BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions

Interviews at BCG Digital Ventures

3.1

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

Relatively straightforward, definitely read forums and make sure you can talk strongly about previous experiences. I really enjoyed the people, they were really friendly and wanted me to do well though which was great! If you are excited about BCG, definitely show that

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was enjoyable. It involved an initial talk with a recruiter followed by a technical phone interview. Thereafter there was an onsite with 3 interviews. One was technical and the rest behavioural. I answered all the technical questions quickly and felt good about all the interviews but got no offer. Recruiters would provide no feedback

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Multiple Rounds were taken place and each one I talked to a different employee. Every round asked different questions. It felt like they were curious about me and my past accomplishments.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First was conference call with other potential interns. Then a hour-long technical phone screen with senior engineer. Then finally was an onsite with hiring manager where they'll have you write code on a white board.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic computer fundamentals (ie. data structures, algorithms, CS concepts and terminology, etc.)   1 Answer

Strategist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

The interview process had 4 phases:
    1. Technical recruiter
    2. Senior strategist
    3. Case Study interview
    4. Break out with multiple teams

Overall they are very thorough with their questions and want to make sure you are the right fit for them and their company.

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I can’t say much for the process, after scheduling a phone interview the recruiter failed to get in touch. As I was on vacation at the time, I had stayed up until nearly 2am local time to take the call. No call, no follow up, not even the courtesy to reply to my email seeking to verify the interview would even take place. The most unprofessional recruiter I’ve ever worked with (in a long career in the consulting field). Best to avoid the hassle with them unless you’re super interested.

Interview Questions

• Are you available to interview at 2am in the midst of your vacation?   1 Answer

Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

1. Applied on their websites
    2. Intro call with a recruiter
    3. Spoke with director level consultant
    4. Given take-home assignment
    5. Superday interview in LA with the rest of the team (5 people total)

Everyone I met on the team was very well polished and the role itself was a great opportunity. The recruiting process was fragmented and could use some fine-tuning. Correspondence with the recruiting team was shaky at best. I never received feedback after making it to the final rounds. Suggest being more transparent with candidates.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

first there was a phone call interview, then two technical interview which had a lot of hard questions, phone call interview was intimidating but not too bad, the technical interview was coding challenge

Senior Strategic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Mixed signals, including on whether they'd even be hiring for this role or not. I got conflicting information on what exactly the SSD does during my interviews, and then was given condescending feedback by the recruiter on skills and tasks another SSD had told me were not a part of the role.

The BCGDV work seems really cool and contemporary, and I give them credit for doing so much in the few years they've been around; however, this meant that nearly every person I spoke with had been with the company for less than a year and was also new to the landscape. It was clear that while the team is likely brilliant and made up of very accomplished individuals, that they are still working out the distinctions between who does what, and this kind of miscommunication makes it very hard for a candidate like myself to satisfy every interviewer.

Another thing that was very jarring and I would caution against is that I was told that I'd be presenting my work to a panel of three staffers, but when I arrived only one person was in the office, and the other two people were joining remotely. The screen where I was projecting, the camera, and the phone were all in different spots in the room, and it was very disorienting to know where to look and where to project my voice. It would have been helpful to be told all of this before the interview.

Another review by an SSD candidate below is very similar to the experience I had, in that while they seemed to be asking for one thing (a person focused on bringing human insights to projects), they really wanted something wholly dissimilar in the end (a combination UX designer and venture architect) . In the future, it would help candidates a lot if the current team was more clear about what was and what was not the job of the SSD.

Senior Strategic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

The process followed a pretty standard one. Phone screen, a few phone interviews, a few skype interviews, and finally an on-site with 4 interviews.

Overall when communication was actually happening everything felt really smooth, but throughout the process, the recruiter would drop off and wouldn't respond for 1-2 weeks at a time. Very frustrating to say the least when trying to schedule calls. Also, when planning for the on-site, I got very little help with scheduling flights. At least they paid for it, but at first wanted me to...

During most interviews, I was pleasantly surprised by the level of questions and the conversations had. I was able to speak to a broad (vertical and horizontal) set of individuals and came impressed each time.

Once the offer came, I was surprised by where it landed given DV's association with BCG. Had to negotiate pretty hard for what I needed... Some of it expected, but some of it felt borderline being taken advantage of.

Interview Questions

• Most significant failure and why?
      What have you built from scratch, how and why?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.