BCG Platinion Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

BCG Platinion Interview Questions

Interviews at BCG Platinion

2.9

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion.

Interview

Had one phone screen and two 45mins video interviews one of which was a case study.

HR is unresponsive and each interview is followed by weeks of silence. I still don’t know if they want to call me for further interviews. I have followed up a couple of times with HR and there has been no
    Response from them which is very unprofessional.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

They would give you a video cover letter to accomplish before the deadline and is crucial in their interview process. And then they would tell you the time that they would decide to continue or not with your application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me one incident that you came across and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Principal Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Painful. First and foremost these people are not looking for technical knowledge at all despite it being a tech position. I really can't say much more than I was asked some of the most asinine questions I have ever heard in an interviews. They move terribly slow, ( I thought it might be interesting is why i kept going but decided against it since I had received 5 other offers in the same time period of equal or higher pay. ) I am fully aware of who BCG is but the amount of arrogance they were speaking to me with about their customers and positions. I decided to decline the offer, probably the best thing I have done because reading some of these other interview reviews they do the same thing to everyone.

Interview Questions

• They asked how you would solve a data analytics problem to a board of directors, without being slightly technical.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

The normal hiring process consists of 2 rounds each with 2 interviews (incl. a case in every interview in Englisch and German). My first two interviews were in Frankfurt/Main with a SC and Manager. Both were very kind and seemed knowledgeable in their respective areas. Cases were both from the energy sector (e.g., vendor selection for IT Outsourcing). The second round was in Köln with a SC and MD. Again both were very kind (!) and seemed interested in you as an applicant. One case was again from the energy sector and focused around IT Cost reduction. Although each interviewer tried to artificially increase the stress in each interview every question as well as the case itself was fair (however the twists were sometimes a bit tricky).

For case preparation I would suggest to thoroughly study BCG and PLA offerings/publications /websites and the like.

I had the feeling that personal questions centered more around personal motivation (motivation to work in consulting generally and BCG PLA especially) than around direct cultural fit questions .

In general the hiring process overall was fast. HR is very quick in responding to your requests and setting up interviews.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Got invited by Platinion recruiter for the interviews.

First round is phone screening with associate directors, questions were around experience on the resume.
    Second round contains three 45 min onsite interviews, meeting team members from Staff to MD, questions including both technical (modeling, risk analytics) and behavioural.
    Third round face to face with a project leader, questions are around technical knowledge in data analytics and software use like SAS and Python.
    Last round is a short conversation with the team leader, basically talking about your motivation and career plan.

Product Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

took 8+ months. Painful, unnecessarily long, inefficient, and extremely inconsiderate. The following illustrates the interview process I went through in detail:

- Had 4 initial interviews over the course of 3 months - they had constant scheduling conflicts. Their internal recruiters would disappear for weeks with no feedback, or updates and reappear again, all the while telling my recruiter they were interested in me.

- at the 4th month, they told me they were interested in me, but didn’t have an official JD open/posted, and had to create one. However, there were no timelines set for this activity when my recruiter and me asked. It took another 2 months to create a role.

- After the JD was created, I was told I needed to speak to the CEO for a final conversation. However, it was never scheduled and there was no update when my recruiter tried to get information other than the excuse of scheduling conflicts.

- 1 month later, I was told I need to start the process all over again from the beginning, for a role that’s a level below where I’m at currently in my career. I still went through with interviewing because I was interested in the work and figured if everything else fit, its about the work, not the title. I double checked if the salary I initially presented was still not a problem, and was told it wouldn’t be.

- It took another 1.5 months to schedule a “first round.” I presented my portfolio to 12 people, and received positive feedback a week later. I was told I would be set up to speak with 2 more people, one of whom was with my very first interviewer.

- I waited for a week for them to schedule it, after them sending an check in email that they were just coordinating calendars.

- 2 weeks later I was told they were “still interested", but asked if I would consider a role 2 levels lower that my current position. FYI: I have 12+ years of experience having sold hundreds of millions of dollars of work, and worked on 30+ Fortune 50 clients, having worked for some well known companies. I understand they hire talented people, but asking at this point in the process was insulting and inconsiderate. I stopped the process from continuing.

In summary, this is the worst recruiting/interviewing process I've ever encountered or heard about.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your process in building a product from concept to launch.   Answer Question

Senior Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

The process was really good, the recruiter always answered my queries to the point. The only thing that I felt could be better was the amount of time it took right from the 1st call with the recruiter to the final offer.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial 1 hour HR screen. After a month had a 1 hour technical interview. After a week, I was invited onsite for an in person technical interview. From here the process was horrendous. HR took their sweet time to respond and expected you to be available for travel at a moments notice. What they failed to realize is that the prospective employee has other commitments to their family, current clients, and current job. The worst part was after a month of silence from BCG-Platinion's HR, they would respond by saying "sorry I was caught up with other e-mails. This shows a lack of respect for the candidate's time and lack of priority management on BCG-Platinion's part.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Excellent communication and careful attention to detail. I interviewed with 6 people total, including Senior Consultants, Associate Directors and Managing Directors. I learned a great deal about the organization, and found each person to be very generous with their time and thoughtful in their responses to my questions.

Chief Information Technology Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at BCG Platinion (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process took almost a year with big gaps and no feedback in between the phases. I was initially contacted by a headhunter recruiting on behalf of BCG Platinion. After sending my resume, I was told that there was interest to continue but they were too busy to interview. After a 6-month or so silence, I was recontacted by the headhunter and was told that BCG was ready to move forward. The rest of the process took about 3 months with a total of 5 interviews including a phone conversation, 2 WebEx video conferences and an onsite interview at BCG's NYC office. There were almost 2-3 week gaps in between each phase with absolutely no feedback or expectation setting. It was both frustrating and perhaps unbelievable considering that Platinion is part of a tier-1 consulting organization. All in all, I lost my motivation to try and get the job.

The interviews were not that hard. Almost all interviews were structured the same; Start with introductions, go over the resume and ask specific questions followed by a case study. They seemed to value the different skills you could bring to the table but all in all they were looking for very specific skills for immediate needs (i.e. Agile, DevOps).

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.