Ann Summers Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Ann Summers Interview Questions

Interviews at Ann Summers

2.7

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hicks Store, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Hicks Store, SC (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview is relatively easy it has all your normal questions as well as a role play and shop floor walk. They get back to you within a week with an offer and paper work is sent off quickly.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses.
      What will be your greatest challenge in the first 6 months   Answer Question

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Summers in October 2020.

Interview

The interview process took 3 days in total. First, there is a telephone interview about 20-30 min long and the next day I got invited for an in store interview. The interview was 40 min long,relaxing and very enjoyable.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Manchester, England).

Interview

Friendly, enjoyable. Applied online via the website and was invited for a face-to-face interview. The interview was in the store I would be working at and included a shopping task after a initial face-to-face interview. Staff were friendly and supportive and interview was professional and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• In the shopping task you are given a sales scenario and have to choose items within the store and budget provided that fir toe scenario description.   Answer Question

Part Time Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bournemouth, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Bournemouth, England) in October 2019.

Interview

It was a group interview in which they made you fill out a sheet with different interview questions and your availability. They made us do different scenarios like having to pick up number of different items we would try and sell to the customer on top of what they are buying.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous colleagues describe you?   Answer Question
    • If nervous/experienced customer entered the store how would you approach them ?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer ? how did you handle it ?   Answer Question

IT Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whyteleafe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Whyteleafe, England) in October 2019.

Interview

Telephone conversations with the hiring manager followed by a lovely lady from HR who explained what Ann Summers is about, the culture and what to expect. No hanging about, interview booked for the soonest date possible.

On arrival for the interview I was met by the talent acquisition lead from HR who it felt like I already knew from our brief telephone conversation, I was shown the warehouse and some of the building then taken to a room to complete the pre-interview assessment. Following the assessment the hiring manager and person from HR entered the room to begin the interview.

This was the best conducted interview I have ever taken part in. I don't know if it is down to the culture of Ann Summers or the interviewing skills of both parties or a combination of both but the interview didn't seem to be following any type of script or be designed to trip me up. Instead I was made to feel so comfortable that I was able to be myself and it felt more like a free flowing conversation, questions asked throughout the interviewers and myself rather than the usual, "any questions" at the end. When it was announced that it was the end of the interview I was actually surprised, I'd had fun, I didnt leave feeling like i'd been grilled or wasnt given the chance to show the real me. I can only commend both interviews for their excellent interviewing skills and especially the talent acquisition lead from HR who made me feel comfortable from the beginning of the process and is a credit to Ann Summers.

Following the interview I was given the opportunity to have a chat with one of the directors, again like no director I have ever spoken to they were down to earth, had knowledge of all the roles in the department and were easy to talk to, it became clear that the culture and type of person Ann Summers employ runs throughout the company to the highest level.

Following this conversation the person from HR took me to their office where I was offered the role. It felt natural that the person who welcomed and informed me about the company was the person to deliver the good news and it felt that they were genuinely happy for me.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dudley, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Dudley, England) in September 2019.

Interview

Firstly a telephone interview which took around 20 minutes, which involved most normal interview questions. Was then invited to in store interview next day which took around 1 hour and involved a face to face interview, a tour and explanation of products and a shopping challenge

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a nervous, experienced or curious customer   1 Answer
    • What are the 3 main types of Ann Summers customer   1 Answer

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whyteleafe, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Whyteleafe, England) in June 2019.

Interview

Had a short phone call and was then invited for an interview where I was told I would hear back soon. They then ignored my phone calls and emails and I didn't hear anything after. It was a shame because the interview was good, they were really friendly, welcoming and positive, but they clearly have no respect for candidates time.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Quick process, had phone interview after applying 4 days previous. Was given an interview with the regional manager 1 week later and then 2 days later was offered the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ann Summers in July 2018.

Interview

Handed my CV into the store and received a call within a few weeks for a phone interview. I was then invited to a face to face interview where I was asked to pick items from the shop to fit a specific brief. I was then asked to explain why I chose each item and this was followed by interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you gave great customer service?   Answer Question
    • What would your ideal manager be like?   Answer Question
    • What would you do maximise sales and prevent losses?   Answer Question
    • How would you approach different kinds of customers (e.g. nervous compared to experienced)?   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Whyteleafe, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ann Summers (Whyteleafe, England) in July 2018.

Interview

I was surprised that I was offered the job immediately after a 20 mins interview. There was no real interest in what you can bring to company. The interviewer talked most of the time. You just have to sit and nod. Redflag!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.