BBC Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 353 of over 353 interviews

Employee Referral3%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

BBC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BBC

Interview

Panel of two people. The questions were competency based so I had to give concrete example to illustrate my personal characteristics. My answers are annotated so had to avoid being put off by people with their heads down and writing. They said they'd let me know the results in a few days.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of ...... it could be anything
    Answer Question

BBC

Application

I interviewed at BBC

Interview

Easy normal questions pretty basic nothing too hard very standard but didnt think my english was gud enuf lol anway didnt get the job in the end but hopefully will one day

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about BBC

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cairo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BBC (Cairo) in Sep 2021

Interview

I made it to the second stage which was a panel of three journalist asking me about my past experiences in managing a team. The first question was why did you apply for this job? The second was “why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BBC

Application

I interviewed at BBC

Interview

formal but relaxed. very structured and lots of performance based questions, but interviewers made me feel relaxed and gave me good opportunities to answer and allowed the interview to become a conversation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BBC

Application

I interviewed at BBC

Interview

Questions and answers were easy. This was not a hard interview and there was a case study that involved an example of an about audit. The interview was professional and conducted in a timely manner.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bristol, England, England

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBC (Bristol, England, England) in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview process when really smooth, and I got asked a few questions. Most was General chat talking about my experience and tell me about yourself. Asked if I could drive, and where I live.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at BBC (Singapore) in Jul 2021

Interview

The interviewers were polite and friendly enough, but the interview was more of a one-way conversation. Questions revolve around one's reporting experience and how one would go about finding stories.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at BBC (London, England, England)

Interview

Applied online with questions around prior software engineering project experience. On the closing date I received an invite to a game assessment by arctic shores, with minigames such as clicking your mouse at the right time to unlock a key, which somehow translates to your personality and job performance. Did not hear back for 2 months, only to be 'accidently' rejected and told that this was a mistake and that my application was still under consideration. A few days later my application was rejected again. Shame that a well established and respected organisation is relying on meaningless tools to filter out candidates without considering their potential in a human way. No feedback was provided too, despite the effort and time put in.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

BBC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BBC

Interview

The application form requested: - Written answers to 3 questions relating to R&D for a public service media company, creative and novel problem solving and STEM promotion/ outreach. - A copy of my CV - 4 multiple choice questions based on the BBC's published research found on their website. After applying at the end of April, I was offered to take part in a psychometric assessment. This ran by artic shores, and very similar to every other one I've done - the BART bubble game, some speed cognitive skills etc. Almost identical to those by the big 4, with the absence of the numerical and non numerical reasoning tests. On the application it said I'd hear back in may for interviews in June, however as the end of June approached I hadn't heard back, despite chasing to reaffirm still wanting the role. I heard back that I was unsuccessful towards the end of June, asked for feedback, however was told that they wouldn't be able to supply this. It's a shame as I thought I'd have been a good fit for the role. I assume there were a lot of applicants, and a reduced number of places available, but feedback would have been incredible useful.

Interview Questions
  • We’d like to hear about any activities you have undertaken, where you have worked to promote science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM) opportunities to other people and why you think these types of activities are important.

BBC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BBC

Interview

The interview had two parts. The first included background, studies and technical skills. Mathematical skills, process knowledge and questions about past experience and product development were asked. The second part included a presentation about an innovation of interest, explaining a technical concept to a non-technical listener and a coding test.

Interview Questions
  • Steps to be taken to develop and release a product.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 353 Interviews