BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions

Interviews at BCG Digital Ventures

3.1

Stealth Startup C-Level Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

Applied to one of their spin out project executive positions. Reached out on LinkedIn and heard back from a recruiter about 45 days later. Started with a phone screen and then the submission of an NDA. Had a few more phone screens with the recruiter (who was quite scattered). Then had several more phone interviews over the course of a couple months. Kept getting told that they would move to the final stage and do an in-person interview, then kept adding more phone interviews that would be the last step before moving to the in-person panel.

Recruiter then disappeared and came back several weeks later stating that they had changed hiring order priority and asked for referrals for another C-level role. Then disappeared again and came back six weeks later stating that the role had been filled.

All in the process was 4 months from application to rejection, and a total of half a dozen or so phone interviews.

Senior Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manhattan Beach, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Manhattan Beach, CA (US)).

Interview

I was reached out to by one of their recruiters. Throughout the whole process, their recruiters were great. I liked them a lot. Their interview process consisted of a few phone calls with people that ranged from directors to VP's that weren't necessarily at the office location that I would have been working out of. Once I passed those phone calls., you are given a design challenge. You are given 72 hours to come up with a design solution to a problem they give you. You choose from one of the three options. I felt great about what I came up with and was specifically told to focus on the design. I had my onsite interview and presented my solution to a group of six people from various teams and titles. Afterwards I had a bunch of one-on-one's with team members. When I would ask questions around the meaning/difference between their experience designers and their strategic designers it was very confusing.

I had a phone call a could days later and the feedback I was given was that I needed to work more on the presentation and research.

Overall I was very turned off by the whole process of putting in 72 hours of free work, given a specific word to focus on the design, but then to be told that I needed to show more in research and presentation. I've learned that I won't entertain this type of interview again.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

Relatively straightforward, definitely read forums and make sure you can talk strongly about previous experiences. I really enjoyed the people, they were really friendly and wanted me to do well though which was great! If you are excited about BCG, definitely show that

VCTO Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures.

Interview

The interview process included 1 recruiter screen, 1 phone screen with the head of VCTO, 4 onsite interviews with 3 VCTO and 1 product manager, and a final interview with VP of engineering.

Interview Questions

• 50% engineering + architecture
      25% business + product management
      25% engineering leadership and management   1 Answer

Operations Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

5 rounds of interviews including both in person and phone conversations. First 3 rounds were mostly about my skills & background. The final 2 rounds were about culture, fit, needs and expectations for the role. In total I spoke to and met with 11 people, my on-site interviews were panel style casual conversations. Everyone was very kind and offered insights to the company culture, how their roles interacted with other departments, and their personal experiances.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions, "walk me through your background", "tell me about a time when..", "speak to me about your thought processes, planning, implementations etc."   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)).

Interview

First was conference call with other potential interns. Then a hour-long technical phone screen with senior engineer. Then finally was an onsite with hiring manager where they'll have you write code on a white board.

Interview Questions

• Asked me basic computer fundamentals (ie. data structures, algorithms, CS concepts and terminology, etc.)   1 Answer

Director, Product Management Interview

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. I had a phone conversation with a product manager.
    I then had 48 hours to do a practical assignment. Then they scheduled an onsite. During the onsite, the practical is presented, and there are a couple of individual interviews as well.

During the interview process, the interviewers were truly unprofessional. They were clearly not engaged and surfing the internet during the presentation.
    Furthermore, they asked questions which is not typical of product managers. They asked about selling techniques, detailed engineering and data storage technical overview, etc.
    All this shows me is that they want to poke holes in the presentation. Rather than working with me to find an answer to a question, they wanted to grandstand, prove their intelligence, and put me down.

This also showed me that a product manager at BCG DV does not do the same things as a product manager elsewhere in the industry. So, save your time and energy and apply elsewhere. The skills you learn here cannot be transferred to other firms.

Interview Questions

• Come up with a product or solution for X. Develop a roadmap, budget, etc..   Answer Question

I would never work for this company. Took another offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The interview was enjoyable. It involved an initial talk with a recruiter followed by a technical phone interview. Thereafter there was an onsite with 3 interviews. One was technical and the rest behavioural. I answered all the technical questions quickly and felt good about all the interviews but got no offer. Recruiters would provide no feedback

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Multiple Rounds were taken place and each one I talked to a different employee. Every round asked different questions. It felt like they were curious about me and my past accomplishments.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied online on their website after almost a month I was contacted by the recruiter for a technical phone interview with a Senior Engineer. The interviewer was polite yet very enthusiastic about his role at the company. The questions were mostly on the projects on my resume and OOPs concepts. Then after a few days, I received an email that I was selected for the onsite interviews and they provided flexible dates for the interviews. The interview was in NYC and the entire expenses were borne by the company including the flight and taxi fares. The interview consisted of a problem solving (1-hr), managerial (30 mins) and a behavioral (30 mins). I was said that the problem-solving round would be whiteboard coding and data structures, but I was asked very high-level questions on solving enterprise related technical problems which as an intern I was unable to answer. The problem solving round was with an amazing lead engineer. Then I had the remaining rounds with 2 different engineering directors who were again amazing and passionate about their jobs. After a week I received an email that they will not be going forward with me. Overall very seamless and enjoyable process. I really wish I had the opportunity to work with them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.