BCG Digital Ventures Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 121 of over 121 interviews

Recruiter15%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

Many different interviews with many different designers - I had very good understanding of what I was offered and they had a good understanding about me - I was through the same process as someone who was full time.

Interview Questions
  • What is your passion in design?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Berlin)

Interview

1st Round: HR interview 2nd Round: Take home challenge related to Digital Marketing 3rd Round: Interview with Growth Director 4th Round: Case presentation with a partner. Challenge was shared couple of days before. Had to prepare a concise presentation. 5th Round: Interview with Growth Team Lead 6th Round: Live Case Solving Round with project leader

Interview Questions
  • Scenario where you faced a challenge while dealing with client and how did you handle it ?
  • Why do you want to join BCG DV ?
  • Explain a previous experience or a campaign that you are proud of.

What people are saying about BCG Digital Ventures

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

I have a lot of good things to say about most of the people who were involved in the selection process - but one. at the day, did leave a really sour taste in my mouth. But, all in all, not bad.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

They were communicative and fair. It’s exactly what someone would expect from a company like BCG. The interview was quick and ad hoc, asking fairly standard questions in a very casual environment.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and your experience related to this role.

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

I got an email from one of the Senior Designers for an interview. A day before the interview, I get an automatic no-reply email from BCGDV saying my application was rejected. I decided even though I got this rejection email, I'll still do the interview since the interview was still present on my calendar. The interview honestly felt like there was no structure, which made me feel like if this is the same company that sent me a rejection letter after a confirmed interview, there's going to be no structure if I get hired. I decided to remove my application from the job after the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

They asked a few questions on Blockchain, and then a few questions on platforms that I developed. It was not very technical nor very business like. It was OK experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

BCG Digital Ventures

Application

I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures

Interview

Standard process, phone screen, then with a recruiter, then move on to the hiring manager. I was referred by an employee and the recruiter reached out to me right away. When I replied back of my availability, it took me 3 emails to remind him and was then scheduled for a phone screen (2 weeks later). After my phone screen, I had my 1:1 call set up with the hiring manager then the recruiter. I then spoke to the other hiring manager in the NY office who were all really nice folks. I was offered the role over the phone by the recruiter but was never sent any paperwork and was ghosted after the last phone call. I was not even told the job was closed. I could not even decline or accept the offer.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time where you solved a conflict

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Singapore) in Aug 2021

Interview

Pleasant interactions, seems like a strong team working on interesting assignments, but this was probably the most amateur interview process itself. Three negatives: 1. Long lead times — it took a total of 5+ weeks with more than two weeks (!) between the final interview round and the results. 2. Lack of overall clarity — I had to follow up with recruitment team multiple times throughout the process to understand what is happening when. There was no proactive informing. 3. Lack of consideration for candidate's time — typically you should give an update by Friday, in my case I was told the decision is made but I should hold off until Monday, then Tuesday, then Wednesday to fit in a 15min calendar slot. This is just unprofessional and disrespectful to candidate's time. Pick up the phone and deliver the news so we can both get on with it. Hiring is the most important thing we do, especially hiring for fast-growing rocket ships. My takeaway from this interaction is that BCG DV might not walk the talk on their most important asset. Not sure if it's just weak recruitment execution or a systemic issue but be aware.

Interview Questions
  • Team leadership Client conflicts Building own things and metrics used to track growth
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (Paris) in Aug 2021

Interview

I was hunted by a 3rd party recruitment agency. First interview was with the director which went really well, told me the job would be quite hands-on / operational. I thought it was rather exciting, the person I've interviewed is definitely someone I'd have liked to work for. Second phase was a technical test and I thought it was fairly easy, some Analytics, some Google Ads. According to the recruiter, I passed it with flying colours. Third phase came as a surprise since I was asked to prepare a 15-min case study over the course of a few days. I thought I was rather far in the process so it'd be silly to decline, but I wasn't told this would take so long. The brief was really vague but I prepared the case study regardless which was some work about user acquisition for a fictional company... and it was really vague considering the brief was laid out over 4 bullet points, and everything else is your own assumptions. Essentially, you have to think of growth levers for this fictional company, work out a plan, estimate user acquisition volume and cost with a fixed budget, then think of a team structure. According to their feedback, I was too focussed on operational instead of strategy and I didn't delve far enough in the wider business... which wasn't something I was asked to do in the first place, but I thought I did cover those parts during question time with the two interviewers. To my confusion, they said the presentation was too oriented on user acquisition... which is what I had been preparing for over the first two phases and I also followed the "BCGDV Maker" structure I was sent. It was a bit frustrating after actually spending so long on the presentation (no compensation at all for the time spent on it), but I understand I probably didn't have the right profile. With this being said, I also feel like I was misdirected by the first two phases which clearly screamed "WE NEED SOMEONE OPERATIONAL" and suddenly I was being too operational. The whole process from first contact to feedback of the third phase took 2 months, it was during summer so I can understand there was some delay.

Interview Questions
  • What do you think about the user acquisition cost you've calculated? Do you think it would be profitable?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BCG Digital Ventures (New York, NY) in Jul 2021

Interview

initial recruiter contact + phone screen by director ( 1 week later) + whole day of interview loop, with different folks ( 2 weeks later) -- then ghosting, no nothing. quite horrible experience.

Interview Questions
  • case study was given at start of interview asked to do a system design build on the design and gaps in subsequent loop then one behavior then last with one senior director
Viewing 1 - 10 of 121 Interviews