Birmingham City University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.co.uk

Birmingham City University Interview Questions

3.2

Programmer Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in July 2016.

Interview

30 minute excel test based in the office where you would be working followed by 30 minute structured interview with three people who each took it in turns to ask a number of questions. All interviewers took notes during the process. At the end there was an opportunity for me to ask questions. The interview was on a Thursday and they said would be making a decision on Monday. It's now Wednesday and I am waiting for the official 'no' - would have been nice to have received a response by now in order to gain feedback on where I didn't meet expectations to help with future job applications and whether it would be worth applying to them again for any future vacancies - this would just help with knowing whether lost out to someone better on the day or just not suitable for them.

Lecturer In Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in March 2016.

Interview

I was asked to prepare a 15 minute presentation on how I would fit into the department. After the presentation I had a 15 minute panel interview, followed by a 30 minute informal interview with staff and students. The application was extremely long and asked a number of questions that required substantial answers (rather than a C.V. outline).

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your teaching and how do you know this?   1 Answer

Logistics Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in January 2015.

Interview

You apply online on university sites where you need to answer many questions and fill the form. Submit it. The university selects the students and calls them for personal face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• A time when you and your group were in trouble, how did you managed to come out of it?   Answer Question

Demostrating Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick and easy. Asked me questions about what I knew and how I would deal with certain things.
    They checked my cv to see if there was anything I had done in the past. This was done with a lecturer who was looking after the demonstrators
    Once this was compete I then has a 1:1 with a lecturer who was running one of the lessons I would be working with. This was to make sure I understood what I needed to do and what tasks would take place

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any they mainly took their time to set up when the lessons would be and how I would be getting paid.

Placement Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview with two people. Usually a lecturer and a member from practice. They will ask you questions and then allow you to ask questions after the interview. You will be given a talk from lecturers who will explain the course and the city. The interview lasts around 10- 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England).

Interview

Job was offered by award leader.

Interview Questions

• Do You really want to be involved?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It took about a month. Be self confident.

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Birmingham City University (Birmingham, England) in June 2013.

Interview

Completed an online application, i then received a call a week later. I was given a date foe the interview. I was given a short task concerning excel functions and a presentation. This was just to see the logic behind my thought processes. I spoke briefly about this.
    I was then asked a number of questions by three different employees that were pretty standard interview questions. Overall the process wasn't too difficult.

Interview Questions

• Typical standard question, working in a team, communication, what i want the job   Answer Question

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Birmingham City University in October 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview in the beginning followed by a skills test and IQ test to check my skills set. later a 1:1 interview with Line manager and get got my acceptance

Interview Questions

Negotiation

it was really good i was offered a very good package

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.