Baker McKenzie Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Baker McKenzie Interview Questions

Interviews at Baker McKenzie

2.8

Anonymous Interview

Interview

normal process applied through campus website. first phone interview then partner interview. After partner interview, there was a written test that required a memo. Overall, the process took more than 1 month. Difficulty is average. written test is take home. can use all the resource. after submit the written test, I heard back after 2 weeks. Nice interview process and quick response throughout. oh man, the 30 words minimum is killing me how many more words do i need to post. how many words, how many words, how many more!

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Was contacted for a 20 minute phone interview with a recruiter.

At the end of the interview, the recruiter explained next steps and said I'd be contacted in the next week.

After never hearing back, I of course recognize I was not selected to move forward, but I even followed up 10 days after my interview and did not receive a response. It seems that the organization is not concerned with a candidate's time, if they can not even respond after already connecting with a candidate. Not great candidate experience, especially for a firm that seems to advertise its support of people.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized? Tell me about a long term project   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Had an offer about 2-3 weeks after the initial interview . The first interview was a phone screening one. The second interview, which took place a week later, was rounds of interviews - 2 interviewers every 30 minutes. The third interview was a few days later to a week later and I received an offer on the call during this “interview.”

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

Interview process began with a Human Resources representative asking pre-screening questions and ended with an interview with the Associate Director of Project Management. Both encounters were extremely friendly and the questions were easy to respond to.

Interview Questions

• Why Baker McKenzie? Why should we hire you for this role?   Answer Question

Research Librarian-Tampa Office Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (Tampa, FL (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and in less than a week had a brief phone interview with a Recruitment Manager based in London. It went very well and then I had a Skype interview with 2 hiring managers the following week. Afterwards I reached out to their local recruiter I had spoken with prior to my interview, but she never returned my emails or calls. All I wanted was some feedback. It was a very rude way to let someone know they didn't get the job. If candidates have taken the time and energy to apply, research the company, and go through 2 interviews then have the decency to at least let them know they didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• What are you most apprehensive about in regards to this job?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie (New York, NY (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The position was through the bAgile program. The process was unlike anything I have ever experienced. The interview was done over Google Hangouts. So, the questions were over chat. Not personalized and I had to wait for the results of how well I did. The told me I would have to log on the next day at 8am, gave me no other time or option. And when I did not log on immediately at 8am to message the chat, she complained that "we were supposed to start this chat at 8am." Just the whole entire thing seemed like a scam. Turns out I did well through the chat interview and I was immediately offered a position. I was told I would be receiving a check in the mail for programs/ materials I may need to purchase. They were going to send me money when I have not even spoke with an actual human being. It just seemed like a complete scam again. I refused to participate, and told them I would need to meet with someone in person to go over the job in the entirety. I had to ask this request twice before they understood I was not going to budge on it. I ask this 3 weeks ago, and I have yet to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• How much training do you think you need to become a productive employee?   Answer Question
    • What do you understand by privacy and code of conduct?   Answer Question
    • How long do you expect to remain employ with Baker McKenzie(bAgile) if hired?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself when it comes to handling of job duties and working under pressure?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have in this field or other office related position?   Answer Question
    • What do you Understand by Business Ethics & Customer Relations?   Answer Question
    • Have you already done the best work you are capable of?
      How would you rate yourself as a leader on a scale from 1 to 10?   Answer Question

Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

It was fairly easy, straightforward interview focused primarily on fit and culture. No trick or gotcha questions. Good people. They want more words for this but there really isn’t more to say

ENTRY Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

The interview provided was very brief and to the point. The interviewee wasted no time. The hiring process also did not take long about 45 min to an HR. I would for some who dread interview questions and long responses that this by far was the quickest and most precise.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working for this company   1 Answer

Counsel Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

16 weeks of interviews, waiting and games. I can only imagine what it is like trying to get anything done in that environment. Need to be reminded that a poorly managed hiring process hurts it’s brand, and desirability factor among top candidates. One candidate shares his/her experiences with dozens of peers. Thanks but no thanks.

Paralegal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Baker McKenzie.

Interview

Two rounds: one with partner and associates and other with HR and partner. Basic interview questions. I applied online and received a call shortly after submitting application. I was asked a lot of questions about my experience and interest but nothing difficult. Thought the second interview was redundant.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.