BMO Financial Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Interviews at BMO Financial Group

1,020 Interview Reviews

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Easy says its cheap labor. This was a couple of years ago so might be different. Its a big company so follow up is on you. I'd use other reviews and searching to see what the current trend is.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Well really frustrating expeience! First, they outsource recruiting to 3rd party company and I believe my recruiter handles multiple positions, and every email he sent out followed by a CORRECTION EMAIL.....back and forth eventually confirmed interview time & method. Second, only one on-site interview with one guy (he's the "manager" and the successful candidate will work with him), overall interview experience is good and nothing tricky. Then it came to post-interview stage. oh during interview I was told overall only one round and decision would be made after all candidates met. I followed-up twice with recruiter, every time he said he would send email to manager for feedback but never heard back..
    Plus, during interview the guy told me actually they started interview Nov 2019 and didn't successfully bring anyone on-board due to different reasons; and this year they started interview again....totally waste my time!

Client Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group.

Interview

Was called to do a phone interview first but since the HR lady was too busy they did a face to face interview. Even though I didn't get the job they actually CALLED me to let me know.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter and an in person interview with the manager. Both interviews were fairly short and they asked typical interview questions. The questions the recruiter asked were very general. She did not have a lot of information on the position.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers.   1 Answer

Sales and Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (New York, NY (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Standard questions regarding markets and behaviorals. Was reached out to after applying through a campus portal. Mostly wanted to see if you were a good fit or not for the firm

Commercial Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Nice interview process. I had a phone interview then got asked to come to the Chicago office for a Super Day. The company paid for the whole trip which was very nice. Overall, it was a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to persuade someone’s opinion   Answer Question
    • When was there a time you didn’t get along with someone in a group but worked through it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Was a very informal interview where they just wanted to know my background and the decisions I made to get me to where I am today. The people I interviewed with were very nice and would definitely consider this a top notch organization.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was probably about portfolio optimization.   Answer Question

Junior Full-Stack Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Irving, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

I was called by a guy in their office in Michigan two hour earlier than expected (thankfully, I was already active and ready) and he asked me some technical questions about the concepts of OOP, what projects I did in Java and Python, if I knew what some DevOps tools did, and if I had worked with said tools before. Other than that, we got into a conversation about certain technical concepts as well as what the job entailed and then we said our goodbyes. Apparently, the reviewer had given me a great review, so I went to the Irving office to meet the hiring manager. We just talked about the job, things they were planning, how the workdays would be like, and just general information. This interview wasn't question oriented and seemed more about just getting to know me, seeing what I was like, and if he could work with me. Our conversation was pleasant overall, and I learned later that day they wanted to go ahead and send me an offer. I accepted.

As someone who hates doing interviews, especially job interviews, I really liked this one. That's how I knew this would be a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• What are the concepts of OOP?   1 Answer

AML Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group in February 2019.

Interview

It was a very relaxed interview. The questions were almost all behavioral, so there is no technical information that you need to prepare for ahead of time. The first interview was with an HR rep and the second interview was with the AML system manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, challenges, weaknesses, experience.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at BMO Financial Group (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

Horribly unprofressional.

I believe my experience was probably specific to this department manager - although this was my only experience with BMO.

Hiring manager was condescending & rude. There was a snafu at security, which might have been partially my fault, however, security would not let me proceed until someone came to get me which apparently was a horrible ordeal for her (having to ride the elevator and all) and she berated me for 10 minutes (no exaggeration) - I should have turned around and left then.

She asked inappropriate questions - about proprietary information on my current role. She asked for the exact target numbers for opened accounts and CPAs (I gave her ballparks; she said she needed the exact number). She asked me how many accounts I had acquired, exactly, every month for the past four years of my role (who would know this off the top of her head?). She seemed disgusted that I didn't know the number.

I asked her for clarity about the department structure and she responded 'I already explained this'.

I asked her a few questions - what's the biggest challenge facing the marketing department? She asked me why I was asking this. I said I was curious as this challenge would impact the person taking on the role. She said she wasn't going to answer. I asked her about marketing tools they use - she said 'I'm not going to answer that', as if I asked for her SS#. Totally fine if she didn't want to share something with a candidate, but she could have spoken in general terms. Especially given what she was asking of me. I also asked if brand safety concerns in the digital space were a major concern at the moment she condescendingly replied 'so this is a bank'.

When I called the recruiter post-interview, telling her it didn't go well and I wouldn't want to work for this raging nightmare under any circumstance anyway, the recruiter sounded frustrated and implied this wasn't the first time she'd heard about this experience from a candidate.

Interview Questions

• What, specifically, were your account open goals per channel (display, search, social)?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.