Arnold Clark Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Arnold Clark Interview Questions

Updated 15 Jan 2018

2.7

Sales Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arnold Clark.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Was contacted by a recruiter and an interview was set up soon after.
    Thee recruiter was professional, and friendly at the same time. Therefore, the atmosphere was relaxing and it was easy to give answers to the questions without being to worried. (I always get stressed at interviews)
    It was a really simple interview, where I just had to tell about myself and basically what I can offer.
    Right after the initial interview with the recruiter, another interview was set up with the branch manager.
    Likewise, very relaxed atmosphere. Had an interview with the branch manager and a brief conversation with the sales manager.
    Everyone informed me about the long hours and target driven environment, which I am completely fine with.
    I asked a lot of questions and received detailed answers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Glasgow, Scotland).

Interview

I have applied and been to several interviews now with arnold clark never to here anything back from them. I have 10 years of experience of sales and 16 years of customer service experience but i am also disabled beginning to think this is the reason why i don't hear anything back. certainly isn't experience or lack of knowledge 1 manager told me i was more experienced and qualified than he was. Awaiting to here back about another job with them see what the outcome is , i will be contacting disability act and taking it further

Sales Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Arnold Clark.

Interview

Initial communication was great. I was contacted a day after my application and arranged to meet the branch manager. However, agreeing a date to Interview proved to be challenging as the branch manager hand selected 2 days for interviewing, which were very short notice to my current employer and required candidates to travel to Preston. A date was eventually agreed and myself taking the morning off of work to attend. The interview was rushed due to the branch manager being disturbed by time for other interviews and spent 3/4 of the interview being spoken at. This made it difficult in impressing the employer and helping them understand my skills. Questions were asked on my behalf regarding the company but these were soon cut short due to time constraints. A week had passed and communication broke down completely. I received an unsuccessful email and was not offered any feedback. Disappointing to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What my current position consisted of.

Holidays that were pre-booked   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

Good first interview, was told I’d be informed within a week. Waited 2 weeks and had to chase twice to find out they had promoted someone internally. They then recommended me for Marketing Executive role, where I had a skype interview and told not enough marketing experience...

Interview Questions

• In what way did I have experience for the role.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Glasgow, Scotland) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online following a email from my Lecturer at Uni advising me of the opening. The job was advertised on s1Jobs.com in the UK, but AC do promote their openings within the University and as such I thought I had a decent chance at an offer at least... Boy I was wrong!

The emailed me to confirm some personal details and asked me to complete a technical test within a day of submitting my application, and subsequently requested a technical test to be completed.

I sent everything back within the agreed timescale, but never heard back from Arnold Clark... nothing at all. I emailed them a couple of times to ask for some feedback, but they never bothered replying.

I submitted my code and files to my Curriculum Lecturer at Uni (I am a 4th year honour Student in Mobile and Web Development) and he told me that all my code was pretty good and there was not much to add to it really... He told me that it was above what he would expect to receive for such task.

I never actually spoke to anyone at AC so they only really have my code to rely on... which makes it even more disheartening to not hear back at least...

Interview Questions

• I was contacted within a few days of my application being sent. The first email was to confirm that was aware of the location (Glasgow, Hillington) and the hours. They also wanted to confirm that I was eligible to work in the UK.

Once I sent my reply, it took a day for them to send me a technical test to complete. They did not mention any timeline for completion however they suggested returning the completed files within a week. The test was completely open and they only provided very little guidance as they mention wanting to see the best you can do, and as such they let you choose which language to use.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Arnold Clark.

Interview

I sent my application away and got accepted for the first stage and got sent a design document. I finished it in approximately 1 week and sent it back and it took the company about 3 weeks to respond, then I got a Skype interview with the senior developers and it was just an overview of my approach.

The work I produced was very well written, I had a senior from my current team who has 8 years javascript experience look over my work and he told me it's perfect. So I got an email back telling me I was unsuccessful with a contradictory "your code and testing was satisfactory but we think that your javascript skills are not too standard"

Just to note that I used node which is standard, I wrote selenium testing, everything was done very efficiently.

I had to constantly chase this company as I was told they would get back to me in a day or so.

I probably avoided a bullet. I will post the github repository

Interview Questions

• What was your approach and why?   1 Answer

Arnold Clark Response

11 Jul 2017 – Community Manager

Thank you for leaving a review of our recruitment process, and for your interest in working for Arnold Clark.

Firstly, I’d like to offer my sincere apologies for the delay in assessing your... More

Anonymous Employee in Stoke-on-Trent, England

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Stoke-on-Trent, England).

Interview

Questions based on my sales experience and my personal life. Just a general chat based on my work and personal life. Job was offered to me there and then. I don't know what else to say, i just need to build up my 50 words minimum.

Graduate Branch Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Arnold Clark in April 2017.

Interview

Comunication a bit poor. They have tried to call few times but ignored them as unknown number.eventually I call them back and found out the interview was the same day. At the interview they asked me questions about my cv and what did I know about Arnold Clark. Overall very pleasant and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you had to deal with a difficult person.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Glasgow, Scotland) in April 2017.

Interview

The recruitment and selection process took around 3 weeks from being called for an interview to being offerred the position.

The recruitment process consisted of 2 interviews . Both interviews were in front of 2 members of the Arnold Clark HR department. The staff were lovely and made me feel really relaxed and able to answer their questions honestly. I thought the questions asked were fair and not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• How would you say you would handle a difficult employee?   Answer Question

Graduate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stirling, Scotland

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Arnold Clark (Stirling, Scotland) in April 2017.

Interview

Relatively straightforward, send CV and AC gets back to you to arrange an interview if successful. The only problem was there was a lot of going back and forth with HR to supply different documents etc. The interview itself was simple with an Area Manager asking questions about yourself, a couple technical questions, what you know about the company etc. It lasted roughly half an hour to 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• What is the journal entry for a prepayment on rent?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.