a very drawn out process and too long for my like. It was a phone call followed by a video interview. The people were average. They seemed too into creating the "perfect culture" instead of actual skillset and who can do the job and who has relevant experience. This seems like the growing trend at startups these days. I honestly feel like my time was severely wasted. If your team is not going to pick someone just tell them outright or within a few days instead of have some one waiting days for a response!

Director, Product Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Animoto in June 2018.

Interview

My recruiter was wonderful to work with. I made it to the first round to meet with the VP of People. The interview was thorough, a good mix of behavioral based questions and role based questions.

Overall, I didn't move forward, but feel confident in saying that is because they don't really know what they're looking for in this role. For example, Product Marketing almost never oversees SEO, which is important for them. I think they'd be better off hiring a Director of Marketing who has experience with product.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SEO?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Beware exploding offers! I was given an offer with a 3 day window to decide, which is completely unreasonable. When I asked for two weeks, I was grilled about my other offers, and the Animoto offer was revoked.

Extremely unprofessional behavior. I was strongly considering taking the offer (despite being significantly below market) because I enjoyed the people and the culture, but now I feel grateful that I dodged a bullet in my career.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Animoto (New York, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

It was an initial phone screen with the recruiter, a second phone screen with the hiring manager, and then an onsite where I met with 3 people. The process was fast and efficient. One of the best interviews I've been on,

Software Development Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Animoto (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Quick and responsive. There was 1 hr screen, 1 technical screen and then 1 onsite with multiple interviews that day. Each stage gets a bit more difficult. I personally think I wasn't pick because I gave to many red signs during my interview and might have gotten the thumbs down for some but thumbs up for other during my on site .I was very nervous as it was my first on site interview in a while and did a couple things that when I look back was not the smartest thing to do. Looking back it was a good experience and Animoto would be a great place for anyone to work.

If you make it to an onsite interview it shows you are clearly capable it's just a matter of making a good impression on your future colleagues and continuing to show some technical prowess .

My advice is do your best don't worry if you don't get it, learn from it and move on.

Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• There was a take home coding assignment with your application. If you are a fit for the role it should not take longer than a couple hrs or less.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Animoto.

Interview

I spoke with the recruiter, Matt, shortly after applying for the job. Matt was very professional and did a good job making me feel comfortable and as though the role would be a good fit. A few days later I had a phone call with the hiring manager. I immediately got the impression that there was very specific experience that they would be looking for so I was not surprised when they decided not to move forward with me as a candidate. I appreciated that they didn't waste my time though and let me know early on that it wasn't going to be a good fit. Overall a positive experience.

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Animoto (New York, NY (US)) in February 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through creative circle. Surprisingly to my knowledge, I wasn't aware of getting a interview until creative circle called me back to let me know they requested for me personally. I scheduled some time after the blizzard to come in. I was told it was going to be a 5 hour interview. I met the founder who was a really chill guy. Then I went on to meet the people I'd work with. First, I met with a project manager. We chatted about my most recently experience and they asked me a lot of ux questions. I asked if they needed to know any information about visual design which they replied "No right now UX is more important, visuals aren't that important right now". He had me take a small design test which was complete of wire frames. I asked again about visuals and they said not important they just want to see my process. The test was to design a mock up wireframe of two products that users can see at once or alternate between the two and how to get to those pages. Again... It's a wireframe so it's going to be bare bones... He liked my thinking and I moved onto the next interview.

Next I met with a UX designer. We chatted for a couple minutes again about my work and again he had me take another test. He assured me he wanted to see my thinking and didn't care about a visuals (I saw a theme here). I had to make a flow of selecting multiple files from different social network accounts accounts. How would it look if I did it from scratch? How would the user get from a to b... He liked my thinking and then I went on to meet a lead mobile designer. The lead seemed a little young to me and some what inexperienced.
    We spoke about my experiences and she gave me another test. This time pick a site of my choosing and what would I change. I picked a personal site I like, but she insisted I go to Airbnb. This was one of the worst sites to critique because they are constantly changing. I gave some suggestions on what I'd do differently and she didn't like them...the interview ended after 5 hours and I waited a week or two.

I got a call back and their BS answer was because I didn't have enough visual designer experience when the entire interview was based of UX. My titles have always been visual designer, senior visual design. It's my foundation and yet they didn't even want to talk about visuals. I hate tests because they are unrealistic and no true brief or things are behind them. They expect you to solve a problem in 30 minutes. Ridiculous. Horrible experience and way to bs someone for feedback.

Interview Questions

• Critique a website you visit often. What would you change?   Answer Question
    • Design a wireframe flow of two products that a user can select.   Answer Question
    • How would you fix a flow of uploading and selecting files.   Answer Question

Animoto Response

9 Mar 2016 – Director of People Services

Thanks so much for the feedback, we really appreciate it. We're continually striving to better our interview process, and feedback like this helps improve the experience for everyone. Best of luck with your search.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.