Ann Summers Reviews

Updated 9 May 2021

3.6
Ann Summers CEO Jacqueline Gold
Jacqueline Gold
Pros
  • "Fab staff discount too - very hard not to spend most of your payday instore(in 28 reviews)

• "Great staff discount, product training, beautiful underwear(in 10 reviews)

• Cons
  • "This head office is the most rundown place I have ever worked(in 18 reviews)

• "Minimum wage to be responsible of opening and closing of a shop and cash handling(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0

Fun Enjoyable company

28 Jan 2021 - Designer in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, Employee Perks, Company events

Cons

Location is a bit out of the way but not terrible!

Ann Summers Response

Retail & Logistics Talent Manager

Hey!! Thank you for your feedback. We totally agree, working with us is super fun and the employee engagement is something we pride ourselves on! Whilst we may seem out of the way we have a massive car park for all Head Office and Logistics colleagues as well as a train station nearby and bus links just down the road. We're so happy you also took advantage of your employee perks whilst with us! We want to thank you again for taking the time to leave this review and whilst we're so sad to see you have left us, we want to wish you all the best in your future career.

2. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Not great

9 May 2021 - Store Manager in London, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good vibes in the shops

Cons

Upper management are usually pretty useless, pay is awful for the amount of work you actually do. No over time pay for full time staff.

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

General Pros n Cons

4 May 2021 - Nominated Person
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great discount, usually good colleagues

Cons

No support regarding in work harassment (when weird men wont leave you alone), pay is rubbish for supervisor roles - no point taking the step to be a supervisor if youre over 21

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Serious stock issues & terrible pay

22 Feb 2021 - Retail Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was great to help customers feel empowered. 50% staff discount

Cons

Ridiculous deliveries every week of stock that was NOT needed. They must have bought too much stock every time and our stock room ended up flooded with items we could never sell. We would put a focus on selling an item out and we would work really hard and sell all 30. Then the following week they would send us 90. Very wasteful. There were no development opportunities and the training was lack lustre. The pay was very poor for the work required. Constantly having to change shop floor layout last minute (I’m talking sometimes twice a week) which was a hassle as this was not only strenuous, but you usually had to do it alone as there was a lot of lone working (encouraged by the company to save money)

5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Lack of leadership

7 May 2021 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, great environment and colleagues

Cons

Poor leadership, long hours, lack of progression

6. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team company not as progressive as it says

25 Mar 2021 - Assistant Manager in Edinburgh, Scotland, Scotland
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment, amazing discount, good working hours in my store

Cons

On the surface seem very progressive and open minded but never quite get it right in terms of inclusivity and open mindedness. Team leader only in position due to time in the company

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years

Pros and Cons

26 Apr 2021 - Head Office in Whyteleafe, England, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, fun brand, development

Cons

pay, lack of bonus, business strategy

8. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Handled Covid Poorly

8 Apr 2021 - Team Leader
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun working environment. Good staff discount

Cons

Would rather pay influencers and give them free money than pay their staff

9. 4.0

Fun but challenging

26 Feb 2021 - Deputy Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fab discount , working with customers and making them feel comfortable so they come to you for help everyone instore

Cons

Challenging staff to upskill and question their add on sales even when customers do not want to buy !

Ann Summers Response

Retail & Logistics Talent Manager

Hey, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're so happy to hear you took advantage of the colleague benefits, we too agree that the 50% discount is pretty fab! We encourage our colleagues to push boundaries and reach their targets with great incentives but understand this is not always easy. We love rewarding our teams for the great work they do in making the business the success that it is. We're sad to see you have left the business but we really appreciate your feedback and wish you great success in your future.

10. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Fun place to work but pay is shocking for the amount of responsibility

29 Nov 2020 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

50% off full price stock Having fun with Colleagues Customers really pleasant and really enjoy talking to you Feel like you make a difference to the customers

Cons

No praise not inspired. Mind numbing. Minimum wage to be responsible of opening and closing of a shop and cash handling. £8.72 an hour is far to low for a supervisor (or NP) to manage staff open and close and do all the banking. (A managers roll in my eyes) Also expected to do team motivation, health and safely, briefing. I was grateful for a job after being made redundant but I’ve not been paid this kind of wage for 20 years Didn’t even cover my bills and travel to work.

1 person found this review helpful