Appway Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Appway Interview Questions

Interviews at Appway

Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

So, I sent my resume to Appway. A recruiter reached out to me to schedule a Skype interview with their lead support engineer. I answered all their questions good until one of the interviewers tried to persuade me to tell his age. I told him no since that is Ageism. Then he continued to tell me he is 32 and I told him no.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

Contacted by HR, it processed 2 weeks only in HR interview phase. I'm applying online for position of their new York office. They don't have US located HR but contacted me from their Europe headQuarter and the interview were scheduled by online reservation. It's totally out of my understanding to their HR/recruiter's logic and highly doubt their professional quality. First, no call on scheduled time, no explanation or email notice advanced, second, unreachable for most normal contact by Email, always get auto email reply: not in the office, ok, those are not good but not unusual. The following is really "outstanding". I finally communicated with the HR from Zurich and carefully discussed every item in the job requirements, in the tech level, it's perfectly match, but HR indicated she is not specialized in technique field, so... By the end of the chat, she asked me the "standard question": what's your biggest weakness for this position. I answered honestly, the only one I could see is I'm not native speaker of English but I am totally fluently speaking in my work and professional related representations. She is not native english speaker either and admitted my pronunciations and speaking are clear and understandable. During the conversation, I mentioned I was talking with Appway's Employee on a forum but I didn't ask his name then. What's really surprised me is after the conversation, Appway sent me email let me provide the employee's name I had conversation with, otherwise it's hard to process the next step. After I provided the name of the Employee, they sent me another email that they don't need me for I'm not fluent in English! It's totally a waste of time.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Appway.

Interview

15 minutes going through material then developing a system with the given details. overall 2 hours given for the task last 15 minute is presenting the details.The development had to using their software for uml diagrams and system flow. Had difficulties and wasted a lot of time. Also felt the description was not sufficient for the coding

Interview Questions

• develop a system with given details.   1 Answer

Engagement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in August 2013.

Interview

The phone interview call was days after my on-line application - very good
    The interview call set up was a breeze - Excellent communication with HR/Office Manager. I Had to change my phone number, as the phone I was using did not have network connectivity in brother's place Virginia, I was visiting.
    Phone interview did not start in time. I had to followup for the phone interview. HR/Office Manager apologzsed and did the necessary followup.
    I had difficulty in understanding the questions from the interviewer. I sort of felt that the interviewer could have been more clear and friendly.
    The interview was too short - 20 minutes

Interview Questions

• How does a features of particular component of the company's product compare with features of the corresponding product in existing company. My fault. I should have spend more time on analysis of the product features.   1 Answer

Appway Response

1 Jul 2014 – HR Manager

Thank you for your review - we work hard to make sure that candidates have a smooth and above all a good/fun experience during our assessment. We appreciate your comment re-interviewer clarity and will make sure that other candidates have clear connections and explanations.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (New York, NY (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is long and demanding but fair: although the technical assessment fell outside of my capabilities, management was more interested in finding out about my thought processes and "what makes me tick" - management is looking for a team, not machine robots.

Digital Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Appway in May 2020.

Interview

I had 2 interviews with the company for the job of Digital Marketing Operations Professional and an assessment. Everything happend online, as there was the Coronavirus situation and the borders were closed in Europe. Their answer came no later than 2-3 days after each interview, as they were in a hurry to fill the possition as soon as possible. However, after the final step, they didn't provided me any feedback unless I asked them what's gong on, after 2 weeks since the last interview.

In the first phase, after applying to the job, the recruitor contacted me by email to make sure I am willing to relocate to Switzerland. After that, she scheduled a call with a senior and very lovely person from the marketing department, that lasted almost 1h. There were basic question (HR and marketing related questions) regarding my experience, tools that I use, what I am good at, whet should I improve, why am I interested in the job, what are my sallary expectations and so on. The next day I was asked to prepare a presentation answering 3 questions related to marketing automation tools and process wich I presented after 3 days in a call with Head of Marketing, a Brand Manager and the Marketing Manager.

I loved the team, they are super nice and I wish I could work with them, but unfortunately I didn't get the job. What I didn't like about the company is that they didn't provide any feedback in the next 14 days, taking into consideration that I worked hard on the assessment and sacrified my free time to do the presentation. I would have appreciated any short message comming from their side.

However, after I wrote them back, I got a reply from a HR Manager who asked for my phone number and coalled me to provide the requested feedback. I appreciated her time, but not her tone of voice. I felt like I asked for too much from her side as she was a bit agressive when providing the feedback.

Interview Questions

• What was my experience with marketing automation tools?   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Appway (Zürich (Switzerland)).

Interview

From start to finish, the interview process went seamlessly.
    I met with 3 different employees and all produced a very friendly, positive and relaxed atmosphere.
    Communication was efficient and friendly. English was mainly spoken and part of the interview was done in German as German was needed for this particular role.
    What stood out to me, was that the interviewers were genuinely interested in getting to know me and my wishes. There was no feel of a one-sided interview but rather a conversation.
    The interview lasted about 1 hour and within 24 hours, I was offered the position. This really was one of the best interview experiences I had.

Interview Questions

• What company traits are important to me?   1 Answer

Engagement Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway (Geneva (Switzerland)) in February 2017.

Interview

I had 2 meetings with HR then a practice assessment . I was too slow to finish.

Interview Questions

• We had to design a client onboarding process then build the interface and at the end describe the different steps to release the project.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Appway (Zürich (Switzerland)) in August 2016.

Interview

This was the third interview, after one with the HR and another with the Engagement manager. The interview were made by call with Zurich. This third was an assessment, made using the "Go To Meeting" application (need to download a plug-in before the session, and screen sharing and audio are available). I had a very good impression of the company through those 3 interviews.

Interview Questions

• 15 minutes to receive the business case and have basic explanations. 3 tasks to perform, with 90 minutes preparation, and then a presentation of 15 minutes.
      business case: account opening process in a bank.
      task 1: provide the activity diagramm, using their tool (easy to use, a 5 min tutorial is available).
      task2: provide a mockup of the input data screen, using their tool (also easy to use, with a tutorial)
      task3: provide the Work Breakdown Structure of such a small project.   2 Answers

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Appway.

Interview

After applying from the company website, few days later I received an e-mail form the Recruiting Manager to schedule an initial call via Skype.

The interview was 30 min long, with very basic questions I expected. After the interview I received a 30 min design assessment: 1. make a modern look software window, 2. make an icon (I could follow the existing design of their icons or I could done a new one) – I've done both, and explained why.

After a week I've received a negative response:
    .. The Appway recruiting team wants to thank you for taking the time to participate in our phone interview.

Although your qualifications and expertise are valuable, we are sorry to inform you that we have opted for another candidate whose skills are better matches. It wasn’t an easy decision considering the quality of your profile ..

I would appreciate a more detailed explanation why I was not chosen.

Interview Questions

• why are you looking for a new job?
      why would you like to work with us?
      what can you tell me about our company?
      do you have any insufficient skills?
      do you have any other job interview with other companies?
      how much do you expect to get paid?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.