Avaloq Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Avaloq Interview Questions

Interviews at Avaloq

2.9

Developer Interview

Interview

Applied via job posting, got an invitation for a technical exam then HR interview is subject to whether passing the exam. Final part was an interview with a manager. After a few days, I got the result and offer from the company.

IT Engineer Interview

Interview

Classic multi-step hiring process. It seems a fair company and they timely address your concerns. I spoke to competent people. They didn't hire me simply because someone was better than me.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in your previous job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Interview

Passed the technical interview. Gave the job offer. But, when i ask for salary negotiation, the recruitment person finds it not okay. Then she just reverted the offer. So in the end, i didnt get the job.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

it's mainly about experience. They want to know what you can do and what you did in the past. For this company PM experience is mandatory. In the beginning they explain how they work then you have the possibility to talk about yourself. Questions are never intended to put you in a stress situation.

Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaloq (Zürich (Switzerland)) in September 2020.

Interview

Interviewed with the Hiring Manager and HR/TA at first. Second round was done with a more senior person (Head of Engineering) and the final round was with the actual team. The process was quite enjoyable and everyone was very grounded and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly focused on background and previous experience. The last interview with (potentially) future colleagues was a bit more involved and had technical questions, but never too technical.   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2020.

Interview

Worst interview I have been to. Unprofessional and lack of respect. Interviewer had a misplaced sense of superiority which I do not know where it came from. Was not interested in my experience, specifically highlighted that he was a postgrad (not that I’m interested in the first place but turns out to be some obscure Masters degree from his profile), tried to correct my answers with incorrect answers of his own: that Avaloq does not provide cloud computing services. Either I have poor understanding of their website or he has no idea what services his company is selling. Appears to have poor interviewing skills at his level and lack of respect for candidates. Can’t help but feel that it was a waste of my time preparing for it.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with IT before? What kind of question is this?!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Avaloq (Manila, Manila (Philippines)).

Interview

the HR interview is your usual generic HR questions like tell me what you know about Avaloq,how did you know avaloq prior to this interview, and the technical interview is about testing your foundations in programming.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edinburgh, Scotland

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Avaloq (Edinburgh, Scotland) in October 2019.

Interview

Prescreening is a very fast-moving time-limited exam, conducted online. Time is insufficient unless you're quite fast. The questions are not as I was led to expect, but they were fair and relevant.

Interview Questions

• Describe the qualifications of someone you'd hire to do (your new job)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Avaloq.

Interview

You'll be asked to do a 3 hour online technical test before they'll even bother speaking to you on the phone or in person. The test is split up into 3 sections: A technical brain teaser, a code review and a coding exercise. If your answers to their arbitrary problems aren't up to their standards, you'll have essentially wasted 3 hours of your life for nothing in return.

Interview Questions

• Find the longest chain of connected grid squares. Revise dijkstra's algorithm.   Answer Question

Graduate Test Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lugano (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Avaloq (Lugano (Switzerland)) in September 2019.

Interview

First a phone interview for about 90 minutes, which was successful, then invitation onsite where I was asked to prepare a presentation on a free choice topic. Then there was a Q&A session and a technical test.

Interview Questions

• How would you test a website?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.